What is the better game?

• ESF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DBZ: BT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be honest....if Budokai Tenkaichi was online.....I'd most likely leave ESF for it without a second thought.

Best answers
Holy **** that was a fast reply, it hasn't even been 5 seconds since the topic was started and I got one lol.

Best answers
I say ESF. Budokai Tenkaichi gets very repitative very fast.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is there any competition? Budokai Tenkaichi has the great graphics, but ESF has the great gameplay. ESF wins.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With a few improvements and the addition of online play, I'd probably play Tenkaichi over ESF. Mostly because of the expanded character list, improved graphics, music/sound quality, etc.

But since the melee in tenkaichi is rather shallow and all the characters are basically the same, as it stands I'd vote ESF.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't even played tenkaichi yet, so i'd have to say esf. I get a lot of good compeditive fights out there, and given the fact that I really didn't like the other budokai games and that I hardly play console games anymore, I'd have to say esf purely because I know I can always get a good fight.

Best answers
I say DBZBT, only because I cant get into playing ESF, but thats probably because I only play against bots because the updates are a pain in the ass for Dial-up users.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that if ESF adopted Tenkaichi's gameplay model, it would be a lot better. Tenkaichi alone isn't deep enough but if ESF adopted it's primary principles ESF would be a lot better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF. BT gets boring quick if you have nobody to fight against. The Z-Items aren't that great, and it takes ages to get enough to pump up all your characters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF has more variation but Tenkaichi has a much better control system. ESF's melee system is very basic whereas Tenkaichi's is deeper however Tenkiachi's melee gets annoying and repetitive after a while.

I'd probably say ESF overall because Tenkaichi annoys me in places. If ESF tightened up its controls it would be an easy win.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you please explain how Tenkaichi's melee system is deeper then ESF's? I thought it was just the opposite.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer ESF's, but ultimately it comes down to basic melee (swoop punch swoop punch) and advanced melee (arrows... -_-), teleport, throwing (*cough*) and blocking. It is my oppinion that although it lacks the depth of Tenkaichi, it is faster paced and more exciting.

Tenkaichi allows you to swoop, teleport, block, counter or use a close-range ki attack to shatter blocks. You can sidestep or backstep attacks too and charge your punches. It basically takes advanced melee and replaces the arrows with an actual combat system. You can still do the BT equivalent of basic melee with decent speeds and knockback.

Best answers
I would say Budokai Tenkaichi is just a little bit better than esf only because of the characters and being able to destroy the arena but in esf i can easily play around and not get attacked and dont main have to use beams to win

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never played BT. So I voted ESF. If ESF had more servers, and more players. It'd be a really kick ass mod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF over Tenkaichi. Maps in Tenkaichi were way too small, the control isn't nearly as fluid, and the fighting system is weak. I've played ESF for almost a year, and I still pick it up from time to time, where I stopped playing Tenkaichi after one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom