DB/Z: Filler

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, a game based around anime, and only six pages in the section...

Anyway,

I'm on a mission to find out what parts of the DB/Z series' are filler, and what's the smooth and creamy 'real thing'.

Obvious filler that doesn't require discussion: All movies (not necessarily TV Specials), DBGT, DBAF, Doujinshi.

Basically filler is things that happen in the anime that were never shown in the manga. They're usually not related to the plot or current story arc, and are almost always inconsistent. Filler is not canon.

I found one filler guide and it was hopeless, so i'm going to attempt to make one here.

-Nappa and Vegeta's adventure on (and destruction of) Arlia.

-Gohan going Oozaru (again) after his tail magically reappears and he sees the hologram from Goku's old Saiyan Spacepod.

-Piccolo destroying Goku's Saiyan Spacepod with a SBC.

-Piccolo destroying the moon.

-Recoome, Guldo, Jeice and Burter vs. Yamcha, Tien and Chiaotzu on King Kai's Planet.

-Entire Garlic Jr. Saga

-Pikkon going to HFIL/HELL and beating Frieza and Cell with almost no effort.

-------------------------------------------------

Add more, manga fans!

Best answers
don't forget about when Krillin, Bulma, and Gohan landed on that fake Namek before they got to the real one. I'm pretty sure that was filler.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heheh, there's so many of them... it'd take me forever to write them =P

pikkon never existed
Cell never used frieza disk or split form
the entire fight between super buu and normal vegeto, vegetto went ssj straight away
super buu never went on cake eating spree's
Maron or whatever she was called.
going on that ghey look for the dragonballs when vegeta blows up world tourney
90% of the stuff that happens with mr satan in the entire of dbz.

There are many parts that were added in nearly every episode which were there just to eat up time... i cant recall many others, but i remember at least one scene every episode, even some entire episodes. Some episodes with consistant storyline obviously had no fillers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa. Some of that was just ":O" worthy material. Thank you sir.

pikkon never existed
:O

I should really buy the manga, and/or the scanslated versions.

If the Dragonballs weren't found after Majin Vegeta blows up the stadium, surely they couldn't have wished anyone back either? How did that work out?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they went and looked for them, but it was never shown, it wasnt some big trip that they all took while goku and vegeta fought, it was just later on they had the dragonballs =\.

jus remembered a few more:

You only ever see gotenks fight in the time chamber and after

when vegeta came back from the dead to fight buu, Goku and vegeta didnt take on buu before they fused to become veggetto

The whole crap about exploring buu's insides never happened, they went straight to the place where everybody were all trapped inside of buu. None of them fought buu in there either

there's loads, there's more episodes than there are manga, and each manga is 14 pages (i think) therefore, i think you can do the math with how much was added to the show.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
-Piccolo destroying the moon.
Piccolo did destroy the moon in volume 2 of DBZ/ volume of 18 DB (same volume) to stop gohan going Oozaru the first time.

all the hotel parts of the Tenichi budokai (the tournament happend in 1 day in the manga)

the whole of Goku trainning around the world and meeting Tenshinhan for 3 years before the 22nd Budokai.

gokus trainning at Kami's.

ten,krillin,yamcha,chazu(sp) trip in the time and space room when they fought 2 weak saiyans.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nabeshin said:
the whole of Goku trainning around the world and meeting Tenshinhan for 3 years before the 22nd Budokai.
I'd have never guessed that one.

In the Goku and Piccolo vs. Raditz fight, Goku steers his Kamehameha all over the place like in ESF by moving the end of the beam with his hands (he ends up hugging it). I think this is the only time ever that this happens, is that filler?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom