CUSTOMIZATION IDEA O.o

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes indeed, a customization idea, outragious isnt it!?

ok envision this, your piccolo, you just hit goku to the ground and hes out, hes not getting up anytime soon. you think to yourself "HAH perfect chance to use my scattershot on this bastard!" you reach over for your attack but alas! youve accidentally hit the "stab self with tree branch" button. your lifes over, your wife leaves you and your house is burned to the ground by a pack of drugged up elves.

now that you have envisioned that here is my idea:

DaRk's Brilliance No. 1: Interchangeable attack slots
Normally youd have to go to the controls menu and switch your attacks around, but that can sometimes create a problem when you pick other characters. with my idea youll have kind of a budokai system, an attack menu with all the attacks you have as that character (as goku it would be Khh, SB, KT, SF and all those). they would all be in slot next to the characters picture in a different screen labeled "attack edit"

On the left of that slot theres about 7 empty slots for your attacks (senzus have a fixed slot) you can pick what slot you want your attacks to be in (Note: melee is not able to be taken out, its always slot 1). So for example
slot 1. melee
slot 2. Gen beam/ball
slot 3. Masenko

You get the idea.

EDIT: i was thinking that if you place the same 2 attacks in 2 seperate slots it strengthens your ki attack but slows down the charging process and ups the meter for the minimum charge
DaRk's Brilliance No. 2:Transformation selection
Note: this suggestion is for people who realize transforming is an unnecessary part of the game (although useful), so basically most pros would more than likely enjoy this idea.

You remember in budokai where you can pick your transformations to have?
You do?
Well i dont...
Anyway, in the attack edit screen theres a seperate slot for the transformations allowed for certain characters (ginyu and 18 is omitted in this). Now i know what most of you are saying "why do that, you can just not transform to that level" and others are already talking to your local hitman. Quick Explanation: the less transformations you have the more powerful your transformations are.

Well its understandable isnt it? If you only have one trans chances are you would become used to it fast and become more powerful with it only now it just happens instantly...

EXAMPLE: of course goku will be our main man in this example, as goku you have ssj1,2, and 3 what if you drop ssj3 though? ssj 1, and 2 would gain a considerable speed and power boost (i would think if you drop ssj3 a 2.25 PL modifier) if you dropped ssj 2 and 3 you would gain an extreme boost to your ssj1 form (a 2.5 modifier and a speed boost)

BALANCE: it balances out because everyone else will still get to transform to ssj2 and 3 but youll be able to beat on them faster than they can to you.

DaRk's Additions:Attack powerboostage
In the attack idea about a few hundred feet above this sentence i mentioned that you pick your attacks with a slot of 2-7 but how about if you all out drop an attack and add a second one (like all out dropping SB to add in Khh to slot 4 AND 5) you gain more power to that attack BUT it takes longer to charge OR comes out slow (like ki blasts) but i think that extreme attacks like SB, DB, FF and any other extreme ki attacks planned for 1.3 will be exempt from this also instant attacks/death attacks such as lasers and discs will be exempt from this as well

i really do think that this is a brilliant idea despite how i titled my paragraphs, i know it would take considerable coding and such but its something that would definitely increase the ammount of human-game interaction which is a great part of any video game

i mean come on itll seem like your almost in the game choosing your own attacks and ways of using them

EDIT TO 2ND IDEA: People with permament transformations are exempt from the transformation menu thing just because they cant revert back

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the stacking of attacks idea. :yes:

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Even though its probably a fun thing to have, I say its too much work for such a minor thing -.-
Also there are upcomming ESF addons that can basically do such stuff.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry Dkar. I hate to say it but I don't like the ideas.

Idea Numero Uno: What's the point? You can switch your attacks around... big deal. All you need to do is mermorize which button is which attack. not only that but most "pros" use only 1,2, and 3, (melee, ki blasts, and gen beam/ball) And it doesn't take a scientist to figure out that for goku number 4 is khh, and number 5 is spirit bomb etc etc.
There just isn't a point. Esf isn't budokai

Idea Numero Dos: What's the point in fighting to gain transformations if you can transform when ever you want. This is like saying Goku could have gone SSJ3 on frieza's ass if he wanted to but wouldn't have been powerful enough to defeat him.
I like the whole "Fight for PL" thing so naturally I don't like this idea.

Idea Numero Tres: Adding 2 of the same attack to make it more powerful.... sounds a bit spammy to me. Sure the beam might take longer to charge, or it might shoot twice as slow, but that's what drifting/jumping/ beam jumping is for. If there wasn't any of that, I can assure you most people wouldn't beam spam because they'd get owned by everyone on the server. So I don't like this idea either. Though I'll give you credit that you put some thought into them. Most are minor. But the major ones are balanced. But I can't say that this idea would be a positive thing for ESF.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Idea Numero Uno: What's the point? You can switch your attacks around... big deal. All you need to do is mermorize which button is which attack. not only that but most "pros" use only 1,2, and 3, (melee, ki blasts, and gen beam/ball) And it doesn't take a scientist to figure out that for goku number 4 is khh, and number 5 is spirit bomb etc etc.
There just isn't a point. Esf isn't budokai
the other ones you have a point to but this one, being budokai isnt the point to it

most attacks have a really good use to them, such as solarflare or even masenko but its hard to extend your finger to the button. it either takes to long to switch to it to use it to the full advantage or you just completely miss the button.

masenko, scattershot, and a couple of other attacks are really good to use when you knock an opponent down but theyre just to far away on the keyboard so i thought it might help to have a program where you can just rearrange all the attacks for your characters instead of having to go back to the controls to switch the attacks around

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
the other ones you have a point to but this one, being budokai isnt the point to it

most attacks have a really good use to them, such as solarflare or even masenko but its hard to extend your finger to the button. it either takes to long to switch to it to use it to the full advantage or you just completely miss the button.

masenko, scattershot, and a couple of other attacks are really good to use when you knock an opponent down but theyre just to far away on the keyboard so i thought it might help to have a program where you can just rearrange all the attacks for your characters instead of having to go back to the controls to switch the attacks around
You of all people shouldn't have a problem extending your fore finger to the number 5 key or the number 7 key. I know first hand because i play guitar, if you do as well, then you shouldn't have a problem.

not only that- but solar flare? sure your blinded for about 15 seconds or so give or take a few. But it leaves you with hardly any ki, just enough to beam jump away. and so what if the other guy can't see, everyone who has been solar flared, beam jumps around or teleports around until they can see agian.

Masenko: i see no usefulness in that attack whatsoever.

Scattershot i'll admit has it's uses, but it's not far away from the wasd keys.

I'll admit this could come in handy, but it's so minor i don't see it's worth the trouble. The only people i see it useful for are people who have small hands.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You of all people shouldn't have a problem extending your fore finger to the number 5 key or the number 7 key. I know first hand because i play guitar, if you do as well, then you shouldn't have a problem.
the only problem i have is that i move to fast and hit the wrong keys

masenko is useful because it charges just a little slower than a gen beam and does more damage

not only that- but solar flare? sure your blinded for about 15 seconds or so give or take a few. But it leaves you with hardly any ki, just enough to beam jump away. and so what if the other guy can't see, everyone who has been solar flared, beam jumps around or teleports around until they can see agian
for this i always do a drop by move, which means i drop straight in front of my opponent (glide or just falling) and immediately swoop, go into advanced melee, do a combo or two and finish off with a strong downwards hit and blast them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom