Damagable Maps

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I think it would be a great idea to add damagable maps..

Take ape_city their are serveral buildings that are destructable on that map.. altho they do take tooo long to destroy. I was thinking maybe the team team could make a Damaged map... then cover the damaged parts with models that have a life span.. when the life reaches 0 it blows up into pieces an rocks come out/ fall to the ground...

Example: esf_city.. Make a bunch of broken buildings... and add the rest of the build as a model..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only thing with that is that it'd double polycounts and it wouldn't make sense for stuff to blow up without being touched by attacks.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
sigh plz read posts carefully ... the stuff wouldn't blow up randomly. It has a "LIFE SPAN" this life span is lowered when a beam detonates near it... or somone is knocked into it..ect..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In other words, health. Which is neither new, nor innovative.

VideoJinx said:
sigh plz read posts carefully
The "Read This Before You Post Suggestions" Sticky said:
This stuff won't be in the next releases, so don't bother posting about it:

Terrain damage
There won't be any form of massive terrain damage in ESF. The halflife engine won't allow maps with much breakables without making your framerate drop drasticly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think we need all that stuff, It's just more and more lag

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, like in the posts abobe, maybe LITTLE damagable stuff, like example in esf_arrival, if you keep on hitting trunks' space ship for a few hours or so the top part blows up, then later the whole thing, well I've only gotten till the top part being away, but you get what I'm saying?

I tri3ed making a map like that a few months back, I stood at a sturdy 8 fps or so, and when powering up EVEN LOWER, so sorry, can't be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom