Criss Angel...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Chris` said:
1. He's got more money than you think.
2. It doesn't take a lot of money to make random people on streets say "omg that was awsome"
3. He's good at what he does? He's an actor. The camera men and directors and the unfamous man that sits in a cubical editing the film that make him "good at what he does".

But I agree, you're right, he's good at being fake. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7850921491190540122&q=Criss+Angel&hl=en

If you want a real magician, check this guy out.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3238128611218355511&q=Magic&hl=en
Whats the difference between a real magician and a fake magician? There is no such thing as a "real magician". You either are or you aren't. You either create illusions, or you don't.

When you can provide proof of Criss Angel paying off everyone he sees, I'll be sure to admit you were correct. It isn't like he just has a television show and thats all he does. He does live stunts over a long period of time and everyone just stands around and watches in awe i.e. him being inside of a glass rectangular container full of water, while chained, only to somehow end up on top of a car fully clothed. All of that happened with dozens of people staring at him and wondering wtf happened. But of course, he paid everyone.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's probably got a twin brother no one knows about.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
*Sigh* No one said he does what he does because of quantum mechanics o.0.

Again, the illusion is what matters and that's all hes responsible for. That makes him a magician. To say hes a fake magician because he's not actually flying or teleporting is ignorant.

Best answers
I personally find Criss Angel's tricks and illusions to be amazing..... Like Chakra X, I also would like to know how he does some of this stuff.

I seen him put his hand right through some guy's chest, pick him up with his arm in him, move him around, and pull his arm out... the guy practically **** himself.

How the hell do you do that?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xenith said:
Whats the difference between a real magician and a fake magician? There is no such thing as a "real magician". You either are or you aren't. You either create illusions, or you don't.
Criss Angel admits that what he does is real, and true. Thus he's fake, because a "real" magician would admit what he does is nothing more than tricks.

Like MC said, if it was real, scientists, psychologists and a bunch of other guys would want to get their hands on him.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
If he were to say "Everyone, all of my tricks are bull****. Seriously", that would disrupt the illusion. The point of magic is to maintain an illusion and make people believe you're doing something other than what you're actually doing. So again, he is a magician. He himself is an illusion because he makes people believe he is something that he is not, and that works to his benefit.

Best answers
Xenith said:
If he were to say "Everyone, all of my tricks are bull****. Seriously", that would disrupt the illusion. The point of magic is to maintain an illusion and make people believe you're doing something other than what you're actually doing. So again, he is a magician. He himself is an illusion because he makes people believe he is something that he is not, and that works to his benefit.
I get your point, but I think he's more of a fake than an Illusion.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xenith said:
Then there isn't a point when magicians show you how they do their tricks now is there. Because it would disrupt the illusion.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
As long as there are more people who believe his tricks are possible than there are people who don't, the illusion remains.

But of course, he doesn't need to show people how he does his tricks. He just pays people to say "Wow. That was amazing." Right? Of course.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xenith said:
As long as there are more people who believe his tricks are possible than there are people who don't, the illusion remains.

But of course, he doesn't need to show people how he does his tricks. He just pays people to say "Wow. That was amazing." Right? Of course.
That's right. Though the people who believe him should take a few college classes.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Chris` said:
That's right. Though the people who believe him should take a few college classes.
Doesn't matter how stupid the person is. As long as they think what hes doing is actually possible, he has a job.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
Fixed.7890
I was trying to seem less insulting by putting "college" in there =/

But okay.

Xenith said:
Doesn't matter how stupid the person is. As long as they think what hes doing is actually possible, he has a job.
I think I missed where I called people stupid. I'm saying people who think this is possible should take a chemistry and physics class. You know, a science with evidence and proof, proof that what he does is impossible.

Now if pain can say that, and what other mods have said, I'll say this:

If you believe that what Criss Angel does is real, and possible, and the world is made of fluffy bunnies with a soft choclatey center, then you're stupid, and need to get off the street, and go back to highschool. Or Middle-school, or college. Whatever. Is it entertaining? not for me because i know it's fake. But Superman is entertaining and he can fly, but it's fake. But then again, that's not a "reality" tv show.

:EDIT: this isn't aimed at anyone in particular on the forums, only the people that actually believe Criss Angel.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You didn't say people who believe what he does is real are stupid, so I did.

What are you even arguing about? Hes a magician. Plain and simple. He shows you something, makes you believe its real, while in reality he's doing something else. Thats what all good magicians do.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well just to say my point we dont know what the hell our minds are capable of or whats even capable in this plane of existance. for all we know gravity doesnt exist, its actually another force at work dragging us toward masses.

that being said i personally like criss angel, even though everything he does is a trick even if by camera. its just cool to watch and thats all its for.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xenith said:
You didn't say people who believe what he does is real are stupid, so I did.

What are you even arguing about? Hes a magician. Plain and simple. He shows you something, makes you believe its real, while in reality he's doing something else. Thats what all good magicians do.
He's an actor. Not a magician, a magician get's up in front of people live, performs "tricks" or "illusions" what have you, and people say "wow that's amazing" (they don't get paid to say it). For example, there was a man, a magician, who could swallow "sugar" he called it, then spit it back out, and it would be dry. Now you think, wow that's cool, because that's impossible. Though it wasn't sugar, it was a hydrophobic type of white sand. Guess how I know that? He explained it to me (amazing).

Criss Angel, is an actor, not a magician, he "performs" on a T.V show, where the real magicians edit film, shoot at different angles, and do certain camera tricks to make it look like he's doing "magic".

I saw a video of him pulling apart a girl. yeah real possible there.

You say he's a magician, I say he's an actor. That's my arguement. Get it now?

Best answers
Chris` said:
He's an actor. Not a magician, a magician get's up in front of people live, performs "tricks" or "illusions" what have you, and people say "wow that's amazing" (they don't get paid to say it). For example, there was a man, a magician, who could swallow "sugar" he called it, then spit it back out, and it would be dry. Now you think, wow that's cool, because that's impossible. Though it wasn't sugar, it was a hydrophobic type of white sand. Guess how I know that? He explained it to me (amazing).
Chris Angel is an Illusionist, like said before he is also an Illusion in of himself, because he makes people believe he is something hes not (all of that talk he does about meditation/channeling energy, is all apart of the illusion)

Chris` said:
Criss Angel, is an actor, not a magician, he "performs" on a T.V show, where the real magicians edit film, shoot at different angles, and do certain camera tricks to make it look like he's doing "magic".
Baseless claims...... plenty of other well known magicians have performed on TV on plenty of occasions, so by your logic they too are not "real magicians" they as well by your logic edit film/shoot at different angles and use camera tricks" correct?

Chris` said:
Its an illusion, you know like magicians sawing people in half but more direct and covered by several angles, (magicians dont have to find ways to make a trick real, they just need to make you believe they did)

Chris` said:
But you have no argument to base your claims.. in most cases all magicians could be actors (what is an actor but someone who plays a role)
=================================

I like MindFreak, Chris Angel is a very interesting guy and hes very good at doing those illusions, hes also knows alot of the other magicians/illusionists (like Lance Burton).
-just because he runs the show MindFreak doesnt make him any less the Illusionist he is-

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Chris` said:

For someone who doesn't watch t.v. you sure are stuck on the notion that all he does is perform for his show. Don't forget that he also did live perfomances. I forget where, might have been broadway. By your standards, all magicians are actors because they are all pretending.

http://www.beginningmagic.net/criss-angel.html

Read the 4th paragraph. If other magicians deem him worthy as a magician to receive awards, that's good enough for me. Unless, of course, he paid them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom