Damaera's Animations

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been a bit busy with things, but I have made a lot of progress in my opinion.

So, here's a video of some of my latest animations. Huge thanks to Kong for giving me crits.

http://www.esforces.com/team/Damaera/animations.avi

Also, I did not create the fly_up and the fall animation.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All of them are good with one exception:
On the "run forward" animation the tail sits straight while the character is running.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know, I still have to animate the tail.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh... right.. I forgot about that.

I guess I'll get started on it soon. D:

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh... right.. I forgot about that.

I guess I'll get started on it soon. D:
You better, it's hard to find a good tutorial for ultranoobs.
"Do this and that, then make the plane an editable poly. It doesn't matter that you don't know how to do any of those or where they are on the UI."

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thread necromancy.. HOOOOOOO!

A little update (finally!): I decided to work on a walk animation earlier tonight and finally decided to record a video and show it to you guys. Please note that I rigged this model a few weeks ago... it was before I learned about a quicker, better method. Perhaps I'll rerig this model in the future so this animation / other animations will look better.

But yeah, walk animation, check it out: http://www.esforces.com/~damaera/itachiwalk.avi

I need to work on the upper body movement, but I'm just showing this for the sake of updating.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont know what codec you used but any of my codec packs ive got dosnt seem to work, try uploading it either in another format or youtube it?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to right click and choose save as, it won't play in a browser. If you did download it and it's still not working, try using the VLC media player. Worked for me and I don't think I have any codec packs installed, just reformatted the other day.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_EJjhIM-Qk[/ame]

Jesus, YouTube got faster at processing videos.

Edit: Also, yeah, the upper body movement sucks, I fixed it an hour or two after I showed this animation to you guys. Perhaps I'll record a video of it later.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its good! i'll give you a couple points as food for thought though when your arsing around with it

Your upper body movmement, namely the shoulders, are moving a bit too severely horizontally while ignoring vertical movements. with that style of walk motion your shoulders will drop with each footstep, imagine your shoulders drawing small circles in line with its respective legs movement to give you a better idea. to help bring this forward i'd suggest using some horizontal movement of your spine as nobody walks perfectly straight.

Secondly the arms could do with some work. foremost you've got his hands angled in the wrong direction, as you walk naturally with the front of your hands almost facing to your front. His wrists should be more slack, counteracting his arms movment with every swing since such a casual walk wouldnt have him tensing so much. I'd also pose his fingers a little more naturally and throw in some movement to compliment the above as the puppet pose for them dosnt quite cut the mustard!

Finally i notice your lacking addional bones for his toes and ankle. having his feet as rigid as that kind of detracts from the generally nice leg movement you have going.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, at the moment this rig doesn't have any fingers or additional bones to the foot. Actually, to be quite honest, it was one of my first finished rigs. At the moment all my current rigs have 5 fingers and additional bones to the feet.

Anyways, I decided to record a video of the improved walk animation, tell me how it is:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXc0oMQBO0[/ame]

Edit: Actually, let me re-record this with a better rigged model.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its hard to comment on the sequence if your missing out some of the marjor bones for such a sequence sadly. Might i suggest using a 3rd party tool for your rig builds? most will have controller dummies for joints and anchors for limbs which help control natrual movement wish greater ease, as well as allowing full customisation

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, recorded a video with a better rigged model.

A few things you should know about the rig first: the shoulders aren't rigged properly, same with the left hand. Both the shoulders and the hands will be re-rigged sometime in the future.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1290WtzHLQ[/ame]

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
You made this animations in Maya?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
any reason your not Acknowledging comments? posting the same sequence with a new mesh and skin modifier dosnt really count as an improvement

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
This is a perfect tutorial for a walk animation.Thx Jesus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom