Day of Defeat

Best answers
Anyone ever play the HL mod Day of Defeat before? I think its one of the greatest mods out there right now for HL, let me know what you guys think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like it but since i'm usually on lan and it lags even then i tend to not play it cause it takes about 10 minutes for the people playing to find eachother when theres only 4

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've played it, and I liked it a bit, but I get kinda of bored of it fast... probably because I get shot every 5 seconds :]

Its is a well developed game, and if you like that kind of era of realism and historic war, its a great one to have. But if you've never played it before, prepare to be owned :(

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played it for a while too. And it was really fun, but my computer really sucks, and I can only get about 30 fps. So I died ALOT. But a great mod...if your computer isn't garbage.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My friends and I still play it a lot. I like it way more the that crappy cs because in DOD guns can actually kill you, also if you die you dont have to wait for the last to campers to get some balls and try and find each other.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heheh, I used to be pretty good at DOD. Deadly with the M1 Garrand and Karabiner 43. Mmmmmm, 1 shot kills :)

-Karrde-

Best answers
I really liked dod 2.0 i played it from the early betas. 2.0 was awsome for me but the lag issues got anoying sometimes. Still was great though. 2.1 really pissed me off cause i couldnt kill much with pretty much all the weapons. And the machine guns over heated too fast too. like 6 shots and it would stop shooting.

I had high hopes for 3.0 but it wasnt as great as i thought it would be. It was a really really good mod but cheaters made it *** and in the new mode in 3.0 campers made it real ***. Also something that took my liking of DOD away was Battlefield 1942. Now it supports mods and some mods are really cool. even in the alpha form. Well battlefield is cool even in the normal game. so much fun online and the maps are really huge. that game beats dod big time. but dod has to work with the limits of HL. To me the best DOD was DOD 2.0. I liked dod but now i dont.

Best answers
Most of the reasons why I love this game Hsu already explained, It is so far beyond that of CS in many ways. First off there is a prone and run button which is awesome. Levels such as avalanche, anzio, and caen2 I can play over and over for hours and they never get old. There is no respawn wait like in CS, there are tons of dark corners to hide in and wait for people who like to camp.

The weapons are awesome and there are a large number of them to choose from. Just last night I was playing it over a LAN with some friends and I was playing as an American sniper in the beginning. Now a sniper comes with a rifle, pistol, and a knife. So as a challenge I stopped using the rifle unless i needed a long range shot, and switched to using the pistol and knife. Oh words cannot describe the sheer joy of jumping out of a 3rd story window onto the enemy and gutting him where he stands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom