Dark Knight

Best answers
Outnumbered, surely this is the Dark Knight's final battle?

Been drawing and painting for around 2.5 hours so far, still plenty left to do. Taking a little more care on this one than the dragon pic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats amazing, do you use the brush tools? and if yes, which brushes? sorry its just so amazing :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
simply amazing, Idk how you make that metal look so real, but it owns. How long have u been at photoshop for? Nicly done, 9/10. Cant wait to see the rest of it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The arm thats holding the shield looks like it's being twisted (by the shoulder area), Also the whole chest and back area seems whacked.

Best answers
Alteh is smoking "anatomy." He's right about the arm looking like its twisted back, and his chest/back is pretty huge compared to the size of the rest of his limbs. He's like twice the thickness of his thighs. It's still a cool picture though, nice job.

Best answers
Indeed he is opensource, take it easy dan, although i appreciate the support. I have made quite a few anatomical errors but i wasnt really trying too hard, its just a quickie. Its the best i've done in such a short time however so im pretty chuffed, even though mainly a metal study.

Darksniper - It's all done using just a regular hard round photoshop brush, with altered opacity and size. I have the flow always set to around 75 though, but that's personal preference. I guess i should mention that i have a tablet too, but i mention that all the time =)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
man you're like a machine pumping out art o_O

....but i think the dark knight needs something special, he looks to 'normal' if you know what i mean? Maybe a symbol on his chest or some cuts in his armor?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes indeed I am smoking anatomy...you should try it to Dan16. Anyway's Diablos I think you should spend more time on the main drawing instead of rushing in and coloring it. It looks okay but you could have done way better on the knight guy. But if you were going for a speed paint than I would suppose it's pretty good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Diablos said:
Indeed he is opensource, take it easy dan, although i appreciate the support. I have made quite a few anatomical errors but i wasnt really trying too hard, its just a quickie. Its the best i've done in such a short time however so im pretty chuffed, even though mainly a metal study.

Darksniper - It's all done using just a regular hard round photoshop brush, with altered opacity and size. I have the flow always set to around 75 though, but that's personal preference. I guess i should mention that i have a tablet too, but i mention that all the time =)
Im sorry, that wasnt directed at you, it was directed at Alteh... I think your work is excelent man.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Diablos with your sudden explosion of threads, if you want, you can do what Tales does. And just post all your artwork in one thread from now on. And if you do so, feel free to double post or bump it as well whenever you have a new piece to show.

Best answers
I might do that opty, i'm feeling rather inspired lately.

[EDIT]
Update

Need comments and crits on the background if you would. I'm having troubles making it look "not fake" :p. I think i ought to ditch the photo of the moon and stop being lazy.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its looking awesome, im loving the lighting, and you should definately draw the moon yourself, i did a quick paintover of what i'd do next, you should use the zombies as a tool for composition, make them more dull too, more gray so we can focus on the character more, also the light from the moon should be lighter, so it defines the shape of the knight that bit better, to make it crisp and eye catching, atm you're relying on just the shape of the night and the light to make him stand out, everything in the whole picture can be engineered to make it more visually striking.

i hope that helps, do some more random rough zombies, add more ranks, they dont have to be detailed, just a few spots of light to define some small forms, and the shadows will work the rest.

Very nice work, very dynamic, i love it

Best answers
Thanks for the awesome crits dave. I decided to ditch the moon as it was not my original idea, plus it added another light source which i did not want.

I took the idea you posted of adding more beasties in the background which i must say adds to the whole "claustrphobic" effect, now all i have left to do is draw a few hands reaching out to grab our doomed warrior from the foreground, and i should be done.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AWESOME!! YOU GOTTA TEACH ME SOME OF UR TRICKS!
anyway... take the cape off, or fix its fasenings, because the cape looks like it could fall off any second now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its very good diablos, but now there isnt any light source, so where are the reflictions coming from?

one little nitpick... the helmet looks like the top half is floating, im sure you want a glowy redness coming from within, but it looks a little weird right now, you should still be able to see a joining part of the helmet. also, there needs to be scratches in the armour, and tears in the cloak, he doesnt look battle hardened so much as a shiny new dark knight.

awsome tho :)

"waiter, could i have some clean underwear please?"

Best answers
maybe still add the moon..it made the background look creepy..give a good hollow effect..(the moon)

overall its awsome..more in the words of beautifull
you must have worked hours on it

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if the light source is coming from the ground then one of the legs is highlighted wrong, and so is the chest, and helmet >;o

omg you deleted your post and now i look like an idion >;E

Best answers
dan - rest assured, it is securely bolted to the front of his platemail.

GIR - good comments. i'll tatter his cape, but scratches dont show up very well unless i highlight them, and i feel it kind of overloads the guy with too much detail. also the lightsource is to the lower right, an unearthly kind of eerie light coming from the floor. - no, you look like a man who can READ MINDS \o/. But yeah it's shiny metal and highlights are weird, cause i said so :p. deleted the post cause i kinda forgot i posted the newest pic already.

Valeska - i didnt like the moon, too cliché. 6 hours and counting so far

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he's got an emblem :O

Awesome work man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom