DBSource april 14th

Best answers
either way its goin to be a fun game to try out till 1.3 gets here :]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The power struggling looks pretty nice. I hope their aura isn't what they show in the vid though. I'm interested to see what their melee system is like and how they've handled transformations and individual attacks. If it comes out today, I'm definitely playing it tonight.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
ESF lost 80% of the community when they decided to release that downright screwed up version they call 1.2 and trash exactly everything that made the mod in the first place, now, i wouldn't want to upset all the 1.2 fanboys out there but uh.. the mod has passed it's days, and frankly i'm seriously suprised that the mod is still being worked on.

DB: S has already succeeded where esf failed, looks can be decieving girls.
Hate to give in to this guy and let him win...but dude.. I mean come on...look at DB: S again...it's for the source engine and they come up with...that?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hate to give in to this guy and let him win...but dude.. I mean come on...look at DB: S again...it's for the source engine and they come up with...that?
Not that I don't agree with you about the looks, but you have to consider that its really difficult to find artists with experience willing to put work into a Dragon Ball Z/anime project these days that are over the age of 15.

For there first try I think they did awesome. Hell, just managing a fairly functional release was a massive undertaking itself that a relative few can attest to having done. Another year or so and they'll definitely be putting out budokai level work ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, that's the one thing that comforts me when I play DB Source: This is as bad is it's ever going to get :)

Therefore...there's nowhere to go but up ^_^

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, that's the one thing that comforts me when I play DB Source: This is as bad is it's ever going to get :)

Therefore...there's nowhere to go but up ^_^
I thought the same about ESF. And then 1.2 happened. And then 1.3.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya its very sad when half life models are better then source models lol.
Its not really hard to find any modelers now a days take a look in the model section you will see a lot of talented modelers and skinners in there and I know plenty other ones on different boards other then ESF.

You get bad modelers then your going to get a bad look to your mod its just that simple. I like the looks of the games when playing them ya game play is another huge issue as well but if the game is not stylized and then have not so good game play well then that makes it a bad mod.

I gave it a try I disliked it both graphics and game play wise I wish them better luck on their next release hopefully their modelers, skinners and spriters and etc.. can do a better job because I'm pretty damn sure it can't get any worse.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To sum the lame people saying Dragonball Source is better then ESF:

Om MG Theh SOurce oF DragonBall IS so GOoD Om G Its liKe da beEST eVE3r its so mUIch Bet3er Then THEa ESF LAmElorz Game 4 EVOR cUz it Was Made by WEIENYS ANd Da bugs 4 EVER DoOD Liek Im A 12 YEaR Old NaMe Bob aNd I'M a SuPPortEr AND CUZ i SAliker waS WALKING LIKE OMG! I WAs WalkioNG In DA GAMe aSO REALKISTIC OMG asdasd I WNAT TO BaNG DB:SOIRUCE IN DA BUTT!! DA BUTT!!! shhhh i'm just a lame 12 year old whose a chronic masterbaiter.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well one thing is for sure, they might have a very good chance to get the "most hilarious mod of the year" award, if there is such an award :p

I'm seriously laughing my ass off here... that tien looks as if he had some serious mindscrew just now.

Best answers
From all the videos of it that I've watched on youtube. It certainly looks like it has the gameplay, but it's lacking in graphics. Cosmetics can always be improved on. I take it that they focused on getting a fully functional alpha that is enjoyable to play, rather than beefing it all up in one load. I tried playing the esf alpha, and it sure as hell didn't look as good as beta 1.1.

They're taking baby steps, but it's going somewhere. Considering it's the source engine, it actually has alot of potential. I'm sure someone out there will be attracted to joining their team and improve the aesthetics.

Best answers
im playin DBS right now. honestly its not half bad but its the first release so dont say it ****'s. was the ESF alpha good?

Best answers
i like the alpha so far,it's buggy but I play it real often and when you know the "secrets" and know how to do some moves it gets nice,but the lags and slowdowns suck real bad.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From all the videos of it that I've watched on youtube. It certainly looks like it has the gameplay, but it's lacking in graphics. Cosmetics can always be improved on. I take it that they focused on getting a fully functional alpha that is enjoyable to play, rather than beefing it all up in one load. I tried playing the esf alpha, and it sure as hell didn't look as good as beta 1.1.

They're taking baby steps, but it's going somewhere. Considering it's the source engine, it actually has alot of potential. I'm sure someone out there will be attracted to joining their team and improve the aesthetics.

No dude, it's not like ESF: they did NOT sacrifice graphics for gameplay (though don't get me wrong, the HL engine limits ESF's graphical capabilities as it is, and what ESF DOES have is pretty marvelous for it's engine's limitations. The gamplay only JUST exists in this stage. The motion and fighting is really buggy. I like their lock-on ability, and it's cool that their teleport can put you behind another player, but the lock-on should also allow you to swoop in the direction of your target, which would somehwat tighten up how the fighting works, because right now just hitting somebody is a pain.

Really though, it's not a bad alpha as far as alphas go, but I'm STILL really glad that DBZHOOD thought better of it's earlier plans of merging with DB:S. We're way better off. Plus our animators, mappers and modellors are kickass in comparison (I try not to compliment myself in that statement, as I AM a DBZHOOD team Animator).

Best answers
The thought of a 6 month old Dragon Ball Z mod being better than ESF is literally comic material. There is no way that it will have the depth that ESF has created in even a year from now.

Maybe 2-4 years from now it might be worth checking out.

Best answers
Like i said turn Cel Shading on and they look Positively better then that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom