Crysis Singleplayer Demo

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://files.filefront.com/Crysis+SP+Demo/;8895696;/fileinfo.html

It's been out for a couple days now, and I've been playing away at it. I'm running it at a mere 1024x768 so I can do high settings with a smooth frame rate, and the visuals are simply stunning. The game crashes when I try to turn on AA, but I can do without. The gameplay is pretty awesome; it's like FarCry on steroids, and the physics are absolutely brilliant. The gun modification is neat, but I seem to always run around with the same configuration

Nothing like running down two KPA, then launching your truck through the air and into a building. Grenade through the doorway of another shack, blasting it apart. Gun down the remaining two KPA soldiers before they regroup, stealth, and sneak around to ambush the reinforcements that are on their way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why all the fancy stuff? I just shot them and if they noticed me i just cloaked and waiter >_> Then boom boom 2 headshots and we're done.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweeet.

I've played it a few times and I really like it. It's pretty hard, though, but maybe I just suck. D: At least, it's pretty tough on Normal. I manage well on Easy.

8D I like sniping people from a distance with the sleeping bullet. I also like sneaking up on them with Cloak, then switch to Strength and pummel them in the face.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are a bunch more modifications in the game that we don't have access to in the demo, although a lot of them seem completely unnecessary. I don't even see the point in having the laser for the pistol when enemies are just going to see the laser and follow it back to you.

Which is what I love about this game. The AI is unbelievably believable. They'll flank you, they'll form separate groups, and they'll nade your last position so if you think using the camo ability and staying in one spot is a good idea, think again. I remember walking into one of their "houses"/shacks, and one of them saw me. I was going to try to go out the back door, but the guy had thrown a nade from the front and it blew the entire shack apart, so I was just there staring at everyone, completely out in the open. It was one of those genuine "Holy ****" moments you rarely get in games anymore. I had to super sprint off of a cliff to get away, and then had to hide behind rocks because patrol boats have eagle sight.

It's also great that they are genuinely intelligent, and the elite difficulty doesn't mean, "Oh, now you have to shoot them 12 times in the face to kill them, and they have aimbot. Your guns also do less damage, and their guns do more, but if you steal their guns, your bullets suddenly do less damage." They'll use tactics, they'll use cover, they'll use vehicles (some guy tried to run me over but I shot out his front tire, sprinted towards the car and jumped over it) and, again, they'll use nades. I've grown to fear them because I usually don't hear them plopping down. I'm used to hearing a grenade hit a wall or concrete.

When you get bored of completing objectives, you can just have fun with your enemies. I was feeling suicidal, so I decided to use super speed, ran to a group of 4 or 5 enemies, turned on super strength and boxed everyone. I didn't die, but only because they ran away in fear. It was amazing. I saw a hummer driving towards the area from aways off, so I hid behind some rocks and used the camo ability. It drove by, I shot the fuel cannister on the back and laughed as the driver tried to run away. He was killed by explosion, and I just stood there, amazed at how awesome I was, only to be killed a split second later by.......a patrol boat.

Because they have eagle sight.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why all the fancy stuff? I just shot them and if they noticed me i just cloaked and waiter >_> Then boom boom 2 headshots and we're done.
Why the fancy stuff? Because it's ****ing fun, that's why. A truck barreling through the air into a building is fun enough to justify the whole nano-suit Rambo routine.

I'm going to give it another play through, but this time no silencer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get a headband, a couple of beers, take your shirt off and scream real laud when you unload your machine-gun XD

The real Rambo experience!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm saving my excitement for the full game when it comes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ultimate hardcore experience would be to go through it with only fists and strength.

Had a blast throwing guys through walls, into solid objects and best of all, into other guys. Human shield, Human projectile, Human punching bag. Here! have a barrel! Or maybe this box! Or military crate! THOCK!

I've heard complaints about a lack of knives and bladed weapons, but who needs a knife when you can punch a guy through a wall? That's just plain silly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How do you pick up people? Stand next to them and press 'Use'? I didn't know you could pick people up too, but I have noticed, during melee, that a Use icon would appear on-screen. I hadn't tried it out yet, was too busy punching people. :p

I will say that I'm a little disappointed at how strong the suit's Maximum Strength mode makes you. You can't pick up a car, punching people doesn't seem to make them fly away all that much (or at all, in most cases). The only things I use Strength for, is tossing stuff at enemies and jumping high. I find that using it with melee isn't all that effective, you still need to punch enemies a good 3-4 times before they go down, and you're likely to get shot at during that time. But maybe I'm just doing something wrong, I dunno.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, grabbing people is fun. You can huck them pretty good with the Strength upgrade, but it kinda sucks that they don't fly screaming through the air. Also, the strength upgrade will steady your weapon while you're looking down the sights - great for gunning down your opposition from a distance.

The demo comes with a sandbox editor as well. Once you install it from the game folder, it will be in with the Crysis executable. You can have some fun playing through with a tank (try not to drive through the trees though, you'll get stuck fairly easily), or some of the other weapons. Many of them don't have sound effects, but it's still pretty neat.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How do you pick up people? Stand next to them and press 'Use'? I didn't know you could pick people up too, but I have noticed, during melee, that a Use icon would appear on-screen. I hadn't tried it out yet, was too busy punching people. :p

I will say that I'm a little disappointed at how strong the suit's Maximum Strength mode makes you. You can't pick up a car, punching people doesn't seem to make them fly away all that much (or at all, in most cases). The only things I use Strength for, is tossing stuff at enemies and jumping high. I find that using it with melee isn't all that effective, you still need to punch enemies a good 3-4 times before they go down, and you're likely to get shot at during that time. But maybe I'm just doing something wrong, I dunno.
I'm usually able to one-hit ko the first guy, but every punch drains the energy bar. Even just swinging your arms in front of you uses energy. After about 3 hits, you're completely spent, so you're just doing normal damage.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I managed about 10 fps in lowest settings. Need to figure out how tyo run it in DX9 mode, though not really inetrested in playing it. My card can technically do DX10, but not on crysis being that it's a 256 mb card and they reccomend a 640 meg card :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom