Best answers
I've been making a map and adding my own textures to it, I've read many MANY tutorials on making it the correct size in Wally and then making it a wad. But i still have one huge problem i can't find how to fix in any tutorials.

After i put my texture in worldcraft, apply it to the certain object/wall/floor i want to put it on, i push run to test my map. However i keep getting an error that says "Cannot open valve/curtain.wad"

Curtain is the custom texture i made. I can't figure out whats wrong :cry: , Please, any help is extremely appreciated!!

Best answers
do you have the wad in the correct folder??I had mine in the wrong one before and I had no idea on what to do before

Also try embedding your WADs into your map,increases the file size abit,ut gets rid of those errors(they are embedded :))

But problem is I forgot what that commandline was called :/

Best answers
Oh, it the command -includewad? I've heared a few people mention it, if that is it, where do i put it?

Also, what would be the right folder for esf then? Because i guess i could have them in the wrong folder. Thx for the help so far.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unless you use that to embed the .wad into the map, then the exact same .wad used in Hammer must also be in your ESF folder. (or the folder of whatever mod you're compiling it in)
The command is -wadinclude, and it only works if you compile with Zoner's Compile Tools.
To use it, add -wadinclude curtain (note that the ".wad" extension is not required) into the parameters box for hlcsg.
That should do it. :D

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
or add -nowadtextures to your csg parameters to embed all used textures.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only use -nowadtextures if you have many custom .wads though, as that includes all used textures, meaning ones from default .wads such as hl.wad, which everyone already has.
That's an easier way to do it, but it can make the map unnessesarily larger than it has to be.

Best answers
:\ I tried -nowadtextures , didn't work.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
make sure you use zhlt instead of default compile tools that comes with hammer/worldcraft....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom