Best answers
This is going to be a great help to those who love dragon ball z but have trouble drawing the characters..

I as of late, have had no drawing inspiration to draw any manga what so ever..

So I searched for some help books, I found out that I wanted to draw DBZ characters alot more then any thing else..

Without further adue.. Here are the links to where you can buy these great help books..I will be ordering these specific books by the end of today..

How to Draw Action: Dragon Ball Z
How to Draw Dragonball Z
How to Draw II

Enjoy!

BTW: I'm only sharing helpful information this isn't artwork. :]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ummm those drawings books are for kids........

Best answers
Wow then it's for me j/k

No i am sry no thing for me , and is it a kind of skining?????
Because draw a picture doesn belong here i think

Best answers
Lose the attitude Slim.. The dbz show age rating was only 8-13 when it first aired in the U.S. and there are 32-52 year olds that watch the show..I think the same could go for drawing books.. Now I don't know if you can draw the characters really well.. But I have nothing to lose from getting help books..Also this is the art forum selkerot that means all forms of artwork are allowed here, this is only information.. Couldn't hurt.. Oh and Wangster, I did try the online tutorials, it didn't give me the specifics, like how to draw squared off eye's like most of the main characters have. I found that I have more fun drawing the body then I do practicing my stick figure poses. I did gain a little knowledge from all the tutorials on there but I do think these books will still be useful. :rolleyes:

Now you've seen how I can draw.. You know I'm an okay drawer.. But as I said in my other post.. I want to get as much help as I can on drawing the characters of DBZ, that means I'd even buy help books for ages 7-13..Do to recent problems I haven't been able to draw any manga in general.. Thus proving my point once again, help in any form would be great at this time. :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those are children books but they are still very helpful so don't feel kiddo or something.But how about trying to draw from a pic of a character that's how I learned heh.^_^

Best answers
Very true vegetto, but it always felt as though I wasn't drawing for real when I would try to mimic another picture.

I do think that would work best however, if I weren't a perfectionist. *sigh* :scared:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no..... it was all useless........ i have 1 of those books, and it was an awful drawing guide, if u wanna learn how to draw DBZ the tuts at how to draw manga, they are much better, it teaches you how to draw with block skeletons which are a must for getting proportions right, and the guide on the face are enough for judgemental placement, plus when u know how to draw like that, you can draw any character by just havin a pic of them, and if u didnt realise not all eye's are the same in dbz, it comes down to looking at the ref pics not how sum1 shows u how to draw them, take this example, u wanna draw goku and gohan (both adult) with no hair, how do you distinguish them? well, gohan is a little younger so his eye's are wider open, his eyebrows are a lot like goku's but a bit longer in proportion to the width of the eye, he has a smaller pointy-er nose than goku and the mouth is always the same (only with men) but his jaw is much bigger than goku's, his jaw comes down to much more of a point.... catch my drift? i suggest to any1 who wants to be able to draw dbz or their own style, that it takes a LONG time to get good, almost 2 years for me drawing almost every opitunity i cud, you mustr practice a lot, and remember that every character's face is different, study pics from dbz and notice where the mucles are, what each chars eye's are like..... those books wont improve your knowlage of how to draw dbz, it'll show you how to draw a few poses, thats all, btw DBZ was ORIGINALY produced for 15-20 years olds in japan, but it has been incredibly dumbed down for the west.... look at the original manga's, some say "not suitable for under 15's"

EDIT: instead of buying these books i sugest you buy some of the original Akira Toriyama's Manga, DBZ number 9 would be the best for u to see the artwork, look at the way he draws, and try to draw a little more like him, because the drawings are much better as an example of illustration than the anime, because it has much more content in the picture, because 1 panel in a comic contains more than 1 frame in 5 mins of animation.... i might be babbling so i'll stop

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
david and nicho: verry nicely said...
just to add:

art and drawing have no age...

and erm, i do have 2 drawing books, learned some stuff, but not much..
by the books i learned to draw by face boxes, and by internet i learned to draw with skeletons...
skeletons is the best way dough...

Best answers
dragonball z is for the age for everyone my lil bro watches it and my parents dont care cause it doesnt have that much violence and dbz drawings is easy i learned it from this site www.howtodrawmanga.com it reallly helped me now iam an expert at drawings these pictures

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"dragonball z is for the age for everyone" sadly it isnt, thats what funimation would have you believe, because funimation is a kids animation company.... you dont realise how butchered DBZ is by funi, take 1 example, in the original jap ep, buu flys through a town after just absorbing vegetto, then destroys the town.... the funi edit.... buu feels hugry after absorbing vegetto, so he goes to a cake shop, and eats everything there..... then flys off and throws a few ki shots at the town and goes away........
Chi Chi is a japanese baby word for breasts.... and there is female and male nudity in DB, but only male nudity in DBZ, but of course this is all edited so we never see any of it.......... plus there are numerous decapitations in DBZ, and yet again edited, and u never see when freeza rips off nails arm, loadsa stuff is missing, plus the original scripts for dragonball Z contains moderate swearing.... dont you find it strange that when the characters are being battled to a pulp and going through hell and all they seem to say is "darn it"? come on, the original has much more feeling and much more realistic script, pick up an issue of Shonen Jump at a comic shop, and you'll know what i mean.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom