DBA_Other_World...

Best answers
Oh yeah, this map is one of my beauties and will be released shortly after i figure out my teleporter's entity configuration.

Critics?

This will be redone for DBA once we get in game shortly.
But an esf version will be produced soon.
Don't worry not like my other map, babadis ship. Which is errornous and probably not able to be released...

http://dbadventures.net/maps/mysticssjgoku4/other-world/

Let me point out that EVERYTHING IS DESTRUCTABLE. Which means grass can be damaged till its mud, house can be completely obliverated. and all that will be left is a few patches of dirt. :)

heh and there is a secret.

Best answers
i think it prob needs some trees
didn't that place have some?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not bad, but it looks a little bland to me.
I'd change the skybox and the grass texture (you can see where it repeats, so it doesn't look very natural), and try to find some more detailed textures for the inside of the building.
Every single brush is a func_breakable? That's going to be... interesting.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Asside from everything that's been said, how's the r_speeds?

-Karrde-

Best answers
You tell me.

That is when im looking at the building which is tons of func_breakables.

I played with a few bots and a couple of beta tester for dba, and it seemed to be really stable.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The wpoly is more than twice what a good count is... it's not good practice to exceed 1000 wpoly.
But, meh, you're making it for a HL2 mod, right? Still wouldn't be a bad idea to tweak it up a little bit, see if you could reduce the wpoly.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yay, back from 12 days in Italy - I love English...

Anyway, the map is opened out to the sky, which is bad in this type of map - make that most types of maps. It looks like a ripoff of CS_Estate. The front yard is pretty damn plain. There are things called trees, you know. They litter the Tuscany coast along with the beautiful mountains... Right, you can add some dips, rocks, and other types of cover to make the map more interesting. For example, instead of having one plane of play which has been done billions of times, try having multiple. Have the building on a mountain that you have to walk up the winding roads. If do you make it on raised elevation, you might want to keep tabs on those WPoly and raise the bordor of the skybox. Yeah, and you notice you are using the default skybox, right?

After skimming through, you might want to remove some of those breakables, buddy. That WPoly will burn out most computers if you have a decent landscape. Trust me when I say that a beautiful surrounding is ten fold better than any amount of breakables you can add, regardless of FPS. (*Cough* 2100 WPoly, that's insanely high. There is a reason you are getting crappy, jumpy FPS. Most ESF'ers will just crash apon loading. I mean, honestly, some people couldn't run my SnS_NorthHighway, and its average was about 1000-1200 WPoly. Might want to check out the stickies at the top of the mapping section that explain a little about WPoly and terrain.)

Best answers
i was trying not to use anything from esf.
dba current doesnt have any skinners... so i could use esfs stuff now i guess.
but it will be changed once SDK for hl2 is released.

BTW, if it dont run on their computer.... oh well not my problem.

Framerate is only low because i was looking at the big entity of a house. destroy the house and it will be fine.

sorry for my rudeness just im over worked trying to get this sphere teleport thing to work... esf removed some flags in the fgd that was DUMB.... wtf.

man...

Ill try to see what i can do, but i like the idea that you can demolish the entire house and fly through the windows and stuff.

----
BTW you guys are completely wrong about the wpoly in this map.

i had people on my map with not so great computers and it ran fine.
i got owned in 1.2 for a few hours till i quit.
----
The land was flat from the pictures i seen, so less wor for me.
----
Err ill add trees and bushes.
----
The secret room in this map is awesome just wait and see

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mysticssjgoku4 said:
BTW, if it dont run on their computer.... oh well not my problem.
If it doesn't run because the rendering speeds are too much for a map that isn't even that detailed, it is your problem.
That's no attitude to have.

Best answers
DragonDude said:
If it doesn't run because the rendering speeds are too much for a map that isn't even that detailed, it is your problem.
lol man... you need to read without poping your mouth off. see?....

i apologized later in my post, dont go argueing with me.
---
esf took alot of things out on the entities that i need to finish something,.,..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wasn't arguing with you, I was telling you something you should know.
When you make a map, it's your responsibility to make it as efficient as possible. You can definately make that lower than 2000 wpoly.
We're not here for you to vent your anger about ESF removing flags from entities, we're trying to help you make the map better. That's what you posted this here for, isn't it?

Best answers
DragonDude said:
yes but then how does this help me? if i then apologized and stating that i knew i was wrong for my previous actions there-fore withdrawing my previous statement.... hmm think about that.

I wasnt venting my anger about them removing flags i was venting my anger AGAIN IF YOU READ because ive been so damn busy.

Read, Understand, Think.... 3 concepts of posting.

Anyway, i think i found a way to finish one of the goodies if i can get the entities to function and link together in a properly fashion.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, you guys, break it up. There's no point in arguing over this further. As far as this goes, the arguement stops at this post. However someone chooses to map is their business. If you don't agree with each other, fine. You don't have to, but you don't need to drag it out. On with the thread. The next person to continue this debate will have the thread closed, so don't bother trying to tell me who started what - it's over ;)

Best answers
alright man sorry, i will post an update in a little bit after i make some changes and compile it.

The thing is, doesnt the compile time have to be high for the wpoly to be that high because it only takes 4min to compile my map...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isnt there clouds surrounding the edges. (where upon there should be a kill script, cause it leads to hell)

Also trees would be verry nice.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm no mapper, but are you compiling using rad and vis options? If you want a good compile, you'd better be.

-Karrde-

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let me point out that EVERYTHING IS DESTRUCTABLE. Which means grass can be damaged till its mud, house can be completely obliverated. and all that will be left is a few patches of dirt.
Ooooh, me likes that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom