Damaged clothing and bruses.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well i was watching dbz the other day and i saw that the more hurt the characters were the more bruses appeared and their clothe started to get damaged.So im sugesting that the lower the players health the more bruses appear on his body and his clothe start getting ripped.
PS:When the player heals his health the bruses go away but the clothes stay the same way until he dies.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damaged clothing has been suggested and rejected many times before.
I think that bruises could be added with new stuff ESF developers have.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Didnt know damaged clothing had already been sugested.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And declined. The only way to make those look good is to edit the models. And quite frankly there is still to much to do model wise to even think of implementing that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bruising can be done (very well) with decals.
torn clothing can only be done with model editing, quite probably swapping out meshes mid-fight. it's not TOO hard to do, just time consuming to get right.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With our system, I'm not certain we can just decal a model though. Frankly though, it's not worth the effort. Not that many close up shots.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vindictus seems to do it well. Although i don't exactly know HOW they do it.

Eh, up to you guys though, i don't mind either way.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Didnt know damaged clothing had already been sugested.
No offence, I know you are new, but if you did a search, you would have found about 1.23 million threads about it. Also, a little common sense helps...when a mod has persisted for 10 years, what do you think the chances are that no one has suggested battle-damaged clothing before?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vindictus also uses a much newer engine. As I recall, to create any kind of model detail like that you need an individual skin for each effect. Meaning the entire skin of the model. You can't just hot load parts on.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can. But not in half life, unless you load characters one limb at a time. Imagine 1 character consisting of 6 model files XD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't a lot of games using customizable models do that? Something like Little Big Planet. I can hardly imagine that they create a model for every conceivable combination of clothing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I get the impression all these newbies just want to see Goku naked and bruised.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't a lot of games using customizable models do that? Something like Little Big Planet. I can hardly imagine that they create a model for every conceivable combination of clothing.
In a way yes. Thats about how it works.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Again, these are all more advanced engines than what we're using and use new tricks not available to us.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vindictus seems to do it well. Although i don't exactly know HOW they do it.

Eh, up to you guys though, i don't mind either way.
These guys use the Source engine, and if you all played HL2, Im sure you all know about the decals and stuff...

However, we are using the HL ONE engine. We can definitely do bruises and what not.. but thatll cost you processing power :p you want your game to run fast or slow?

Why does it cost processing power? Because the core code HL 1 uses an old crappy technique to display textures and blah blah blah...

anyway, if you dont want your game to run smooth and nice we can do the bruises. But if you want DO want it to be smooth, we wont do it...

regardless of your answer, we're not going to add bruising atm.

I just want you to realize that this is still HL1 regardless of our changes to the engine.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
These guys use the Source engine, and if you all played HL2, Im sure you all know about the decals and stuff...

However, we are using the HL ONE engine. We can definitely do bruises and what not.. but thatll cost you processing power :p you want your game to run fast or slow?

Why does it cost processing power? Because the core code HL 1 uses an old crappy technique to display textures and blah blah blah...

anyway, if you dont want your game to run smooth and nice we can do the bruises. But if you want DO want it to be smooth, we wont do it...

regardless of your answer, we're not going to add bruising atm.

I just want you to realize that this is still HL1 regardless of our changes to the engine.
Stuff like that could easily be added to the game using on/off switches. So the users themselves can determine whether they have the processing power for a feature like this, so really, this isn't a very good argument. That said, the choice to actually add it to the game and spend more time on coding is all up to the team, of course.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Stuff like that could easily be added to the game using on/off switches. So the users themselves can determine whether they have the processing power for a feature like this, so really, this isn't a very good argument. That said, the choice to actually add it to the game and spend more time on coding is all up to the team, of course.
Indeed . +1 to that. There are people with good PCs and people with less good PCs. Would be nice to have this feature and just get a switch for it. However Im not sure how much it would take for the devs to develop this.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If want to have a 1 Gig GFX card that you can use for medium ESF specs, because the rest is clogged up with character textures be my guest

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, if you're going to make it flashy, make it REALLY FLASHY!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Was thinking, you could instead just do some animations for the characters for when they reach a certain HP so they look like they re doing bad. LIke being slightly bent over, one arm hanging etc....you know what I mean . :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom