Cruel Advertisement?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if this has been posted or not but bleh i'm bored.
I got this from another forum and just wanna see what you guys thought about it. I hope you guys don't get offended by it or anything but here it is.

First 1

Text next to the WTC:
2863 deaths

Text next to the Man with the sign:
30 million infected worldwide

The World united against Terrorism
It should do the same against AIDS

Second

Text next to the WTC:
2863 deaths

Text next to the Kid sitting on the bridge:
824 millions *--- people in the world

It should do the same against HUNGER

Third

Text next to the WTC:
2863 deaths

Text next to the Man:
650 millions homeless people in the world

It should do the same against POBERTY

I don't think it's cruel I think it's reality.

I think it points out the obvious.

I think it's genious
It shows that the government doesn't care of the really big problems.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think its a good point, but saying anything is a bigger problem than terrorism isnt really a right, or fair thing to do.

for instance, there isnt MUCH you can do about aids. its something that once you have it, you can only really slow down.

i agree they are big problems, and they should be fixed, but at the same time, so is terrorism. anyone who thinks otherwise, is a fool. and i challenge them to keep this argument up once someone they know dies from a suicide attack >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes but is things that have been going on even before terrorism.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Well disease poverty and hunger don't really come from extremist groups ...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry to say this, but say all these deaths DIDN'T occur. That's that many more people on this earth to feed, to pay money to, etc. My guess is over population would occur if there was no world hunger, if there was no STD's, or terrorism. I'm not saying not to care or do anything about it. I'm just saying that what if it wasn't there. And I don't see why people who are poor or hungry don't just apply to a fast food restaurant or something.

AIDS's and stuff you can't cure, so I'm not really going to bother about that.

And we could use some world peace right about now.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I'm sorry to say this, but say all these deaths DIDN'T occur. That's that many more people on this earth to feed, to pay money to, etc. My guess is over population would occur if there was no world hunger, if there was no STD's, or terrorism. I'm not saying not to care or do anything about it. I'm just saying that what if it wasn't there. And I don't see why people who are poor or hungry don't just apply to a fast food restaurant or something.

AIDS's and stuff you can't cure, so I'm not really going to bother about that.

And we could use some world peace right about now.
Yea, Nigeria and Ethiopia have alot of Burger King and McDonalds chains open for business.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Magus said:
Well disease poverty and hunger don't really come from extremist groups ...
EDIT: Nevermind

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Personally, for the hunger/poor part (talking about homeless people outside my house throwing rocks at my window chanting, "I need food, I need food" D: ) I dont see why they need to bum money that I earned hard for. Why dont they get off their lazy asses, and go work.

As for the AIDS, I can't say that I dont care, but its just that it doesnt really bother me <_<

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AIDS, STDS, or HIV, it's their fault for not telling their partner if they got the infection/disease. So you shouldn't be worried about them. They should be finding their own way.

For bums, don't even worry about them too. Sooner or later the cops will pick them up and take them to some resturant like Mc. Donalds or Burger King. They always do it here. I know cops would take them were they want to go.

Here's a funny thing about bums, if you give them a sandwich, go hide in a corner and watch what he does to it. Most of the time he'll throw it away and because he wants drugs, not food.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not most bums.....

You don't get HIV from just sex. Look at other countries. -_-;

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
Yeah, Personally, for the hunger/poor part (talking about homeless people outside my house throwing rocks at my window chanting, "I need food, I need food" D: ) I dont see why they need to bum money that I earned hard for. Why dont they get off their lazy asses, and go work.
Wow, some people can just be so ignorant, when they don't understand how the world works outside their little window of comfort. With their computers, fancy cars, and minimum wage jobs, thinking it's just so easy for anyone

Well let me explain something to you, it's NOT. If you're so adamant about them getting off their "lazy asses", why don't you go over to Africa, go to an AIDS ridden, civil war-torn, poverty filled village, where the meaning of the word subsistence, takes on a whole new level, and tell them you think they should all get jobs. No really, go ahead, lead your crusade against laziness. Because really that's all it is, I mean, being into poverty can't be that bad, having your parents killed when you're three years old can't be that bad, living in a country ruled by a corrupt government that takes all foreign aid for themselves, and doesn't care about the people living in it can't be that bad. Nor can living in a country where majority of the people are uneducated, because they will never get the chance to be otherwise can't be so bad. WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO LAZY?! GO GET JOBS YOU BUMS!

Dj^Swift said:
AIDS, STDS, or HIV, it's their fault for not telling their partner if they got the infection/disease. So you shouldn't be worried about them. They should be finding their own way.
Yeah, the problem is, THEY DON"T EVEN KNOW WHAT AN STD IS. The education is so poor in these counrties, they don't even know what AIDS and HIV are. They're not trying to cure it, they're trying to raise awareness to stop the spread of it. Think about this scenario, if you can handle it, parents have AIDS have a kid, kid now has AIDS because it is hereditary, kid doesn't know they have AIDS because they don't have any education in their village, kid grows up and has kids, now their kids have AIDS, see the cycle here? Well, not that I expected you to know that, at 15, I wouldn't expect you to understand what's going on in the world. God forbid you actually try to make an informed opinion rather than spouting nonsense.

Can I get an Amen? ~Magus

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Not to mention women being raped by soldiers who know they have AIDs just to make them suffer that little bit more.

It's a damned good idea. As time goes by people are getting better and better at blocking out the reality of the world. There was a day when you could make people cry by showing them a starving child. Now I can barely turn on the tv without seeing at least two and even I don't feel a thing.

As far as I'm concerned these people should be doing everything up to putting a gun to the head of the ignorant and selfish; the 'civilised world' is still fast asleep.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People in this thread have no concept of hunger and poverty, they have no idea how AIDS affects the world outside of the United States, and simply by using the word 'bum' to overgeneralize the unemployed you've demonstrated that you have no concept of how difficult it can be to get hired when you've got no place of residence, no phone number, and it's actually out of the way just to squeeze into a shower at an overcrowded shelter. "Equal opportunity" is more of an ideal than it is the reality at many places of employment. Read some literature on homelessness and you wont be so insensitive about it.

I think the advertisements are alright... but I was lead to understand that there were a lot more deaths than that in the WTC tragedy. Further, the adds seem a little late... a couple of years ago they would have had more impact than today.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, well, it's hard for me to comment, because I always pictured US poverty/hunger different than international poverty/hunger. Sadly, there isn't a magical button that will heal all these problems, and maybe having every area in the world be 'civilized' is unreleastic, maybe it is not. A couple of things I don't understand, is that is their enough money/food in the world to aid people in need? And if people do donate money, is it put to good use? It will probabl take years to build up the countries os they live at a 'suitable level', but some money is better than no money.

Though I salute Opti's speech, I think swift and kain were referring to the US homeless/aids. I'll admit there are some people the country that will blow welfare on gambling and other unecessary things, but sometimes people are unabled to work. Maybe they are too old, handicap, or not mentally fit to have a job. Getting tested for aids cost money, which sometimes people can't afford. But, if the people want to better themselves and dedicated towards that, then yes, they deserve moeny. But what sometimes annoys me, is when they think its the 'middle classes' fault, or something along those lines. It's like when you were a kid, and a kid asked if he could have some of your candy. The truth behind this is, he did not get the candy for soeme ELSE, he got it for himself. No, I am not promoting selfishness, but think about it, people have their own dreams too. Maybe they always wanted to be wealthy, own a company, or do something big in their lives. That desire does not automatically make them spoiled and selfish.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it seems in this world the only message able to get across is violence, so the pictures are really going in the right direction

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
it seems in this world the only message able to get across is violence, so the pictures are really going in the right direction

True. The sad part is that violence will only cause more violence. And be4 we know it well be stuck in the middle of WW3. And lets face it in all conflicts the civilians suffer moast.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sadly this pictures were banned since they were meant to be MTV ad's ( wow one thing I see MTV do that's right and true ) so the public doesn't get to see. The question is why? I mean I know ending terrorism is important. But they need to see other things also.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Galst Vic said:
Sadly this pictures were banned since they were meant to be MTV ad's ( wow one thing I see MTV do that's right and true ) so the public doesn't get to see. The question is why? I mean I know ending terrorism is important. But they need to see other things also.
The thing is, terrorism will never end, although the people that are trying, are trying their best. (some I may not agree with, not fond of bush, he's doing a damn good job trying to do what he believes his right, he's doing his stuff for some personal gain, but every president who has been, and ever will run this country does everything for a tadbit of personal gain, but he is doign everything for the right reason and though I may complain about it, we're still in one piece.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The truth is there are too many things for anyone to do. In which it takes years to decades for something to be even started on that problem. You could not even count every single thing in this world which we need to fix since there are so many things we do not even know about yet. And a group of people can only do so much at a time and they only do it if they believe it is important or worth anything. To force the government to do something right away is crazy, it is just like with everyone wanting 1.3 to be released, it just can not happen until it is actually being worked on.

The only thing we can do is wait, even though a lot of things might not happen in our lifetime; even though I am 16, I doubt I am going to see everything that everyone wants changed. The funny thing is, when something is changed, only more problems arise (Chaos Theory) and people start wanting what they asked for to be removed or completely changed.

Like for example. I thought Martial Arts was changing for the better, when in fact it is going down hill because people are linking it to violence and since Canada is waiting to pass a law to ban it within the country. If it passes then a lot of people will want it to change. Tons of people dissecting Bruce Lee and his philosophy, trying to make it into an art when his last wish was that it does not become what he disliked (a style).

This world is filled with arrogant and stupid people, which I am not excluding myself. We just have to wait and be patient even though we want to do something about a problem.

If you can do something about a problem and it is in your grasp, then go for it. If you want a problem fixed and nothing is changing, then keep on fighting hard as an opportunity to make a difference will present itself.

Only time will tell... Only time will tell...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom