Darksun Aura & kienzen Release

Best answers
nice it looks cool (havent downloaded it yet so i havent seen it at its best) downloading know

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
YAY , this thread isnt dead yet , im here on time!!!
(still one day till fatal dying of thread!)
I want to know hows the animated aura looks like!
due to bandwidth limitation I cannot see that in your post!

so can some1 PM me with it or can some1 host it for me to see it?
(and you better make it a link cause each view costs bandwidth and viewing occurs much more then DLing!)

PLEASE SOME1?? I WANT THE ANIMATED AURA!!!

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sam miller, you just proved urself more foolish

only MODS and ADMINS can close this.

seems like u have a problem understanding this since uve been giving "warnings" and "closeds" all over the forums, its sad, and annoying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rofl first i lookd at your amount of post the ur reply i laft so hard i wanted to die :fight:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
lol
after I did some SPR to this thread
lets not making it closed really by offtopicposting it
lol
backontopic - about the animated Aura - I dont care how suck any1 think it is!
I want to see it , if possible then please tell me howto!
(I wast passing the rulez! this thread wasnt closed! I still had one day and I used it well!!!)

Bolteh2

B
sam miller, nother warning for you for acting like a mod.. STOP IT

Best answers
I haven't been working on the Auras for a while since I've been doing my Ulocked Potential Kuririn.

Best answers
send this to ten pp. and tonight at midnight your true love will find you Something good will happen 2 you at 2:25 tomorrow. Get ready for the biggest shock of your life. Whoever breaks this chain letter will be cursed with 10 relationship problems for the next ten years. Tomorrow is National Kiss Day. If you send 15ppl

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so when the Unlocked Potential Kuririn is done
u will continue your work with the aura???

Best answers
demisyker gets a warning :warning: for going completely off topic :\

Best answers
Also you stole someones avatar o_o. Darksun, have you ever thought of being on the ESF team? Because you can make elite Krillins >_<

Best answers
nah, I don't really wanna be on a team. I did offer my Aura and other things to the ESF team to use as the defaults, but they never responded..

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you never know they could be thinking about it,

anyway didnt you want this thread cloased?

Best answers
Animating the Aura

There is a way to animate the aura without having 84 (eep!) joints Darksun.

Divide the aura into 'disc' segments that will rotate upwards, or downwards when flying etc.

I realise that by grouping the aura together in 'discs' the radii of the aura cannot be changed, so therefore you make about 12 individual segments, about 6 designed to be 'small' segments, and about 6 for the larger (mid-section) segment.

By manipulating the overall motion of the model it can be made to look like one continuous aura, when its really just lots of identical pieces moving only slightly.

I made an 'electric' aura a while ago, and had the idea about doing this, but i've since had the chore of finishing school.

As of tomorrow 12 noon I will be finished schooling forever, and will make my return to the esf forums :)

Anyway, If you dont understand what I mean, i'll create a mock up this week and send it to you. Its easy!

Best answers
I do have may aura split into segments, and it did only animate a very little bit (then it was just cycled) But I would need to have each one be a specific size. and the radius would have to change to look good. I didn't want to just slap something together just so it moved. I wanted it to look right.
and 84 wans't even as good as it could have been. I could have had more detail. At an rate, if you want it to flow up and around you need lots of joints so each of the aura spikes cures the right way.

Best answers
I get what you mean, but any animation is better than no animation :p

Anywayz, I'll create a mock up and get a friend to host it. Keep your eyes on this post.

I dont know if anybody out there does physics, but think De Broglie standing wavelengths, thats what the Aura can be made from.

P.S it should really just be a 'sprite' effect like the powerup, but i dont have a clue as to how to create or change that.

*Edit*

hee-hee darksun your site is cool! lots of little anime games an stuff! I'm getting into a similiar work area next year at college (3d animation), ill post a copy of my portfolio in a couple of weeks.

I was interested in creating games and stuff but most of my friends who know c++ are globetrotting atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom