Crysis Closed Beta

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Game looks good, but I can't stand FilePlanet's waiting lines. And no, I haven't played it as I don't have a key.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's good to be a subscriber so there's no lines when you get into the beta.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want to play it, but I'll just wait for the retail version. :3

More importantly: What does the Smithster think of it? O:

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Smith, not going to pay for something that I barely use. I'd rather use FileFront for my downloads.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wasn't telling you buy it. Let's not drag this thread off-topic, please. Thanks.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
*shrugs*, Either way..

Batch 2 09/??/2007 ??:??:?? PST <-- I take this is the "new batch" when they give out new keys?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pretty != good

give us an honest review smiff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Onslaught said:
pretty != good
Exactly. Let's hope the single player portion is better.

The suit's cool, until you realize that everyone has the suit, then it's just normal... and lame. Nothing better than running into a capture point only to find out someone is just standing around cloaked, because cloaking takes almost no energy if you're just standing. Then they pop you in the face and you die.

Oh and it also installed punkbuster's crappy new services (yes, more than one) which run in the background even when the game isn't.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
Exactly. Let's hope the single player portion is better.

The suit's cool, until you realize that everyone has the suit, then it's just normal... and lame. Nothing better than running into a capture point only to find out someone is just standing around cloaked, because cloaking takes almost no energy if you're just standing. Then they pop you in the face and you die.

Oh and it also installed punkbuster's crappy new services (yes, more than one) which run in the background even when the game isn't.
Well that's kind of lame. You'd think the creators of the most hyped and anticipated game ever would have balanced their suit stuff better to prevent people from camping. I'm also not too happy about punkbuster running even when I'm not playing the game. Could the great Crysis be overhyped because of it's graphics, and eventually let us down?

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some things still irk me about the HD videos that were released.
Ew @ the punching animation in first person..

Just a nit picking a bit there though..
I'm waiting for it, still.. I don't think my crappy 8500 512mb will handle it. :[

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
graphics don't make a game. and i have to say, those aren't that impressive. there's not even a big detail jump between low and high end.

it looks to me like just another overhyped shooter.

i think i'll wait for Killzone 2.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Onslaught said:
there's not even a big detail jump between low and high end.
You are kidding me, right? I hope you can see the difference between shading, textures, fog, water etc. Between High and Low? There is an entirely different atmosphere with High settings, vs Low settings.

Smith, is that DirectX10 or DirectX9?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Onslaught said:
graphics don't make a game. and i have to say, those aren't that impressive. there's not even a big detail jump between low and high end.

it looks to me like just another overhyped shooter.

i think i'll wait for Killzone 2.
Actually Onslaught, with the innovative new ideas put into this game, I'm speaking entirely single player, the game should be unlike any first person shooter you've ever played before. The suit gives you new ways to combat levels, and how you go about doing what it is you wanna do. And you should never play the same level and get bored of it. The AI, if it's what they say they are, learn and adapt and work together to try to take you down.

If this game is what I think it will be, I think it should very entertaining.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
You are kidding me, right? I hope you can see the difference between shading, textures, fog, water etc. Between High and Low? There is an entirely different atmosphere with High settings, vs Low settings.

Smith, is that DirectX10 or DirectX9?
That was DX9. Those aren't the highest settings, either, (very high is blanked out) and not all the textures are effected by the change. I'm assuming they left out a lot of the high res textures to conserve file space.

But yea, the difference between low/medium/high is very noticeable when moving around.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you retake the low/high screencaps while looking at a corpse of someone or at a NPC?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
That was DX9. Those aren't the highest settings, either, (very high is blanked out) and not all the textures are effected by the change. I'm assuming they left out a lot of the high res textures to conserve file space.

But yea, the difference between low/medium/high is very noticeable when moving around.
Then I can only imagine how the game would look like on DX10 settings. Damn...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom