DBZ XENOVERSE!!!!

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't get "I'm the strongest on Earth"-something Z-Soul that Vegeta is asking me. ******* random drop rate is ******* random. I want that Final Flash (if that's what he's about to give me). Did the PQ like 10 times, can't be bothered to grind moar.

Best answers
An intressing thing about the game-You can train under Kirllin, ergo Kirllin can be your master...I mean seriously, KIRLLIN!!!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
SSJ is also a random drop, well if you want it early. It's so random that even when you fulfil the conditions for it to drop it still may not drop.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Still can beat anyone in the world with ease :) ;and robb banks and hang out with Putin (or maybe he's too cool even then)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
An intressing thing about the game-You can train under Kirllin, ergo Kirllin can be your master...I mean seriously, KIRLLIN!!!
By the way Zeroc you think that's bad. Another trainer is no one other then Hercule, **** that name, Mr. Satan himself.

Best answers
Still can beat anyone in the world with ease :) ;and robb banks and hang out with Putin (or maybe he's too cool even then)
Seriously...When you start the game, you are already stronger than Kirllin, why would you train under him? And I'm not talking about the real world...

By the way Zeroc you think that's bad. Another trainer is no one other then Hercule, **** that name, Mr. Satan himself.
Hahaha, I didn't know that. I wonder how the hell that would help someone to fight against any real opponent in the Dbz universe.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
A very fair review with the appropriate grade given. Even with that some elements he either didn't cover (Graphics and sound) or sugarcoated them (no truth as to how useless the free roam area is/why is there even a jump button).

I'm at the Buu saga where there's 3 Buus then you fight like 6 of them. It's just retarded. The only thing in your favor is that there's no time limit. Ki Blasts are so ******* OP in this game, the more enemies or the more allies you have that can spam them you basically win/lose because Block doesn't work all around you. I went training under Cell and had a test from him where I had to defeat 3 Cell Jr. in 5 mins, thing is, after 2 mins or so, another 3 ******* Cell Jr. come and you get ass raped. Good thing was you only had to defeat 3 of them after which the test ends. This Buu shit is retarded. I'm level 38 btw, must've grinded the Super Saiyan 1/2 and Super Vegeta quests like 20 times each with no luck. I barely got lucky to get the 3xKaioken. This game is so retarded, I don't know why I keep playing...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This game is so retarded, I don't know why I keep playing...
Right with you there. Every time I play this game I feel miserable. I think it's like a really bad drug. It makes you miserable yet you keep doing it for some reason.

When you play a Firaxis Games game, you get the same kind of addiction, but you actually feel bad when you have to stop playing, because you feel good. This game is the anti-firaxis, where it's bad that you're playing it, yet for some reason you can't stop and you keep coming back hoping it get's better, but it doesn't, but you still come back hoping you can change him, but then he still beats you and....whoooooa.

Man this game is messing with me right now. I need more SWTOR.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Haha, atm its one of those games that i miss playing after half an hour but when i do actually play it ill only be on for 10 mins! Now ive got ssj2....wasn't really worth it after all that hard work. Im stuck on the story mission where i have to fight Cell, Kid Buu and Frieza.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Not sure what trouble everyone is having...the game is relatively easy.

Finished the game at level 34, beat Beerus/Whis at 29, and the "Impossible Buu quest" at 22, as Basic Attack, Strike Supers, and Ki Supers lol.

Meckanikz 3 h4rd 5 mii

Best answers

Finished the game at level 34, beat Beerus/Whis at 29, and the "Impossible Buu quest" at 22, as Basic Attack, Strike Supers, and Ki Supers lol.

Meckanikz 3 h4rd 5 mii

yeah its pretty simple in the end, equipping right stuff and running away waiting for an apportunity to strike. Or atleast thats how i did it

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers

Meckanikz 3 h4rd 5 mii
What race and equips? I mainly wanna compare if race speed affects animation reaction time, and how you got along with Guarding all them Ki Blasts spam.

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
None of this is at all surprising, really. I could see from one game play video that the combat was a direct copy and paste of the Tenkaichi engine + a few tweaks here and there. Problem is the Tenkaichi fighting system became incredibly dull and repetitive after ten minutes of playing, and the only reason I enjoyed playing it at all as a teenager was because it was DBZ, and I ******* love me some DBZ (I also didn't have many other games for PS2)

You know, this whole situation is actually very similar to the Smash Bros. situation. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about I'll quickly skim over it. Pretty much Super Smash Bros. Melee is seen as the pinnacle of the franchise; it's loved by fans and spectators in general for its fast paced, and highly complex physics based game play. All subsequent releases of the franchise have obliterated what made Melee so unique by removing two of the major factors that increased game play speed (these factors being the ability to reduce wake up time after attacks, and wavedashing, which is a faster and safer form of ground movement). People still get hyped for future releases of the game, though, because they hope that the creators will see the error of their ways and put effort into making another amazing game.

So, what did the Smash community do about it? Well, a bunch of coders got together to mod Melee; they tweaked some imbalances and bugs, and they merged the new roster from Super Smash Bros. Brawl into the Melee engine. It's called Project Melee, and a lot of the community are switching over to this mod of the game. It's the same with Xenoverse, people were hoping that it would be as amazing as it was advertised to be, when the unfortunately harsh reality came to pass that it's essentially the same game from 2005. Budokai 3 was on the right path, and Budokai Tenkaichi took a massive dump on the franchise. Still though, still people like FF cry out, claiming it's going to be the most amazing thing ever, and still people buy it. I think the only people left who will be playing this game in a month are hardcore DBZ fans that like to beat up Buu as Goku when they're stoned, or teenagers who've recently seen Battle of Gods. Just how Project Melee is the ultimate Smash game, ESF is the ultimate DBZ game - I only hope the 1.2.3 engine will play a heavy part of Final's gameplay.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
None of this is at all surprising, really. I could see from one game play video that the combat was a direct copy and paste of the Tenkaichi engine + a few tweaks here and there
And yet it plays nothing like Tenkaichi except for the fact that they're 3D Arena Fighters based on DBZ.

Still, people buying DBZ games thinking they're competitive and have tons of depth are ALWAYS going to be disappointed. Bandai just wants to cash-in on the fanservice and the fact that they've made Xenoverse with all these MMORPG elements and CaC proves it. It's not like there aren't any competitive dbz games in this sea of "DBZ Simulators" (I hate this term),you have DBZ Hyper Dimension for the SNES and Super DBZ for the PS2 (GOAT) if you're into traditional fighters, and while I hate High-Level play of the Budokai series, those can be considered competitive as well (specially Shin Budokai 2 and Burst Limit). Raging Blast 2 has some kind of depth, but it's unbalanced as **** and it relies on many gimmicks it's not even fun, but I guess if you like the "DEE BEE ZEE SIMULATOR" aspect of it and want to push into the next level you can mess around with that.

Xenoverse is kinda meh in terms of everything because it tries to do everything at once and it kinda falls flat. While the CaC and MMORPG aspects are really solid, the RNG during the quests kinda kils it for some people, it doesn't have OVER 300 CHARACTERS so the Tenkaichi fans don't have any interest in it and despite the gameplay being combo-centric and fun, It still falls on the simple side so again competitive players get nothing (that and the terrible netcode and unbalanced items/z-souls will ruin PvP online). STILL HAVING ALOT OF FUN WITH IT, It has alot of charm and the CaC elements are full of fanservice you can't help but to get a smile on your face when you see a well-designed character online, the Story Mode becomes interesting the more as you progress because it detaches more from the usual DBZ Storyline, the Paralel Quests feel so rewarding when you finish a difficult one and see all the character dialogue during battles. It's really fun and has alot of charm, something that just hasn't been in DBZ games since the PS2 era.

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Just pick a Namekian. With points mostly in health, they get pretty much unkillable in prolonged fights.
Just finished the story without bothering with any equips. Just the stylish suit I picked myself at the character creation :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Just pick a Namekian. With points mostly in health, they get pretty much unkillable in prolonged fights.
Just finished the story without bothering with any equips. Just the stylish suit I picked myself at the character creation :)
Or better yet if you don't want to be a green slug pick Neil's Z soul which regenerates your HP while you have full KI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom