DBS Nappa WIP

Best answers
The Leader of DBS wanted me to make a model to try to get in DBS and i asked if nappa was taken and he wasn't, so i started modeling this about 4 hours ago and managed to learn how to make the correctlips and animatable mouth here is my 1st update....

Best answers
looks pretty good so far,he looks like nappa.ara you gonna make the armor to?and when you start the ears,dont forget that nappa had really big ears.keep it going.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
De ref is not totally perfect, but I think it can be usefull.

Best answers
yea i notaced lol i am useing ref.s for nappa :p and there will be no armor on this 1 they said they have sayian armor made so i just goto make the bare body and panties :p

1926 Polys so far :p i think he looks great!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you may also want to include his collar bone =)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for 1962 polies, no he doesnt look great >_>,

you really havent modelled in any fine details to justify that polycount, at that stage of development with that amount of detail he should have around 800-900,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Modeling him with armor would've been more prefered for the fans, and would've been easier on the poly count. I agree with Nuttzy stating that the poly count for the given details were excessive. If you are new to modeling, and not yet got down poly control, it could be understandable. I noticed that you have about 6-8 layers in his pecs alone, when it couldve been the same from 4-6, if you know what you're doing. That's not a major flaw, but could help cut down the count a tad. Try to make his head more "rounder" from the side. It looks like it's a slope from the forehead to the cerebellum area (back part of the head). It should be fine after that, and it's looking good now. Just a few flaws here and there, keep it up.

Best answers
Not too positive, but he looks a bit big from the front

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
ray_1301 said:
agreeing with nuttzy on this one.
2nd that,

you could lower the poliecount.. it would end in 4000+ if you keep this up
those abs.. you can fix that with a good skin..

the front render.. it looks like the torso is to big even when you know nappa is big..

but other then that keep it up :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, Nappa was a massive guy anyways, so the torso is a bit accurate. Not good on porportions, but accurate in size. I forgot all about skinning untill ChesterHQ said something about it, yeah skinning can take the abs place and would drop your PC *poly count*. This doesn't mean to make him competly "flat" there, just not as defined. Look at all the Majin Vegeta's as a reference on how to do it. He's a perfect example since he has a flat definement, but the skin brings out his abs and pecks a lot. Hope this helps you.

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Ice Man said:
No, Nappa was a massive guy anyways, so the torso is a bit accurate. Not good on porportions, but accurate in size. I forgot all about skinning untill ChesterHQ said something about it, yeah skinning can take the abs place and would drop your PC *poly count*. This doesn't mean to make him competly "flat" there, just not as defined. Look at all the Majin Vegeta's as a reference on how to do it. He's a perfect example since he has a flat definement, but the skin brings out his abs and pecks a lot. Hope this helps you.
thats what i meant but i didn't know how to tell that in words :p thanks

Best answers
UPDATE: ok thx for all you C&C now can i get a drow over on this 1? i can't seem to get the porportians right....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can i just ask why your using a high specular material AND a skylight? it kind of defeats the point of using a skylight the way you are right now :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His head is too ovaly, like, it's not nappa-ish. Try to slim it some and make it a bit longer. Hey, just follow Devion's drawover post and it see how that turns out.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
also, pull the top of his head, basically anything above the eyebrows, backward. it looks like his scalp is loose and someone pulled it forward...

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, the head is to thick,

Best answers
ok i pulled all the skills out i could to make htis alot better the poly count is 2092 and the limit is 6k so i am doing very good a this point, there are about 10 wasted polies to fill in the pants to make them seem all there i am gona remove them and make legs later tonight, the head is fully animatable now and the tail is too, Drawovers and C&C are welcome at this point see ya later

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom