Dark Souls PC a very real possibility, says Namco

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/06/the-quest-for-dark-souls-on-pc/

UPDATE: Namco have said that this is nothing more than a “rumor” stemming from the link (obviously) and offer no comment on whether they are likely to produce a PC version of the game.

Update 2: Here’s a petition to sign for Dark Souls PC, if you like signing petitions. Over 40,000 signatures so far. Let’s hope it makes the right executives pay attention.

Quite a few people have sent me this link to a forum post in which a Namco employee suggests that has to be “demand” for a PC version of acclaimed console RPG Dark Souls, if it is to show up on the one true format. It seems to me that Namco decided there wasn’t demand, of course, because the game has so far only turned up on the TV boxes. That strikes me as a little strange, especially when you consider that historically-speaking PC gamers are VERY interested in making armoured men hit fantasy enemies with swords and sharp sticks. Underpin that with unforgiving RPG mechanics and that DOES sound like our kind of game. But I suppose there are only thirty million or so Steam accounts, and hundreds of millions of better-than-360-spec PCs worldwide… What possible market could there be for such a game on the age old Windows machine? Eh? Oh, and Namco, while you are converting Dark Souls to PC you might as well do Enslaved too? I mean it can’t possibly hurt. Thanksmuch!

[I've contacted Namco for an official statement on the Dark Souls PC situation. Hands up if you want a PC version!]
Be nice if something came from this. Doubtful, but nice to see 60FPS / 1080p.

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've only played Demon Souls, and for the first 5 hours, I was pretty iffy on it, didn't really like it, didn't hate it, but now on my 10th hour, really loving it. It's a game that rewards you for learning...very rare these days.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
62000 and counting!

GO PEOPLE GO!

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332166/namco-responds-to-dark-souls-pc-petition/

A Namco Bandai forum administrator had this to say about the petition, which has received almost 66,000 signatures in a week:

"I honestly wasn't expecting such a massive support. My boss(es) even came to talk to me about this, after it explodes all around the world. If you wanted to have the attention of Namco Bandai Games, now you have it.

"The future is in your hands, and I hope you will keep supporting this. I make a personal objective to make sure every relevant people in Namco Bandai Games is in touch with this formidable effort."

The petition itself suggests: "A port of this game has a high chance of being extremely successful for From Software and Namco Bandai. Given the sales of games such as The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and The Witcher, there is a large market for games like this. PC gamers love unforgiving, hardcore games.

"A port may also mean that the area's in the game, such as Blighttown, won't suffer from slowdown. An online oriented video game is also perfect for the capabilities of a PC. Steam would also be suitable venue provided the game is sold at a reasonable price for a late port. Steamworks could provide a strong and easy to use online infrastructure."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom