Crysis very high.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Are the very high settings in the origional crysis for dx10? And are they just updated lighting/shadows/and shaders?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as I know, it's the second one you mentioned.

This is because you can actually tweak Crysis to look exactly the same with xp as it is with Vista through notepad.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Are the very high settings in the origional crysis for dx10? And are they just updated lighting/shadows/and shaders?
yes they are, although I really advice to install the latest patch, just it includes some performance tweaks. Additional to that I can reckommend the "natural mod" which raises the appearence a lot. But u can check that our yourself I guess.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, Crysis....wish I could run that at anything other than medium settings :p What can ya do though, when I got my lappy last year, 256 meg 8600 GT was as good as it got pretty much :p (only a few very high end laptop had 8800s)

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I did the notepad thing, game looks amazing and runs smooth:

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
man I can't wait until my new comp arrives ... I'll soooo finally enjoy Crysis on high settings :D

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Sorry, but if you huys are saying that DX9 and DX10 are the same, then you fail....

DX10 renders different than DX9.

Last edited:
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry, but if you huys are saying that DX9 and DX10 are the same, then you fail....

Sorry, but if you, guy, are saying that dx10 is in any way worth it (FPS chop / vista you nub?), then you fail.

DX10 renders different than DX9.
Look kid, I could put a vista partition on this today- but I'm not going to. That is a terrible idea, just for some water shaders to be rendered differently? I mean come on?

You can stop trying to push the idea that for some reason no matter what I do my **** is inferior to yours / or the internet's / or whatever it is you are actually trying to get across over these couple of threads.

Last edited:
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Sorry, but if you, guy, are saying that dx10 is in any way worth it (FPS chop / vista you nub?), then you fail.

Look kid, I could put a vista partition on this today- but I'm not going to. That is a terrible idea, just for some water shaders to be rendered differently? I mean come on?

You can stop trying to push the idea that for some reason no matter what I do my **** is inferior to yours / or the internet's / or whatever it is you are actually trying to get across over these couple of threads.
Hush, Listen u gamegeek.

It''s not choppy that DX10 but your mind is. Get your facts straight Vista is far superior than you think. Can you see the difference with Dx9 and 10? I guess so. So, what's wrong with you. I wasn't even talking to you anyway.

Last edited:
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh cool DX10 has better bloom. Huge ****ing difference.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
As for me, I saw absolutely no difference between Xp ( configured of course ) and Vista when I played Crysis.
Well, except for the 10-15 fps loss on Vista.

Bloom might have been higher with Vista , but honestly, who cares.
Don't know about you guys, but Bloom hurts my eyes when there's too much of it so it's all good.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Last 2 posts pretty much sum up exactly what im thinking.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hush, Listen u gamegeek.

It''s not choppy that DX10 but your mind is. Get your facts straight Vista is far superior than you think. Can you see the difference with Dx9 and 10? I guess so. So, what's wrong with you. I wasn't even talking to you anyway.
Buddy, I'm guessing you're a guy who "upgraded" to Vista, found he landed himself with a **** OS, and since he threw away/lost his XP disk, decided instead of admitting fault that he'd just glorify anything remotely better about Vista in order to distract from the fact that he'd switch back to XP if only he could (since XP is no longer on the market).

But oh yes, Microsoft is certainly playing hardball in trying to get more people to **** themselves sideways to try and cover for the spectacular failure Vista is. Making games like Halo 2 and 3 Vista exclusive, DirectX 10, multi-core support, oodles more RAM space. Of course, the former most point is the **** move. There's no reason whatsoever that those games couldn't have been XP compatible, but no, Microsoft knew it had it's loyal Bungie-loving fanbase to count on and decided to kick them right in the balls by making Halo 2 and 3 Vista exclusive.

Now, I'm well aware we'll all have to upgrade to Vista or otherwise SOMEDAY. I mean, technology moves fast, and there are valid reasons for having an OS that can cater to those changes, the additional RAM and processor bits being prime examples. We don't all want to be those odd smelling creatures who now in the year 2008 still cling to Windows 2000, but the grand majority of complaints I hear concerning Vista need to be addressed, patched and optimized before I begin to consider the move.

I mean, really what are the major benefits over XP? I'm still only using 2 of my 3.25 available RAM in XP and don't have plans on adding more at the moment. If I ever upgrade my RAM it will be to totally new DDR2 RAM and probably the same amount of it.

Sure, better processor could always help, but the processor has little role in major stuff anyway. And DirectX10 fails to impress. You might as well be comparing HD to Blu Ray. I for one don't see enough of a difference to risk yonks of compatibility issues, monstrous bloatware in need of trimming and stability issues up the ass.

Maybe one day when Microsoft releases Vista Service Pack 2 (or likely 3 the way things are going) will finally get their **** together and one-up XP once and for all, and the spreading news of Vista's newfound awesomnity will finally give us reason to give a damn. And then maybe my ass will grow wings and FLY ME INTO SPACE!

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Okay, Why are we frikkin fighting about a damn DirectX.

I just siad that DX9 and DX10 are whole lot different than just water effect's etc. It renders a whole different. You'll see what I mean if you used it on Crysis. Sure I also have XP(dual boot) but Vista seems more stable running for me.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Buddy, I'm guessing you're a guy who "upgraded" to Vista, found he landed himself with a **** OS, and since he threw away/lost his XP disk, decided instead of admitting fault that he'd just glorify anything remotely better about Vista in order to distract from the fact that he'd switch back to XP if only he could (since XP is no longer on the market).

But oh yes, Microsoft is certainly playing hardball in trying to get more people to **** themselves sideways to try and cover for the spectacular failure Vista is. Making games like Halo 2 and 3 Vista exclusive, DirectX 10, multi-core support, oodles more RAM space. Of course, the former most point is the **** move. There's no reason whatsoever that those games couldn't have been XP compatible, but no, Microsoft knew it had it's loyal Bungie-loving fanbase to count on and decided to kick them right in the balls by making Halo 2 and 3 Vista exclusive.

Now, I'm well aware we'll all have to upgrade to Vista or otherwise SOMEDAY. I mean, technology moves fast, and there are valid reasons for having an OS that can cater to those changes, the additional RAM and processor bits being prime examples. We don't all want to be those odd smelling creatures who now in the year 2008 still cling to Windows 2000, but the grand majority of complaints I hear concerning Vista need to be addressed, patched and optimized before I begin to consider the move.

I mean, really what are the major benefits over XP? I'm still only using 2 of my 3.25 available RAM in XP and don't have plans on adding more at the moment. If I ever upgrade my RAM it will be to totally new DDR2 RAM and probably the same amount of it.

Sure, better processor could always help, but the processor has little role in major stuff anyway. And DirectX10 fails to impress. You might as well be comparing HD to Blu Ray. I for one don't see enough of a difference to risk yonks of compatibility issues, monstrous bloatware in need of trimming and stability issues up the ass.

Maybe one day when Microsoft releases Vista Service Pack 2 (or likely 3 the way things are going) will finally get their **** together and one-up XP once and for all, and the spreading news of Vista's newfound awesomnity will finally give us reason to give a damn. And then maybe my ass will grow wings and FLY ME INTO SPACE!
Corp x64 XP > Vista.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom