CS:S Weapons Market o.O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
stupid system.... they shouldnt change tha at all :-\ soon we wont be able to buy a M4 after 5 rounds therefor a whole package after the first round with cheap weapons....

css should keep what cs was.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kevlar+helmet will be unaffordable soon -.-
I think it's only a method of forcing players to not alway buy m4/ak + vesthelm + grens.

atm no deagle in the first round :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
very stupid system...
well atleast i dont care because i havent ever even liked css ^^

edit: i think ak47 and m4 will be in prices skyhigh soon :p

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand why they did this. Not only will it not get them more sales, it's angering the people that play the game a lot. It also cost them development charges you have to take into account.

The idea is very cool and creative, but that doesn't automatically mean it should be put into the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but hey, theres always the choice to turn back to the classics cs 1.5 and 1.6 ^^
btw, by this feature, i think css will lose 10% more player :D

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PiXel said:
stupid system.... they shouldnt change tha at all :-\ soon we wont be able to buy a M4 after 5 rounds therefor a whole package after the first round with cheap weapons....

css should keep what cs was.
You know that's why CS: Source sucks.. becuase VALVe didnt change much from CS 1.6 to Source.. Just the graphics and some other things.
They should released a second version of CS Source, simular to what Gary's mod does to CS Source guns in the mod.. seem's more realistic and more fun.

About the change.. I think VALVe may be trying to lose some of their players due to server costs or something..
Besides, dont need to worry about buying a gun if you dont die or steal someone elses.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhm what exactly should VALVe change on a game wich is only the advance of something allready existing?

I mean they didnt changed the battle system at all in css as all the others, for example Hl Deathmatch, team fortress. All they changed was the graphics as the several bug fixes.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PiXel said:
uhm what exactly should VALVe change on a game wich is only the advance of something allready existing?

I mean they didnt changed the battle system at all in css as all the others, for example Hl Deathmatch, team fortress. All they changed was the graphics as the several bug fixes.
That's what I just wrote...

Best answers
I think I like this system, but maybe they should stick to the base price, then calculate a modifier each week based on demand. I think a price range of about 50%-150% is acceptable for example.

Details about the system are still a bit vague, but it looks like the price of the popular guns would go up every week, until people would stop buying them excessively. So this system might be vulnerable to runaway prices.

I must admit I mostly use unconventional weapons (like the p228, mp5 and scout), so this change will probably give players like me a boost, but who cares? We play with luck instead of aim anyway. If prices of those guns are going to increase by 10% every single week, then it's a very non-subtle way to make people pick other weapons.

And beside's, a Valve employee just stated that

Alfred Reynolds said:
There will be a cvar controlling this new functionality, mp_dynamicpricing, you can disable it if you wish by setting its value to 0.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is pretty bad. Talk about ****ing up scrims, lol.

"OK guys, round 3, buy all your **** to the max!"

"But a, sir, we need m4's, they're too high of priced now."

"DAAAAAAAAMN YOU STEEEEEEAM!"

Yeah, it's gonna ruin a lot of strageties.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think its cool. I don't play CS hardcore all the time, and this change kinda shakes things up a bit. It's nice to see something different in the game after years and years.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Kaination said:

No, no its not. There is a CVAR to disable for matches/pubs if people want. Everyone jumps to conclusions about when things are added to CSS...banfest on SUF about 40-50 were banned from that forum on Friday was quite funny.

Best answers
Kaination said:

And here's where the quote from a Valve employee comes into play....

Alfred Reynolds said:
There will be a cvar controlling this new functionality, mp_dynamicpricing, you can disable it if you wish by setting its value to 0.

If people can't come up with new strategies because of this, then that's pathetic.

The new radar received the same amount of flak, and now people have grown to love it (most of us). I'm not going to instantly ***** about things I haven't even tried. The new radar was a supposed free wall hack, and it has turned out to be one of the best (imo) additions to the game. Ultimately, playing the game with this new feature will give the yay or nay to this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, i thought that new radar was an AMXX support, i dont play css much anymore :)

I think the new radar was a bad ass addition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom