Custom Skybox?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried making a custom skybox for my Suguroku Space map but no matter how much I try, it always has the default Half-Life skybox.

I made six 256x256 .tga's:

sugurokuup.tga
sugurokudn.tga
sugurokubk.tga
sugurokuft.tga
sugurokulf.tga
sugurokurt.tga

Placed them in the esf/gfx/env folder.

In Valve Hammer Editor, changed the variable 'environment map' to cl_suguroku. Compiled in ZHLT GUI 9. Didn't work. Tried changing 'environment map' to suguroku but it didn't help. I couldn't find a tutorial on this, can someone tell me where i'm going wrong?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I tried making a custom skybox for my Suguroku Space map but no matter how much I try, it always has the default Half-Life skybox.

I made six 256x256 .tga's:

sugurokuup.tga
sugurokudn.tga
sugurokubk.tga
sugurokuft.tga
sugurokulf.tga
sugurokurt.tga

Placed them in the esf/gfx/env folder.

In Valve Hammer Editor, changed the variable 'environment map' to cl_suguroku. Compiled in ZHLT GUI 9. Didn't work. Tried changing 'environment map' to suguroku but it didn't help. I couldn't find a tutorial on this, can someone tell me where i'm going wrong?
In case its a typo i apologise.

But check teh names

cl_suguroku

sugurokurt.tga

Does anyone see a difrence?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All the suguroku's are spelt the same, the 'rt' on the end stands for 'right' (as with the rest, lf = left, dn = down etc). I sort of played it by ear by looking at the other esf skybox textures in that folder.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure the .tga files are in the correct format. IIRC they need to be in 24-bit color for HL to use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom