damage mod

Best answers
there's some part of my thinking.....why half-life havent had the damage skin when the enemies got hit by shot or any attack than increase wound in their body like quake 2? this is the idea from yesterday when i played quake 2 and i discovered it....

like enforcer, it had 2 different mode of dead part(head-lost and stomach-blasted )

security guard had 3 different mode(arm lost, head cracked and flesh on the back)

but why didnt half-life use it? even sourse engine........ the point is when people die but they dont look like they r dead......

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uncover bunker said:
there's some part of my thinking.....why half-life havent had the damage skin when the enemies got hit by shot or any attack than increase wound in their body like quake 2? this is the idea from yesterday when i played quake 2 and i discovered it....

like enforcer, it had 2 different mode of dead part(head-lost and stomach-blasted )

security guard had 3 different mode(arm lost, head cracked and flesh on the back)

but why didnt half-life use it? even sourse engine........ the point is when people die but they dont look like they r dead......
Valve made it that way. Why? No idea. Probably to help keep the ESRB rating down. In Half-Life you were able to blow people up (and besides just plain killing them) that's all you could pretty much do. In Half-Life 2 you were able to: Vaporize enemies, cut them in half (zombies), or just kill them the "traditional" way.

Quake was designed to have such things as heads getting blow off, just like Unreal Tournament. It probably set the right mood while you play the mod making you feel that it's an all out slaughter fest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom