Daily Show and Colbert Report Return

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://publications.mediapost.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Articles.showArticleHomePage&art_aid=73246

While it is awesome I do not have to wait for the strike to be over, it's going to feel very awkward. First, I am worried that it will not be as funny or the same without the writers. Second, it may be weird seeing the actors perform while the writer's are still striking. As WGA members, Stewart and Colbert can't write anything, so I'm really worried on this one.

I'd rather wait until the strike is over, actually, then have a half-assed duo of shows.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Jon Stewart was/is a writer if I recall.

I'm sure is extended tenure in the entertainment business will allow for him still be entertaining.

Who knows... maybe they have a group of secret writers who are upcoming amatuer writers that've shown they can be just as good as the previous ones.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I'm currently watching Leno, I'm amazed, he's still got it.

Writing his own material, I'm thoroughly impressed, it's great seeing him to good ol' stand up again.

I'm really giddy and can't wait to see how Conan turns out tonight.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You gotta love the adlibing Craig Ferguson is doing on CBS tonight.

It's clear his writers were holding him back in certain areas.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It's John i'm more worried about. Stephen on the other hand is more into his character and can improvise rather well, so I'm fairly certain he'll do a good job on his performance.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they both are excellent comedians. i doubt you'd have much to worry about. those 2 have been writing their own acts for years before the daily show was created.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom