DBZ - UT3

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Do you guys think it would be possible to make a DBZ themed game on the UT3 Engine? Cuz that would be awesome... I wanna try doing that if it's possible, I just don't know where to start

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well to start, you should probably hit up the UT3 community. They released that Unreal Development Kit and all..... So I think you may want to start by finding a coder. It is really hard to even find anyone without a Coder. Then you may want a modeler or two. Sprite artists aren't too hard to come by. Now... Animators are a tricky part.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It should be possible, since everything you'd need for a DBZ style game is already there (just used differently). The melee system would be harder to do, but that's about it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Real time melee wouldnt work. Youd need a work around, like we have in ESF or like ZEQ2 is using.

Other than that, yea you could totally do a DBZ themed game on the most widely used engine these days. I mean lets face it, the UT3 engine is used for everything from FPS games, to RPGs, RTS, adventure games literally everything.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well to start, you should probably hit up the UT3 community. They released that Unreal Development Kit and all.....
It's not the community that released the UDK, it was Epic Games itself.

If anyone was up for making a good-looking-DB-themed game, I'd instantly suggest UDK.
Also stop calling it "UT3 engine", it's UE3 - Unreal Engine 3.
BTW, anyone's up for some UT3?

Last edited:
Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

If anyone was up for making a good-looking-DB-themed game, I'd instantly suggest UDK.
Also stop calling it "UT3 engine", it's UE3 - Unreal Engine 3.
BTW, anyone's up for some UT3?
UT3's engine is Unread Engine 3, so it's fine to call it that.
Also, the 'they' isn't necessarily referring to the UT3 community. It's safe to assume he was talking about EPIC.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I know. I was telling him that the UT community was a better place to start and that the UDK was released.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
UT3's engine is Unread Engine 3, so it's fine to call it that.
It's not really appropriate IMHO, the UE3 UT3 is based on is like 4 years old. I believe the current UE3 (and if you call it UE3, you're most likely talking about the newest version of it) has some more fancy stuff or at least the newer videos imply that.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not really appropriate IMHO, the UE3 UT3 is based on is like 4 years old. I believe the current UE3 (and if you call it UE3, you're most likely talking about the newest version of it) has some more fancy stuff or at least the newer videos imply that.
I don't think the age of the engine really matters when it comes down to discussions like this. Despite being upgraded, it's still the same engine that UT3 is using.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's still the same engine that UT3 is using.
Well yes, that's what you think. Thanks. I still find more truth in my post than in yours.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well yes, that's what you think. Thanks.
It's what I think and know. The current engine was built and upgraded off of the engine that Unreal Tournament 3 uses.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's what I think and know. The current engine was built and upgraded off of the engine that Unreal Tournament 3 uses.
Exactly. What I was talking about was the way you should call the engine to not get people confused.

If it's "UT3 engine", it's UE3 from 4 years ago.
If it's UE3, it's the current version.

In any case, "UE3" is easier to write than "UT3 engine", so I'm right anyway. Not like I wanted to start an argument about such unimportant thing.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly. What I was talking about was the way you should call the engine to not get people confused.

If it's "UT3 engine", it's UE3 from 4 years ago.
If it's UE3, it's the current version.

In any case, "UE3" is easier to write than "UT3 engine", so I'm right anyway. Not like I wanted to start an argument about such unimportant thing.
Here is the thing though. A lot of people just ask you what the UDK is if you mention it. And if you tell them its the UE3 some get it, most dont. But when you say the UT3 engine they go "Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Then say so"

So i kinda got the habit of saying "UT3 engine". Especially since nearly everyone knows about Unreal Tournament, yet there are ****loads of people who have no idea there is an actual "Unreal" game out there.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ive had the udk editor for months...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom