DBA_Other_World...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how did you do that, i alway's get the error max_map_models.
and it was an dungeon keeper level, say it NOW =p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Niobe, basically, you tied too many things to entities. Cut down on that number, and it will compile fine.

As for the actual map, you could have added a lot more detail, in my opinion. It really isn't a good idea to have a load of your map destructable because it causes a bit of problems from too many gibs at once to high WPoly - both cause low fps. I remember when I made a signature a long time ago, a lot of it was fancy animations. Prowler, god of all that is 2D and 3D, said that it should be the art that makes the signature, not the animation. For you, it should be the detail and creativeness of what you did that makes the map, not the breakables.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
diesel_power said:
Hey Niobe, maybe you can do something with this link for creating maps.

Creating Worlds

It helped me a lot. It gives you hints about mapping and how to make it a USEFULL map. :)
thnx, you own me one.
wanna have an map, just say it when you want.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
thnx, you own me one.
wanna have an map, just say it when you want.
That's "I owe YOU one"

Best answers
Sorry I was gone for a while. Internet Probs :]

guncon123 said:
ahm i give ur map a 7 / 10 a lil laggy but ill get use to it
Any ways I can improve it?
Anyone wanna help me with new textures? Cause I am not that great of a texture artist (as you can see).
It would greatly improve my map.
Also, Any additions you guys would like????

Support and comments are appreciated.

Thanks.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if you need more or better textures, use Google ( www.google.com ). You should edit the textures using Photoshop, and trust me, it is a lot easier than it sounds. Just put some of the textures together and blend them. You can use Wally Texture Editor to convert them (Google it).

The images for your map are gone, so I do not remember what it looked like. If you need help with your brushwork, SnarkPit ( www.snarkpit.com ) is a great place to learn. They have many tutorials from beginners to advanced. Their forums section is an absolutly great place to get help when you're stuck. Here are some other tutorial sites: http://www.slackiller.com/tommy14/errors.htm (link at the top links you to so many usefull sites) and http://cariad.co.za/twhl/index.php?start=0 (great list of tutorials with lots of mappers for help).

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom