Davidski's doodles >;o~

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmmm well im really rusty atm, havent really drawn much the past year or so (not as much as i'd like), ive been sketching a few things though recently, i dont like em that much, my sense of anatomy and proportion is screwed, plus i need to work on my perspective. Scince im starting college next week i need to get back into my drawing, i asume going to college im gonna start doodling in class again so i'll post any i think are alright and worth some critique, anyhow i'll start with two that i did yesterday:

omgz my ****ty style of goku :eek: usually i use akira toriyama's style but its too boring and easy, plus i gotta develope my own style so here he is =/ (oh and u can probably make out the sketch of some random guys face at the top, i cudnt rub him out totally =P but i hope it hasnt ruined the piccy)

and here's TIMMEH! heh, well i like him still... looks a little more serious than usual and his nose is fatter =/ but personally i think the scanner is at fault for that cuz it looks much thinner on paper... oh well =P everything looks better on paper, somethings wrong with his arm/leg, i think the hand may be too big and maybe the arm/leg is too long, dont like drawing feet so im scared incase they're wrong =/ god knows anyway, i digress:

more to come hopefully....

Btw, the art section really cud use some more activity, what happened to the artistic side of people here? cummon people, sort it out.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the Goku, and the other image is just as good, the only problem I have is the top blade.

As for my artwork... if I had a working scanner, I'd post some of my recent sketches. :]

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:eek: damnit, buy a scanner or something, i feel like dusting cobwebs in the art section :'(

I never knew u drew synth, it'd be interesting to see your work ^_^

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OoOo thats new, refreshing and ****ing awesome!!!
=D dont worry about the random guy face, i havent even noticed untill i saw the whole post ;P
and i love the other drawing too!
face look really good and have great expression!!

always enjoying looking at your work David ^_^

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They look awesome!

Especially the goku, like that one allot.

Meh, my artwork?? ehh I got a scanner and some sketches... but I really suck and I only draw mechs ;_;

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Btw, the art section really cud use some more activity, what happened to the artistic side of people here? cummon people, sort it out.
Hehe i totally agree. But i'm guilty aswell...
Maybe we should hold some sort of competition that induces a lot of mindless doodling. I would be up for it :D

And that goku looks great David. I know it's really hard to get a dbz character looking good in another style. Especially for the face.
One thing i see wrong with the pic isn't really drawing wise but he looks like his in pain while he should be powering up right. I would have made him tilt his head backwards and make em shout or something. B

Oh and that knife tim holds in his left hand seems really really thick to me. It looks like it's made out of wood.

But i totally love them, it's nice to see some quality drawings again.
Keep going man. Oh and btw what studies are you going to be taken?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The goku looks pretty nice but has a couple of anatomy perspective...weird stuff...(>.<) I mean, in the perspective you drawed him, it looks kinda like his left leg (for goku left, so the right one on the drawing) is longer, also the arms look a bit weird (muscles).

Same leg problem with the other drawing. But they both look great as you hardly notice the leg problems unless you really look at the legs.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pretty nice?

that guy will turn pro in no time guys :O

keep 'em comin' David ^^

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
I never knew u drew synth, it'd be interesting to see your work ^_^

This is the only one I have saved and access to... not that good imo, but shows some promise.

I've posted it here before.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wewt very nice daviiii xD

the goku is very lovly... the other one too.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the second one better. God I wish I could draw like that. I'd post my work. But I don't have a scanner. If I ever get one. I'll be sure to post.

::EDIT::

Dave, were you always that good at drawing? Or did you have to practice a lot? For me, it's taken me years to get where I am. And for my little sister (who is 11) can draw better then me :( She is like gifted or something. Also, might I ask, what you use to draw, like refs. anatomy books, etc.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Synth: ahhhhh i remember now >_< i have a bad memory =\ really bad, but i remember that thread, and its true u show promise =P just need the practice

@ Supa Vegetto: Spankeh ^_^ i enjoy ur work too D:

@ JP: Mechs arent all that bad :eek: imo they're hard as hell to draw but ive done a few here and there, here's one i did a while ago, its some sort of ninja mech ;o but erm... a bit sketchy (lack of detail and line quality are things i need to work on)

@Real Legend: I agree, some sort of doodle competition, or game rather (competitions are so... competative :p) wud be cool to see here, if u get any idea's lemme know =] Anyway, when i started drawing goku, i was only going to draw the face and hair at first, but i kinda liked the look at it from the start and drew the body in, if i'd thought it out, it wudda been better to have his head tilted back screaming, but i didnt think of it at the time, anyway, i dont think he looks like he's in pain, just constipated. Oh, and im taking a course in Graphic design, covers all things from drawing to Typography, i started taking it last year... but dropped out :( but ive enrolled again and everything's cool =].

@ Sicron: im pretty sure goku has the right anatomy, i used my burne hogarth book as reference while drawing, but i didnt really detail the forearms that well, but i know where you're comming from with the perspective, i dont think its the perspective's fault in the goku picture though, i think its more to do with the bad posistioning of the leg on the right, i think it ought to be rotated inwards more, the length is almost right, its just it doesnt have the correct position in the perspective to line up with everything else. The Timmy picture... i dunno im pleased with the perspective, but i think its more to do with proportions the issues in the pic.

Dendza: Comming from you, that's a huge compliment <3

TryForce: "the other pic too" D:< how dare you, :( my beloved timmeh!

Fire Pheonix: I never really got into drawing properly untill about... 2000- 2001? but i'd always drawn loads scince i was a little kid, i started off with dinosaurs, then Teenage mutant ninja turtles :eek: by the time i was 5 i drew whatever =P. But anyway, i drew alot before i started getting seriously into it, i used to practice everyday (mostly schools fault cuz i doodled in class all the time) but yeah, there's a lot of effort you have to go through to learn, things like anatomy i know the basic jist of, but i keep a copy of burne hogarths dynamic anatomy by my side so whenever im in trouble i can look, things like how the forearm muscles twist in different positions are really really hard to remember i hate forearms for that reason alone >_<. Things like perspective i learned through many things, especially andrew loomis books (www.saveloomis.org) Point being there's a lot of learning in drawing, its not completely all just practice, but practice is a key part of getting better. I'd like to see what you and ur sister draws sometime :]

Anyhow, i'll update when i do something new =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<_<.... zomg i had it in my brain/mind... timmy lol sorry buddy ;-Q

the mech... look awesome... mind modeling it? or let somebody modeling it? :p

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ JP: Mechs arent all that bad :eek: imo they're hard as hell to draw but ive done a few here and there, here's one i did a while ago, its some sort of ninja mech ;o but erm... a bit sketchy (lack of detail and line quality are things i need to work on)
That mech Ninja looks good!

The feet look... interesting, big toes! :eek:

I really like it, makes me wanna draw a mech again =)

I post one when I make one again, I luckily do have a scanner.

And Synth, nice Vegeta, you should try to colour it. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks great man ^^
if your bored why dont you think of some char concepts and draw them and maybe model them . that´ll keep you busy some time^^

Best answers
ausom man, would be intresting to see more of the dbz cast in your style.

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
@Real Legend: I agree, some sort of doodle competition, or game rather (competitions are so... competative :p) wud be cool to see here, if u get any idea's lemme know =]
hmm yeah well i'm not very good at that part. I don't know maybe we all like try to draw realistic dbz characters or ehm ... since a ninja mech isn't that common and cool to see for a change, why not like take random objects you see and make them into mechs. Anyone up for a cola-can-mech or a pc on the loose with his awesome ejecting leathal cd's function.....

Really i don't know :] Help me out here.

Best answers
HEY DAVID.. did i tell you I LOVEEEE the goku drawing? lol anyways keep it up okay??

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thankies :O muchio appreciated

Stuff from bordem which i can actually be arsed to scan =/ :

and a 20 min speedpaint, photoshop:

enjoy/critique

Best answers
I love that last painting you did.It looks like a real photo with a filter on.And are those first 2 drawings meant to be for a story,like a boy lost in a broken city,losing al hope?Also,i like how you gave human anatomy to a robot,if that was not your point,it looks that way.Maybe i should post something here to,but al i can draw is some dbz characters :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom