dbz budokai poll

Best answers
thnx for the help on my question about dbz budokai...since the opinions are so diffrent, i'd like to make a poll to see if you guys think its a good game....

in your opinion, include graphics, dbz style, fighting, and stuff like that...

🍂 Regular
Best answers
It's definetely not a buyer, I'd suggest renting it for a week...

Best answers
its nice :D but if you beat the game for about seven times, it gets kinda boring, and then another problem: i have no memory card :S :S :S :S :S :'(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, I had fun with it. If your a die-hard DBZ fan then it is a must buy. Just to play it because it is DBZ and to experience the story mode with all your favorite characters is what makes it good in my opinion.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you don't like DBZ, then it's probably a game you would rent and after playing it for a few minutes you would be like "Wtf is this?"
If you like DBZ though, it is definately worth a try. And if you have the money to spend, buy it. You shouldn't be dissapointed.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well..Budokai..

There are certain things which I do like about it, some I don't.

I like that they added so many of the characters, and made them somewhat customizable.

I don't like that almost all the characters are exactly the same except for 1 Cut-scene move, and that the customized characters are rendered obsolete by 'Breakthrough' capsules..

I don't like that they intentionally left out the Buu saga in the story, and Buu saga characters, so they could have material for a sequel to the game.

I also don't like that it's not truly 3-Dimensional fighting, and you can't even ascend into the air at will.

Overall, Budokai is worth buying if you have someone to play it with on a regular basis--if you're the only one that's going to play it, just rent it for about a week.

Best answers
I myself loved Budokai, it was one of my favorite fighting games, it may sound silly, but I just loved the tons of combos you cand pull off. Its amazing when you get to people to fight eachother that are both experianced in the game, VERY FUN.

Orz

Best answers
I found Budokai more fun than Virtua Fighter 4, that's for sure. It lacks substance and has plenty of flaws, but you can overlook those if you're a fan of the show. If you're not... well, it's still more entertaining than Virtua Fighter 4.

Of course, I have the PAL version - Japanese with English subtitles - and for some reason the story mode always makes me laugh. Especially all of Goku's lines and the one part where King Kai speaks in deep-throated serial-killer voice. Or the way I sometimes hear English words in the Japanese speech, like 18 saying "Feed a dolphin!" and Cell grunting "Who's the winner!?"

There are also some great translations too, like the Flying Nimbus being "Muscle Cloud", and Vegeta calling everybody "Aunt Sallies" or "meanies!" When Cell is defeated by Super Vegeta, he powers up and screams "Shucks!!", which is possibly the most entertaining subtitle I've ever seen.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The PAL version had Jap/with english subs? *SIGH* I wanted that so much more then the IDIOTIC English version with "DRAGON DRAGON, ROCK THE DRAGON--DRAGONBALLZ!"

The only Japanese part of DBZ they had in the English version of Budokai was during the credits, they played "Cha La, Head Cha La," as background music(without lyrics.)

You're right, Orz, Virtua Fighter4 sucked ass in comparison to Budokai. That's saying something.

P.S. The worst translation I've ever seen, is the people in Mexico thinking that "Kaio-sama" was actually his NAME. They didn't know -sama is a title, so they refer to him as Kaiosama in the Spanish dub.

DONDE ESTA EL POLLO DIABLO, KAIOSAMA!?

Best answers
Well I love fighting games and I love DBZ so naturally I liked the game. I thought the graphics were done very well. I thought the gameplay was great and it was just like the show which was a plus. However once you beat it, it kinda gets to were it's boring and you only play it when a freind comes over. Overall to me its pretty good but I wish it could last longer.

Best answers
It was definetly the best DB game that's for sure.
If your a DBZ it's a must buy. If your not don't get it the thing I didn't like was the story mode was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too short and they still missed some important stuff.
The reason why they didn't add buu/fusion/kid buu sagas is to make Budokai 2 so they can have more money.But I did saw some stuff that were from Buu/Fusion/Kid Buu saga like Hercules Present for You he used it against Fat Buu. Tien's second outfit
he uses it when he fights shortly against Gohan Buu.
The good thing about Budokai 2 will be 100ths of fusion characters I think thare will be Gogeta too
It's gonna rock
I would give it a rating of 8.4 for DBZ fans and 6.5 for non-DBZ gamers

Although Budokai was the real reason why I bought PS2

Orz

Best answers
Not quite, they took out Story Mode from Budokai 2 so the idea that they were saving the other Sagas to make more money doesn't really work now... but until they announced they were cutting Story Mode, I'd have thought the same thing.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, that was my opinion as of when I bought, and beat Budokai.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, no where near buying. Unless you're 7 years old, becuase it seemed like that's who it was made for. Story mode was an abomonation.

Best answers
Errrr virtua fighter 4...they so ruined it...I was so ace at VF2.

Where I live its hard to get a copy...stores are too dumb to get 2 copies of a game...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom