DBZ: by wich program

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I M intrested wich programs are used for making 2D cartoons like DBZ, Naruto, etc. Is it possible to do them in Maya, or 3ds Max?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There isn't a specific program, it's like puting first a series of papers with the background then adding the characters and interactive stuff on a new layer then adding voice then subbing/dubbing (if it's the case).
And that's about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o____O

It's called animation. Look it up.

You don't make CARTOONS with a 3D MODELLING PROGRAM.

You draw every frame of the cartoon, then have every frame play really fast in succession, giving the illusion of a moving image.

Don't tell me you don't know how cartoons are made?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know but I thought there is some more modern way to do them. It is inpossible that all DBZ was hand drawen. I M intrested wich program should I use 4 it

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Correct. Cartoons are all made by hand drawings and are lateron scaned into the PC and colored on the computer.

Some cartoons have some 3D efects made by 3D programs and others are made totaly with 3D programs (like FF7: Advent Children).

But mostly they are all still hand drawn.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Flash animations aren't cartoons. They're flash animations. That's why they're called flash animations, and not cartoons.
Yea but there still are people that are so good at making animations in flash that you can't even notice that it's a flash and you think it's a cartoon in my opinion.

Thus some people can be easaly fooled.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never saw one flash animation that was cartoon quality.

Best answers
It all depends on the cartoon. Last time on discovery they did a short 3D cartoon and was fully animated and everything was computer generated so it all depends on the style you are going for

Best answers
I always figured everything was hand drawn and then edited/coloured in photoshop or a program similar program. I haven't really bothered to read any of the posts due to it being very early in the morning, but you can't create cartoons with maya or 3dsmax.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't believe that this is the kind of thing that belongs in the Open Beta section.

Moved to Off-Topic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

You don't make CARTOONS with a 3D MODELLING PROGRAM.
o_o *psssst* not completly righ *psssst*

sure you can model those characters or concepts and animte them, though you need to know in what size to keep them and know wich frame of each animation you have to render....its alot of work though.

about cartoons... yes you can, lol just you need another programm to cut the images.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm just curious as to how the OP got the idea that you could make hand-drawn cartoons in 3d modeling software. That's like trying to toast bagels in a crock pot.

I never saw one flash animation that was cartoon quality.
I've seen cartoons that aren't even flash quality. I'd rate your average cartoon on par with a good flash animation quality wise, but entertainment wise the good flash would win every time.

Best answers
In average, how many papers (drawings) you need for 20-min cartoon?
After quick calculation 20 minutes=1200 seconds and then there are about 10 frames per second. so 12000 pictures is the absolute max. But usually the same frames are used multiple times.
For example, when a person talks only thing moving in the picture is the persons mouth, so you would need to draw the face only 1 time and just change the mouth few times and use those same frames again and again.
Then theres still pictures where nothing moves at all, like the face of a person who listens to someone talking. These last for a few seconds and only need 1 frame.
Then there is constant animation. For example somebody running fastly would only require around 10 or less frames and those would be recycled over and over again.

So my final estimate is that you would only need about 800-500 frames(or less) in one 20-min episode. But usually there are plenty of people to draw in a animation team, so one person only needs to draw about 30 pictures or so...

These are just my estimates, i dont have any experience in animating myself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom