Daichiretsuzan

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here we go again. Logan with another idea for Frieza. RUN AWAY!!!!

Anyway, you all know the Death Wave ideas I had, right? I could never remember the Japanese name for it and people have always said they dont remember frieza using it. Well...he did...but just not the way Death Wave is used, but very similar. Funi just decided to name it Death Wave and make it visable. Here's what I'm talking about...

I love this attack because its unique and its the one attack that made goku truely scared. Not the goofy sort of scared...but the priceless look of fear. It doesn't show it in this gif, but if you watched the episode and saw Goku's expression after it was used, its truely priceless.

Anyway, I have thrown ideas around on it that just seem unrealistic and doesn't seem to go well with the mod in terms of balance and how its used. So I was thinking...why not make it into a chargable blade attack? No..not a disk.

I was thinking it could be just a projectile attack without the explosion, like a disk. Only it'll be faster and bigger. However, it isn't an instant-death attack. It'll just be like any ordinary chargable attack that inflicts a certain amount of damage. Because its a blade, it can cut through and hit more than one person like a disk. It just isn't controllable and doesn't kill anyone on impact. The blade can be visable like death Wave in Budokai 2 and 3.

In DBZ Legends, Frieza used this move a multiple amount of times by making criss-cross movements, so perhaps the second attack function could be a rapid-fire of sorts.

Anyway, since Frieza doesn't seem to be getting anything new already, I figured this attack would be a nice addition to his attacks. Its unique, doesn't have to be overpowered, and simple. Only final form frieza would use it, and because its not instant like finger laser and doesn't have an explosion like beams and balls, it shouldn't be too spamable.

I'm probably too late in suggesting this now, but who knows.

Best answers
wow i really liek this idae, you could maek ti fast moving for the first setting, have a charge like burniung attack adn damage liek burning attack has now, because it is sorta weak, and in second itowuld only do 1 damage per blade thign witha charge of 5 or 10? and it woudl take teh same amount of time as lest say finish buster or a little more? it be awoms eot see that lashed aroudn the arena

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan you amaze me yet again. I love the idea. You balanced it out( though Frieza should be able to destory the map as a move) and Im very pleased with the result. If you think it was too late to suggest it, why not make the Death Wave Spirit so the team wouldn't have to worry about making it. Im sure they'd add it in then

Best answers
If your still wondering what the real american name for it is, I got it
American: Earth Line Blast
And also Logan, great suggestion, if this was a poll, I would vote yes as it being an attack in ESF 1.3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah it was translated into Earth Line blast, but was changed again to Death Wave.

As for it destroying the map...thats not possible for half-life...and it would be incredibly overpowered. Thats why I figured it should be just a thin, long blade that looks like a crescent moon, just like death wave pretty much. But my older suggestions were flat-out rediculous.

First, I suggested that a line of small explosions were made instantly on the area where the target was aiming, but that was unbalanced.

Then I suggested something similar to what I have now, only it explodes, but that wouldn't work either because it was just silly. a blade that explodes? pff.

Many people put the idea down mainly for the fact that they dont remember Frieza using it, but I found this gif and decided to try one more time with a better, more balanced idea for it.

Also, I'd make a sprite for it, but simply making a sprite wont do it. the staff would need to code it in. also, they'd have to approve it as well.

Best answers
Couldn't they also code a sprite to come up on the ground where the wave hits, to look like a crevice forms in the ground?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i love the idea of this attack, but to me i dont think frieza really needs anymore attacks now, especially with the new method for telekinesis. But if the team wanted to spend summore time on frieza, this is what it'd like >;o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
i love the idea of this attack, but to me i dont think frieza really needs anymore attacks now, especially with the new method for telekinesis. But if the team wanted to spend summore time on frieza, this is what it'd like >;o
I do admit the new method for telekenesis looks great, but I still dont see people using it all too much.

Best answers
I still think they should add this attack for Frieza because no body else has an attack this unique in the game.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
good thinking , this would attract me back to using frezia , as there is somwthing more to work for , i can't stand playying as frezia at all atm , but maybe if i can put up with it till i get a good enough pl or get use to frezia in 1.2x/1.3 , then i feel this is something worth working for when you reach your final form

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea.

I can't imagine people NOT remembering attack: to me, it's as memorable as Vegeta's Final Flash against Cell, or Vegeta's Ultimate Sacrifice against Buu. I mean, Death Wave basically cuts the planet in half! That's pretty damn impressive, even if Frieza is one of the 'weaker' characters in the later parts of DBZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom