Customizable Character Slots

ReMember
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The game should have customizable character slots were you could put any models you want and choose the stats of thar character but with limits like if you puted too much attack you cant have much speed etc....That way a player could have all the characters he wants and still play with the original ones

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This was actually already suggested and presented to the team for consideration.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan289 said:
This was actually already suggested and presented to the team for consideration.
but we dont know if itll be in or not (neads a lot of balancing issues)

ReMember
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It would solve many problems for those you cant play with their favorite characters i hope the team can make this true

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's been suggested a few times in various shapes and forms, and I still think it's a good idea (like Create-a-Skater from Tony Hawks Pro Skater).

You never know, the team were willing enough to create an entire FX system on the Half-Life engine, maybe they could create a Character Creation system too.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You can always use AMXX to create new charachters. But in any other way, there would be differs from client.dll to servers .dll, so you couldn't enter the game, unless having same char.
Anyway, one slot which you can enable/disable by using teh cvar would be nice

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry encore, were not all good pro coders like you. write a amxx coding tut.

its a good idea, i guess.

Best answers
GoldenBlade said:
[img=http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/4969/sample9so.th.png]

something like this maybe
well if u put it that way.. then i should say pretty neat :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it just wouldnt work, you would need everyones model they use, sprites,and sounds. The stats wouldn't even work since it would be client side and not server. But I do think secandary slots for each char would be neat to have for each char. That way people can have 2 of the same class. (example: gohan slot 1: Teen, Slot 2: Adult)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds nice

the only problem is getting the information from difrent clients to the server with out overriding stuff.

Lets say 1 has Brolly and 1 has Janemba and another one has Cooler

how would the system react when they all meat in 1 server (im talking about the speed and other stats)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
how would the system react when they all meat in 1 server (im talking about the speed and other stats)
They dont, which is why it wont work even if they wanted it, well it could work, but ALOT of effort will be put into just this.

and about the 2 slots, yes it would be only client side, just for your own pleasures. kinda like 2ndary models in budokai. and a separate sound pack maybe.

Best answers
i would say like 5 model slots for each charracter becuase lots of models like to replace vegeta (Gotenks Broly Raditz and more) and i like vegeta.

ReMember
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What if the custom characters stats were selected by the admin while making the server that way everyone would have the same stats no matter what their character is. You dont need everyone's model, sound or sprites. For example one player has as a broly model in the custom folder 1, some other player wouldn't need that same model if they all had the same name ( custom1.mdl ) the same thing for sounds and sprites.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Great idea, and balancing is great, admins can set max levels...

(OH NOES FLASHBACK)

"Your stat points exceed the servers limit"

*Disconnected*

Best answers
I think custom characters would be an awesome addition, but only being able to change the model seems to be a very limited choice. Custom slots seem a little better, but it's nothing more than an original model change without requiring 50 minutes of downloading to get everyone's custom skin.

For a true custom character, what should happen is something like in Firearms (old mod, I know). You would select melee style, ki colour (Which can be disputed that PCJoe's new effects will take care of that), and select one powerbeam or ball attack + one special (Kamehameha, SBC, Spirit bomb, regen) and of course, senzu. Starting PL would be set to some low value and speed/strength/ki would be set to a default (eg: Goku's might be 8/7/9 Custom would be 7/7/7 (Customs gotta start somewhere) The 'custom' model could be made as a dummy (Just add in some kind of joe-nothing model) that just chooses the skeleton of whomever is selected for the melee style.

If someone would want to see custom models they could turn on 'download custom models'. Half-life (Original) had this option even with team-related model packs (and replaced custom chars with the hasmat suit model. (TFC) The option to have multiple slots open for custom characters is there. The hard part is implementing it.

Just my suggestion. Hope customs get added in, it would be sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom