Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Old school all the way!

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
Best answers
Hate rap, hate modern rock.

I mostly listen to classic Wueen and lots of Red Hot Chili Peppers, oh and FOrt Minor is the only good modern rap, because the songs actually have a point and the men arn't screaming their tonsils out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I very much dislike mainstream music.

Video game music ftw. o/

Best answers
Music these days is getting rediculous.. There's no message anymore, no more depth, no more musical quality.. It's crap.. r&b, modern hiphop, emo-rock-pop-stuff (james blunt, evenescance, ...), techno/house/hardtechno/electronic noise, ...

I voted for old school, going from the 50's all the way to the beginning of the 90's. Ofcourse, there are still a few bands out there that make good/decent music, but the majority just sucks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hate rap, hate modern rock.

I mostly listen to classic Wueen and lots of Red Hot Chili Peppers, oh and FOrt Minor is the only good modern rap, because the songs actually have a point and the men arn't screaming their tonsils out.
Men screaming their tonsils out - that would be metal. And Fort Minor is Hip Hop. Don't confuse the two. And mainstream is everything. There is no such thing as Underground. If everyone was underground, they wouldn't even exist. Why? To be underground, that would mean either a) no-one apart from your own band knows about you, b) you don't have/aren't looking to get with some kind of record label/producer.

I myself, as a fan of Electronic am happy with music today; god forbid any Electronic or Electro sounded like it did a decade ago, i definately wouldn't be such a big fan. Imagine old techno and electronic, such as Eiffel 65 - Blue still existing in this day? The quality was horrible compared to now, at least in my opinion. Drum and Bass has changed for the better as well, it is constantly progressing, and that's why i'm happy with modern day music.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I want to know is how a repeated progression (and I use the term lightly) of power chords managed to replace musicianship.
That question has been in the back of my mind ever since I started learning how to play my first instrument way back when. I don't see nearly the same level of creativity (in the form of musicianship) in newer music that I do in other forms of music I listen to (among the more "odd" are swing, classical jazz, earlier symphonic pieces, even renaissance music, from time to time). Most music I prefer to listen to has some sort of "fresh" feel to it; I don't get that same sense when I listen to newer music.

So, I suppose I'm going to have to go with Old School, as the newest pieces of music I actually like are mainly older than the specified 17 years.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When it comes to music I am really bias to one genre which is metal and all forms of metal. I grew up listening to Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Judist Priest, Deep Purple, Dio, Rainbow and a whole **** load of other heavy metal bands. I'm open to almost every type of music except for rap which is just utter complete crap if you ask me. I would rather listen to a Garth Brooks Country Song then listen to any sort of rap crap.
You win and I love you.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm curious just to see what rock is like in 10 more years. Just to see if it cycles between the style-over-substance glam rock of the 80s to thrash and grunge of the early 90s, to what now looks to be style-over-substance emo. Granted glam rock had a few gem bands or at least bands that put out one gem and I can only think of maybe one or two emo bands that might count.

Plus, I'd like to see the next generation say "Man, my parents music was just too simple" and move on to more complex structuring. Today, almost all the rock bands that are popular seem to have two sets of chords they play, chorus and verse, and they might slightly alter one for a bridge.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I say is, long live the 1970s/80's.

I honestly don't like modern music, the Ramones were way better.
Music popularity seems to swap about, guitarry stuff, poppy stuff. We are currently in the guitarry phase. Maybe it will change soon and I will be really odd again (Now I look like I listen to new bands no-one's heard of, I used to be completely different to everyone else).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm fine with what I listen, like Spineshank, Black Sabbath although it's an older band, Disturbed, Linkin Park, all those are good bands. But these "pop-stars" like Beyonce, Rihanna and similar, makes me want to puke. I'm not a big fan of rap music and disco. I'm fine with Heavy Metal, Rock and Jazz. Everything else, blech.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
80's - 90's classic rock/balads FTW.
Although i also listen to new rock..but no matter what...80's - 90's is my taste of music :D
And i think there will never be bands as Guns N` Roses - Iron Maiden-Metalica-Led Zepelin-AC/DC - RainBow - Survivor - White Stripes .. and of course scorpions ..( generally Monster Ballads..rocks )

Best answers
I went to the NiN concert this year too and Trent Reznor sounded amazing as well.
Yeah baby! - too bad his latest album let be down a bit... :\

Music today is **** IMO, omg I just wanna cry and cut myself. Suck it up pussy! But thats just the mainstream and how the trends go.

Best answers
Yea... my friends say they like that kind of music cuz of the depressive effect it has on people.

I like my fair share of depressive music... but idk, this stuff just sucks ass.

And almost everyone HATES tool... like with a passion. Really pisses me off.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably because so many people love Tool, but don't even know why. I've asked people why they love Tool so much and they always just look at me, completely dumbstruck, unable to answer my question.

I don't like to feel depressed when I listen to music. Music is supposed to help me find solace, not make me want to walk off the Empire State Building's roof.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tool...i remember how everyone went on about them, starting with Deverz a few years ago...listened to about 4 of their songs, and just completely gave up. Didn't understand what all the hype was about; just like with the Arctic Monkeys

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though the older bands are still somewhat better, bands like Linkin Park and Fort Minor are still pretty good. Other than that I hate the entire mainstream save for a couple of songs that just sound nice. The only rapper I find good is Eminem(I'm talking about Eminem, not his Slim Shady alter-ego), every other rapper just raps about getting money, getting laid en drugs.

Best answers
Haha... yea, the only rap i like to listen too is Eminem, John Cena, Ludacris, and Dr. Octagon (not sure if he's rap or not)

Idk tho, i listen to most mainstream rock.... and not that "rock" **** that everyone else listens to, like Panic at the Disco and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.

I cant believe people call that **** rock, and call Tool and the other REAL rock bands ****ty and way overrated.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah Panic at the Disco etc. are really crappy bands that copy from other bands.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though the older bands are still somewhat better, bands like Linkin Park and Fort Minor are still pretty good. Other than that I hate the entire mainstream save for a couple of songs that just sound nice. The only rapper I find good is Eminem(I'm talking about Eminem, not his Slim Shady alter-ego), every other rapper just raps about getting money, getting laid en drugs.
Ah yeah Fort Minor! That's Mike Shinoda's new band! Thanks Sicron, could never remember that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would say the mainstream has gotten substantially better from the boy band and Britney Spears/clones of her and ****. Mainstream now is mostly emo and some sort of semi-hard rock that tries really hard to be punk but fails miserably. That **** all sounds the same to me. Though emo and fake punk sucks, it's better than the late 90's early 00's pop trash.
yes tassadar, yes

i'm not digging the mainstream at all. i just pay attention to my favorite bands new stuff, and some of the new hiphop stuff if it isntsome type of cloned remix

and who else hear is getting sick of this damn regeatone?

i dont know how to spell it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom