Cvar for SSJ (best suggestion ever!)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF needs a cvar to enable/disable ssj.

It'd be useful for people who want to have a server without having to fight people who are an ssj. Adding it couldn't hurt and I imagine it'd be easily done.

esf_trans 0 - No transformations allowed
esf_trans 1 - First level transformations allowed
esf_trans 2 - Second level transformations allowed
ETC.

Simple, right?

Best answers
Simple enough and it actually has a purpose, so yah, it's the best suggestion ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah it would be a handy tool to control a server...

But I don't alot of people usually play to transform in the first place? and then go for perfect trasnformation (in 1.3's case, the final transformation)?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's so simple yet so smart..
That's my hybrid o/

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me likes. That would be a cool way to limit teh people who only play for a better PL and score.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah i think the best suggestion ever would be something to do with chocolate and women but hey at least you ranked second ;)

cool idea i hate fighting ssj's cause the only method of seriously fighting as them is to go in and out of reach of the opponent kinda like hit and run

Best answers
damn neat idea! very very uselefull to me :p best suggestion o/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The idea itself would be good if non-stransed characters were equal in power, which they are not.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I belive this idea has been suggested before for all transformations a while back

Still though it's a must in for those who want challenge. Non transed = greater ki usage , transed = less ki usage (that's the one advantage that transformations have along with speed , but the normal fights are the most fun when you have to make sure that your ki will be enough to see you through for what you plan to do to your opponent , it's something you think more of too while you are fighting in normal)

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This would take a lot of the balance out of the game. Trunks and Gohan are under-powered to begin with. They're balanced by having a lower transformation PL. Taking away their ability to transform removed any incentive to play these characters. You'd have a Buu fest.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
The idea itself would be good if non-stransed characters were equal in power, which they are not.
Optimus Prime said:
This would take a lot of the balance out of the game. Trunks and Gohan are under-powered to begin with. They're balanced by having a lower transformation PL. Taking away their ability to transform removed any incentive to play these characters. You'd have a Buu fest.
You're both saying the same thing. The bottom line is that I'm suggesting a cvar, not a gamemode. 99.9 percent of the people who play ESF won't even know about it. As for the game turning into an all buu fest and becoming unballanced, heres news for you: The game already is unballanced. It already is a goku fest. Surely one little cvar won't change anything?

The point I'm trying to make here is that i'm suggesting a cvar, not a gamemode. So, why resist?

Saiyan_Overlord said:
I belive this idea has been suggested before for all transformations a while back

Still though it's a must in for those who want challenge. Non transed = greater ki usage , transed = less ki usage (that's the one advantage that transformations have along with speed , but the normal fights are the most fun when you have to make sure that your ki will be enough to see you through for what you plan to do to your opponent , it's something you think more of too while you are fighting in normal)
It was suggested 2 times before. The first time it was suggested by me, the second time it was suggested by KWS. I'm suggesting it again because I believe its a good idea and I believe the team has not seen it yet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, i agree with the suggestion, forces non transforming in Clan Matches/Duels

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That suggestion is OK -- Not the best though, there have been many suggestions that were way more important and valid.

But, good job, always nice to have more "stuff"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually like this suggestion (it's like 300 times better my 'dodgeball' idea :p)

Awesome, I think the team should give the idea a chance.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I disagree. Fact is I do not want to join a server and waste 15 minutes beating people down to find out I can't transform because the admin doesn't like transformations, or play even longer to figure out the admin doesn't like the second transformations. Also note that some characters have 3 transformations and some characters have one so how would you balance that? And wouldn't it be frustrating as hell to battle for like an hour and realize you can't go Perfect Cell because somebody doesn't like him? In a perfect world where everybody puts their cvars in their MOTDs and there are enough servers out there to support that kind of a split community I'd say great, but we don't live in a perfect world. The only way this cvar would have any chance of flying is it if was simply transformations or no transformations, at which time Buu would dessimate everything and everyone for the entire time that server was in operation.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you have a warning when you first join the server or when it's first enabled. That seems perfectly reasonable to me. If I'm shelling out 30$ a month to host a server, don't you think it'd be nice if I could decide if transformations are allowed/disallowed? Sure, it may not be fair to the guy who wants to transform, but its also not fair to me, who wants to play untransformed and fight people untransformed.

The fact is the team has added a lot of cvars that changed game play drastically; they shouldn't reject this idea because it may do the same. Take the simple melee cvar for instance. If a person who loves advanced melee goes into a server and finds out that the simple melee cvar is on, it's the same exact thing as if the person goes into a server and finds out he can't transform. The team still added that cvar however, just as they should still add this one.

And again, Buu dominating the server is brought up. I'm sorry, but that is a horrible reason to reject this idea. The game already is unbalanced, one little cvar won't change things that much. Worst case scenario, we have what we have now where everyone is a certain character (everyone currently plays Goku). If you're scared of one person dominating the server, here's news: That happens everytime you play ESF. If you go into a server, you'll find one person with a score of around 120 and 2 and then everyone else with a score of 5 and 40.

The point I'm trying to get across is that I'm suggesting a cvar. It doesn't have to be perfectly balanced, its purpose would be for people who just want to hang out in a server and duel.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Love the idea. I hate fighting ssj3 Goku (EVM) because everyone spams like hell. Not that ESF will be the same (I hope) but I think this idea is great.

Best answers
i think its an awsome suggestion not everyone likes to play with ssj..and fact of the matter is if someone wants an advantage then they can use buu at any time..and still have a little leverage over the rest of the players...to be honest..whenever i play and use trunks/gohan/krillin i RARLEY trans...like barley ever..unless theres a super powerful beam jumper/spammer that needs a good handing to...i do it for practice on speed..same with piccolo...it wouldnt hurt the game any more then the PL catchup option...i think it should be added...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom