Dance Dance Revolution

Best answers
Hey im thinkin about gettin a PS2 and some Ignition Foam dance pads and DDRMAX and DDRMAX2...does anyone here Have these..and if you do how do they preform. Are the pads pretty reliable...like are the reactions right on?? and if anyone owns the games..are they worth the money if you dont have a import PS2 wit import games? just wondering if the games have alot of J-pop songs cuz those are the best. Thanks alot.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I own a simple madcatz pad and DDMax 2, my friend owns DDRMax1 and they are both graet games. The pads (unless you buy the nice metal ones) will wear our after enought use. When they are right out of the box they reaction is right on but after using it for a month you have to start pressing harder.

The DDR games are fun and addictive, my friends and I are starting a new thing to goto the arcade and play on the nice arcade mechines once a week.

Best answers
Bah @ console ddr games! ;/ Just dload Stepmania, get a USB adapter, and vola! All the songs you could ever play at your fingertips, or foot-tips...? :p

Retired
Best answers
haha those always look cool on tv, I would probably have that if I had a ps2 just for the fun of it ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not even worth getting ddr on console. u are better off just playing at the arcade. ive been playing ddr since ver 1.5

KyoKusanagi

K
Ive got it on PS2 and unfortunately if you get it on a PAL system, the timing is a little off due to the video refresh rate. You can fix it with an Action Replay or Xploder disc but then again theres not much point.

The closest you can get to ddr at home is Stepmania and to buy a dance mat and a PS2 to USB controller converter.

If you must have DDR on PS2 then get Dance Dance Revolution 8th Mix Xtreme. Its not a bad game but personally i'd lost interest after 3rd Mix.

Best answers
version 1.5..are you talking usa mix?

ive been playing since 1998 mid october...games great and i personally wish they kept the 3rd mix songs all the way up...all those sex songs haha

do it all night do it with me...lol

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DDR USA IS THE DEVIL!

Ok, with that said, I've heard lots of good things about ignition pads. I've used them and I like them. Big dif though is that they're touch sensitive and not presure sensitive like arcade ones. Also, yeah, just get stepmania and play it on the computer. Much cheaper. Though the games for PS2 are good if you need your stuff to be easilly mobile. They just lack some songs that really shoulda been on there.

-Karrde-

KyoKusanagi

K
You used to be able to put in old discs and use their music but that option had been taken out quite early in on the series.

Oh and if you ever see a DDR machine with a port for your memcard, don't put your memcard in it - it tried to eat mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom