Dark messiah got a demo!

Best answers
The demo of this wonderful game was released today, i waited in anticipation for it as well, i was disappointed to find out however that the demo was the same thing we saw at E3 minus the cyclops and alot of the abilities, which im not sure why they would do that but it is still very very enjoyable.

The first thing you notice the graphics are gorgeous nothing more to say on them really, if you have a card or a comp setup to run this game with anti x6 and a high reso do it, it is highly worth it. I ran in 1280 with anti x6,the game is gorgeous and the ai is great. Got to close to a orc he picked me up and tossed me almost over the edge of the ledge, i didn't like how he roared after wards tho, he should of came over and impaled me like i would of him.

I retaliated with a box to the head, who needs a sword when you can throw boxes?

This is a intro to piece to the game, a guy is holding a dragon crystal and it glows blue,as he tosses it into a abyss along with some of his blood, the ground collapses, and a flaming succubus flies, out and goes through him, soon after some crazy devil looking guy pops up as a giant, then goes down to his size.

This is one of those lovely graphic images i am speaking about, the images saved in 1028 but i was running in 1280 -_-, stupid saving process.

A very poor shot of me impaling a undead creature, while i love the killing animations, the imapaling gets old seeing as it is the only way to kill a downed creature, besides continuing to slash him, or kicking him like a soccer ball into spikes, fire, pits, under neath something you can squash him with etc.

This however is a much better shot of imapling as it is done to a human knight, who was really getting on my nerves, the one thing that really bothered me however was this didn't kill him, nor did hitting him in the head with a barrel or slashing him a few times, i had to impale him on some spikes to finally shut him up.

This shot was taken for 1 purpose only, to prove NPC's can kick as well, if you don't think npc's can do everything you can do, you are sadly mistaken, you can pick up their weapons and shields and use them against them, however they can do the same to you, if you drop it.
When i tossed a barrel at a orc, he sidestepped it, and while i was recovering he picked me up by my throat and tossed me through multiple crates+a board crashing a balcony over me but it missed cause i was still flying, as i landed i looked at the orc and he nailed me in the head with a barrel, i was like wtf?

Anyways, tell me what you think of the pics and i will post more later, i know you guys wanna see the magery in action, but with only 5 magic potions doing magery is tough -_-, mana regen can't be gotten in demo *sigh* few more weeks to its release.

Failed attempt at fire trap, what it does is it creates a glyph on the ground, and anything that passes in or near the ring triggers a explosion, i sadly was standing to close and well i went flying, this is me leaving the saftey of the balcony and falling into the abyss -_-.

Best answers
I wish I could play it.
Downloaded it from Fileplanet twice.
Everytime I run it "Send error report" comes up.
This blows.

Best answers
Looks like ES4:Oblivion beats it in everything expect AI. And of course you can throw boxes in this one? Well, not that i could know if its good or not without actually playing it.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just got done playing the demo. I think I have a new favorite game.

Best answers
Jariroth said:
Looks like ES4:Oblivion beats it in everything expect AI. And of course you can throw boxes in this one? Well, not that i could know if its good or not without actually playing it.
Not really, seeing as these are two totally different games, I don't know why people keep comparing them to each other. The only thing they got in common is that they both tacke place in fantasy world and you can play the in first person view.
Oblivion is a Western Free-Roaming RPG
Dark Messiah is a First Person Action/Adventure Game

While Oblivion focuses on the world, skill points and quests etc.
Dark Messiah focuses on Combat, the action, the physics.

Play them both and you'll see.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<blink>o/</blink>

I'm getting it. As in legally buying it.

EDIT: Best 30 minutes of my life ever.

Best answers
Got some shots of using the daggers.

Adrenaline move backup+charge = decapitation.

What it looks like moments before you are tossed across the room by a orc.

Adrenaline move Stand and charge, toss a dagger.

Couldn't edit post because of image count =P.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
unless it has a good 3rd person mode, i wont be playing.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Over a Gig!? holy cow.. :p still downloading the demo tho ^^

Best answers
the game is pretty fun,too bad my comp is so damn slow...
i really like the experience system.
and the fact that you can see your actual body if oyu look down, makes it alot more realistic.
thumb up :yes:

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate to say it but... the game rocks, but it also sucks bad.

Because the game play is really great, but the performance is just increddibly bad, if I look one way, the game runs smooth and great, like any game, yet when I look into a certain direction (the one I have to go to), the game starts to stutter and framerate goes down to 1.

Its just disapionting that a game, with the source engine (which is relativly light), is having such a bad performance issue, even on lowest settings.

Best answers
Err i don't have this problem, try turning ur reso/graphics down, if you can't enjoy the game for its graphics enjoy it for its physics and gameplay.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love it, but I keep getting a BSOD right after the Cyclops cutscene.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mogwai said:
Err i don't have this problem, try turning ur reso/graphics down, if you can't enjoy the game for its graphics enjoy it for its physics and gameplay.
>_< well the reso can't get any lower then 1024*768 , and I enjoy it for the gameplay and physics, but it has to run a bit smooth too.

Its a game, not a friggin slide show.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its a demo, not a friggin polished piece of work D:

They still need to finalize stuff. It ran extremely buggy on mine (i think, had most stuff on high). Loading times were painful though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom