• Heck no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

• Uhhh what???????

• Total voters
Best answers
I've been playing DBZ Budokai 2 on Gamecube all weekend at a friend's place and for some reason, I just love it (allthough I'm not really into DBZ)..

Back at home I found an old PS2 (actually my brother's, but he never touches it anymore), so I was thinking about getting DBZ Budokai 2 on the PS2.. Now, after some searching, I found out there was a Budokai 3 as well, so I'm wondering what I should get.. What game is better?

GIEF ADVICE!!!

Sidenote: I'm also getting MK: Armageddon for leetness.

Best answers
Budokai 3.

Get it.

You'll never have any reason to play Budokai 2 ever again (apart from watching the intro :p)

Its got a much more fluid fighting system, more characters, more stages etc, Budokai 2 is slow and boring by comparison.

If you're a fan of the jp version, make sure you grab the "greatest hits" version since the standard version doesnt have another language track, some other extras are also included.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Budokai 3 is much, much better.

For one, there's a new system that allows you to dodge melee attacks while standing still. It takes a little bit of Ki, but it's incredibly useful.

You can also teleport-punch people around.

The special moves are much cooler, and especially the Ultimate moves that literally nuke half the planet.

The game suffers a bit because of the new Dragon Rush system, which kind of sucks, but if you look past that, it's awesome.

The auras look very nice, too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeh part 3 is better though its pretty much the same to budokai2.... i mean ._. everything is onlyfighting....

dont remmeber right though i believe the rpg system is still like monopoly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. The story mode isn't like the stupid board game in B2. You just progress through the story, mission by mission, like in B1.

And it's a FIGHTING GAME, what do you expect? :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Budokai 3 > Budokai 2.

'nuff said.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know why, but i liked Budokai 2 more than Budokai 3.

That board game style where you could choose chars you wanted to play thru the story mode. i kinda liked that.
And you can punch the enemy in certain maps into other areas in Budokai2 where you couldnt do in B3 i think.And that Flying annoyed me a little in b3 >_>
Just my opinion.
But i had more fun with B2.o_o

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont get Tenkaichi.
Go for what you like, if you liked Budokai 2 you're going to simply love Budokai 3. It's so much better in every way.

P.S.
Armageddon rocks too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. The story mode isn't like the stupid board game in B2. You just progress through the story, mission by mission, like in B1.

And it's a FIGHTING GAME, what do you expect? :p
some additional features like the rpg mod in Naruto :)

Best answers
Most of the time I hate any story mode in a fighting game.

The worst offenders would be Shin Budokai:Another Road and Narutimate Portable.

I hate all the crap they put you through to unlock characters these days.

as for Budokai 2, the board game was fine, unless you wanted to unlock all the characters (including the what-if fusion) you had to replay it 7 times or so.

Edit: Sparking Neo (Budokai Tenkaitch 2) is full of characters, large arenas, and one of the most tedious and pathetic fighting engines devised in recent history, get Budokai 3 first, then if you still crave dbz, go after Sparking Neo.

Best answers
Went to get Budokai 3 today (12 euro ftw, second hand but perfect condition).. Liking the combatsystem (teleports, beamstruggles etc), but I prefered the boardstyle gameplay for the SP part, you could do some nice stuff in there.. Now it's just fly around to red dot, beat the guy, move on to next red dot, all connected with stills from the show and a very weird storyline (fight buu as ssj3 goku, goku goes to kami, tells trunks and goten to fuse, goes back to earth and *bam* buu absorbed gotenks o_O).. Budokai 2 SP had more of a chess feeling, somewhat tactical etc..

But this isn't half bad anyway :) it's amusing, yet short (already beat the SP with goku after an hour or so

Best answers
Yeah story mode is short, but it makes it easy unlocking the other characters.

Best answers
i say dbz tenkaichi 2 the newest dbz budokai for ps2 out yet. i think its better then budokai 3 as i dont realy like budokai 3

Best answers
i think u shud get either boudokai 3 or tenkaichi. depends on wich fighting system u prefer boudokai 3 has the straight laced face to face style like boudokai 2 and tekken but tenkaichi 2 has huge maps and complete free movement with the option to going into the tekken style fighting.

put it this way b3 is mostly ground fighting and bt2 is mostly flying. both games have a fly around a map rpg style story mode (bt2s one is slightly better with more things to do)

i loved both games ur chice wich one 2 get

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never really cared for how they had the story mode set up in B2--but Budokai 3 had plenty of interesting story elements... and its gameplay was great. Check the reviews around the web... apparently it's the most successful Dragon Ball game for the consoles. I believe it came into the top 10 games of 2004, was it?

Best answers
The Budokai Tenkaichi series is simply the best at the moment.

The only people talking trash about it are the people who suck at it :p

Kama and I are looking for a local tournament of some sort, we rock that game.

Best answers
The Budokai Tenkaichi series is simply the best at the moment.

The only people talking trash about it are the people who suck at it :p

Kama and I are looking for a local tournament of some sort, we rock that game.
I personally talk trash about it because I'm not a fan of tedious and repetitive fighting engines.

Dash. Stun. Beam.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

I beat the game, unlocked all of the characters and I haven't played it since.

B3 actually requires a little bit of timing and precision, which makes it actually qualify as a fighting game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom