Cure to Nervousness? :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I just took my karate test. I used to say I was NEVER nervous and such, and I would never be. I guess I was WRONG

So good news I passed, bad news, I was neverous as **** <--- (Capitalized)

So when I'd explain a block and such, I'd studder, look around, play with my belt (I suck :p)

So I've come here to ask you, Anyone got any good tips to STOP being this nervous?

I mainly need tips acuse my next belt is a Red belt \o/. And they said if I ever be this nervous again, I'd flunk. And I cant take a test twice, its too bad!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Realize that it's not the end of the world if you mess up, and somehow it just melts away, and you don't mess up :p.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just stop everything you're doing, stop thinking, take a deep breathe and count to ten. o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One thing that always cheers me up is to imagine opty in his underwear ;).

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
Yeah, I just took my karate test. I used to say I was NEVER nervous and such, and I would never be. I guess I was WRONG

So good news I passed, bad news, I was neverous as **** <--- (Capitalized)

So when I'd explain a block and such, I'd studder, look around, play with my belt (I suck :p)

So I've come here to ask you, Anyone got any good tips to STOP being this nervous?

I mainly need tips acuse my next belt is a Red belt \o/. And they said if I ever be this nervous again, I'd flunk. And I cant take a test twice, its too bad!
I'd take Sub's oppinion.
And I'd practice with a friend for the test. Like explain a block to him. Then I'd say you wouldn't be much nervous anymore.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Just stop everything you're doing, stop thinking, take a deep breathe and count to ten. o_O
D:

If i stop, They'll think i dont know it and send me back to the line (i take test with 3 people). So yeah :(

dReAm KiLlEr said:
I'd take Sub's oppinion.
And I'd practice with a friend for the test. Like explain a block to him. Then I'd say you wouldn't be much nervous anymore.
It's weird as hell, I acn explain perfectly fine to a White belt, to a friend. Black belt comes... BAM OMFG WTF DO I DOO!1!?1? :p

NightTerror said:
One thing that always cheers me up is to imagine opty in his underwear ;).
Not a bad idea :rolleyes:

Best answers
Like Pain said, just know that every nuclear device on the planet in fact won't detonate just because you make a little mistake. Things are a lot easier if you see them as what they are instead of what they seem like to you.

I never thought the whole 'just imagine everyone else in there underwear,' ever really helped. When you relax, and take control things will get easier.

Best answers
Alright, I had to present a speech to my entire class in the 8th grade.

Shook my legs like hell, studdered to no end, I didn't even do half the things I wanted.

Ya know what? I got an A and I didn't move my arms >.> which was the MAJOR part

So here's some advice: Don't worry! act like a cow if you have to (don't do it). Just talk to everyone as one giant friend that you have known for years. Also if that doesn't owrk act like a smart-ass.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The best method I have is to simply not care. Why be nervous if you dont care whether you pass or not, whether she says yes or not, or what have you. Did it for my Spanish orals and it worked like a charm. Indoctrinate yourself that it doesnt matter how you do, just be sure to still try.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
You got to where you are same as they had to, to get to black belt. They know all about being nervous aswell. I'm only at 3rd(green belt) in my martial arts class and at grading I'm nervous as hell and my instructor (cant spell sensei or whatever) always tells me bout when he was in my shoes.

If that doesnt work, try that underwear idea.

DMW

Best answers
Simple i got a friend who is in karate and this simple thing solved this problem for him,go play a very fun video game and take your mind off of karate for a while,make sure the game doesnt frustrate you to much(be good at it)and put yourself in a possitive,confident state of mind.Put yourself in a i can do anything mood,You take the test,dont let the test take you.Just calm down and look at it as if it isnt even a big deal.If all else fails,train your ass off until you know there is no possible way to fail the test unless god himself wanted you to.Sorry if this stuff was mentioned,i just wanted to put it all here.(PS Sorry for not quoteing if it was nessasary).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ehhhh the only people that get nervous are the ones worried about messing up, so just shrug it off.

and eh.... martial arts are suposed to instil confidence in all situations. if it were any other martial art, you would have failed due to lack of confidence.

Best answers
just thin of it as a joke? life is a joke to me i just lauph at everything thats funny like the underwere thing lol it always works for me i never mess up

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whatever you do, do NOT picture them in their underwear, you will just get even more embarressed -_-

I say, for that brief moment, make yourself feel like your 'above them', like you're their superior, so it feels like if you meess up, who cares. Remeber they can smell fear in you ;(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths, think of something else and just try and slow your heartrate down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get some sex beforehand or ya know...something that...*ahem*

But seriously, that helps me at least. Also, just clearing your mind of worries and going with the flow, that is a big one too.

Best answers
I've always found that taking deep breaths helps a lot. Slowly tensing and relaxing muscle groups can help too.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had moments like that...like "OHH NOES!!! EVERYBODY LOOKIN'!!!1?!?"
but you have to figure out that you know all those people
so you imagine that they are your parents/friends or what ever...

that helps out not deep breath nor closed eyes :C

p.s. since you are doing teh karate try to imagine your self as some of your fav martail arts char's, that should help out just fine.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do not think of what is going on. Just try to clear your head of all thoughts; though do not suppress your thoughts. Accept each thought that pops into your head and just let it go. Make your mind blank, and relaxed. Breathe deeply from your abdomen rather than your chest. Your Diaphragm (located in the abdomen) will help you breathe better. Do not even think about what you have to do if you have to perform forms/kata, just let it come to you.

Most of all do not focus on everything around you. Best way to keep yourself focused is to focus on your breathing, then focus on your energy.

Everyone gets nervous at testing. When I was attending Tae-Kwon-Do, I would always get nervous when I had to finish my testing with breaks (board breaking) and my forms/katas. You just have to focus and concentrate.

You are not there to show off; you are not there to put on a show, and your definitely not there to entertain anyone. You are there to demonstrate your level of skill and knowledge at it's best to see if the instructors agree that you are ready. Just do not focus on the instructors or audience, just let it all go.

My instructors never enjoyed or gave a break to those in my dojo who were nervous, though there were rare exceptions. Usually when someone gets nervous, they are not serious which my instructors never liked at all.

Oh yeah. Another thing is, take one thing at a time, your body and mind will panic if you place too much stress upon it.

Best answers
it obvisouly means much to you and the fear of failing or making a misstake seems to be your fear...my only tip is train 2-3 times more then you do now and with alot of hard work you will probably be more confident to next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom