Customization Tweaks

are you a boy or girl?

• Iam a boy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iam a girl

• Iam a hermafrodite

• I don\'t know (waiting for doctor results)

• Total voters
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now this idea will NOT affect gameplay whatsoever but is for those who use custom models.

In 1.3 you will have multiple models for each Character but what about the sounds and sprites?

Eg.

Say I wanted Goten as a replacement for Gohan. Goten does not sound completely like Gohan so my idea, with the custom models, (I am assuming the models will be named e.g Gohan-1, Gohan-2) so why not do sounds and sprites like it? So Goten`s Masenko sound would be called Masenko(Gohan-1).wav

Sprites would be similar.

E.g Broli for Vegeta. Gallitgun(Vegeta-1).wav for whatever attacks he has.

Hopefully it wouldn`t be too hard and it would be like ESF having the multiple characters (but clones of eachother).

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Hopefully it wouldn`t be too hard and it would be like ESF having the multiple characters (but clones of eachother).
theyre just model replacements so after all they ARE just clones of the original class with a different look.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes.

And the same sounds, and the same attacks, and the same transformations.

They just look different.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Yes.

And the same sounds, and the same attacks, and the same transformations.

They just look different.
probably different sounds/sprites aswell but dont take my word for it.

Still, aside from the model and such its just the same class with a different look ;P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
probably different sounds/sprites aswell but dont take my word for it.

Still, aside from the model and such its just the same class with a different look ;P
Meh, I remember Joe saying in an IRC chat that it'll be limited to models only, and I think it said something about models-only in his development blog.

It could be that he's changed his opinion and wants to allow custom sounds and sprites too, but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if the sounds/sprites are placed in a foulder inside the model foulder. Than he can program the code to look for the sounds/sprites based on themodel foulder thats beeing ussed. If the sounds/sprites arnt there than the program just takes the defaults.

Basicly something like ths

3 steps max :

1.) Checks if the sounds/sounds are in the directoryof the mdl file thats ussed.

2.) If yes than use them.

3.) If no than use defaults.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega, I was also thinking something like this, imagine having a Piccon model, then he has the same sounds and sprites as piccolo, would be pretty lame don't ya think? You can always just simply replace the sprites and sounds if it's included in the custom model pack, but that's too much of a mission for such a small thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom