DBZ vs Yu Yu Hakusho

What show do you like more?

• Dragonball Z

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • Yu Yu Hakusho

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
Best answers
I recently started watching Yu Yu Hakusho and I always noticed how the show ripped off of DBZ's ideas.....but I personaly still like Yu Yu Hakusho more because the characters are so much more.....realistic.

In DBZ you ALWAYS had a stereotypical character.....the non-serieus main character, the dumb sidekick, the arregent character, and soi on.....but where I find Yu Yu Hakusho to suceed is in the character developement....all of the main+supporting characters are more then Flat Characters.....anyway what show do you like more....and explain, I want more then "dbz is beter because goku is my lovr"

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I recently started watching Yu Yu Hakusho and I always noticed how the show ripped off of DBZ's ideas.....but I personaly still like Yu Yu Hakusho more because the characters are so much more.....realistic.

In DBZ you ALWAYS had a stereotypical character.....the non-serieus main character, the dumb sidekick, the arregent character, and soi on.....but where I find Yu Yu Hakusho to suceed is in the character developement....all of the main+supporting characters are more then Flat Characters.....anyway what show do you like more....and explain, I want more then "dbz is beter because goku is my lovr"
I like Dragon Ball Z more. Mainly due to the capabilities of all the characters, such as moving faster than the eye can see, being able to control their bodies energy at will, fighting at incredible speeds, the superpower concept, etcetera. Not to mention it's all about fighting rather than character development.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to mention it's all about fighting rather than character development.
What character development there is is amazing, though.

Best answers
YYH has more character development as well as better fighting scenes IMO. YYH has a wide variety of characters all that have their own unique techniques and abilities...along with ways they act to different situations. Back a few years ago, i had the biggest obsession with kurama and yoko kurama. I always had a thing for plant using and ways people can manipulate plant life...kurama not only has that but is very deep in thought and always thinks ahead...i think this is the reason i have an obession with Death note

Best answers
BAH!! Dragonball Z FTW!! I could never like a anime over DBZ. But that's just in my nature I guess :) :)

EDIT: I forgot to say WHY.

Cause Vegeta is my Lover, Story line was pretty great. Lots of different factors got put into it which really made me like it. For once the dubbed voices aren't so bad. [Look into the sound dubbed Naruto compared to DBZ-You'll get my catch -.-']

-Votes for Dragonball Z-

-GuZzie

Best answers
Dragonball, personally, is a rather sub par series. The manga is fairly decent, yet nothing special at all really, and the anime is horrible. Personally, Yu Yu Hakusho was dragonball done right....it had good character development, whereas Dragonball had terrible character development, pretty good emotion (not amazing or anything though), whereas Dragonball failed in that area, and the plot felt a lot more solid. The character's had...much more interesting personalities in my opinion, as well.

So, yeah. Yu Yu Hakusho, easily. From my perspective atleast, DB/Z is one of (if not the) world's most overrated series...as far as the manga, it's still fun to read, but there's so much better out there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yu Yu Hakusho. Even though I didn't watch it a lot, I couldn't choose Dragon Ball Z, because after watching better anime I think it sucks. But I suppose it did good for it's time, early 90's at the most. But the plot is horrible, predictable, and repititive. The fights are good sure, but they can't make an anime alone. The story is much more important.

Best answers
Yu Yu Hakusho. Even though I didn't watch it a lot, I couldn't choose Dragon Ball Z, because after watching better anime I think it sucks. But I suppose it did good for it's time, early 90's at the most. But the plot is horrible, predictable, and repititive. The fights are good sure, but they can't make an anime alone. The story is much more important.
Exacly! Also, when you compare villions, you see simularities, expect Yu Yu Hakusho has the better ones...

Just do a Cell vs Senswi and try to make a case for Cell. 7 personalies....that guy was so nuts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cause Vegeta is my Lover
Yeah right.

Anyway, YuYu Hakusho was a great show. I enjoyed what I watched of it, and I actually just watched some of the first episodes a couple days ago and remembered just how great it was. YuYu Hakusho didn't spend an inordinate amount of time explaining characters, their pasts, and their special abilities and whatnot - it didn't get so emotional and/or boring... like some shows I know that tire out & scar my brain with flashbacks and odd violence. I loved the show for what it is, and it reminded me a lot of Dragon Ball--I got into the characters easily and the fighting was entertaining as well. Comparing to Dragon Ball YuYu Hakusho is off by a long shot, but it's still in my top 10 at least, even though I don't show it much anymore--I'd prefer watching YuYu Hakusho an unlimited amount of times than stand another second of Naruto.

I may give Bleach another shot, sooner or later. I guess I'm just realizing I've wasted a lot of my time with Naruto. Fillers, boring, repetitive, violent crap - it's a bunch of garbage, and completely overrated... far more overrated than Dragon Ball, which was actually original.

Anyone for an annoying catchphrase that'll haunt us forever? Seriously though, it's actually annoying---and the funny part is they're trying to make something huge out of it:

BELIEVE IT! BELIEVE IT! BELIEVE IT! BELIEVE IT! BELIEVE IT!

Best answers
What character development there is is amazing, though.
I hated the fact that Vegeta turned into a absalute babyface, they just totily ruined the character. GT was already screwed over because of what they did to Vegeta in the Buu Saga(which never should have happened in the first place)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
for me there's only two definition can describe dbz and yu yu hakusho

dbz= kids only

yu yu hakusho= for adult

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Dragon Ball Z is pretty violent though the manga has more violent/graphic scenes in it.

dbz is kinda...ok for the violant issue. nothing compare to DC

If you said that is a violant manga than there would be more than 99% of manga/comic disqualified!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dbz is kinda...ok for the violant issue. nothing compare to DC

If you said that is a violant manga than there would be more than 99% of manga/comic disqualified!
The English dub of Dragon Ball Z was deliberately toned down for children--majorly. Although, the manga and the Japanese cartoon can be suited for some children and just about anyone else. It's preference - a lot of people don't even like cartoons, and there are few cartoons that actually stand out. I'm not sure I understand what you want to see in anime. You'd like to see violence? If you're looking for an anime that's "extremely popular" & considered "great" with lots of violence; people murdering eachother (Kids, too!), blood, guts, woman being raped and killed & people killing their families, then you may as well watch Naruto because it's got plenty to offer to the insane.

yu yu hakusho= for adult
Nonsense.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a few questions about Yu Yu Hakusho:

1) Is the funimation version cut up pretty badly (like most bloody, good moments are removed)
2) Is the english dub any good or is the japanese still better?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) Is the funimation version cut up pretty badly (like most bloody, good moments are removed)
It's like Dragon Ball Z Uncut - most blood isn't removed. I haven't seen the entire series uncut so I wouldn't know about anything else.

2) Is the english dub any good or is the japanese still better?
Depends what you like more.

Best answers
It's like Dragon Ball Z Uncut - most blood isn't removed. I haven't seen the entire series uncut so I wouldn't know about anything else.

Depends what you like more.
I have watched both and if you can stand Kuuibara's voice, then you'll enjoy the english version more. Everyone expect the guy I mentioned already has a great voice for their character....esp Hiei.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom