Credit card for steam/only HL?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I just have a quick question. I just got ADSL on my gaming pc and im going to play online soon. The only problem might be if I need to use a credit card online. My mom is extremly paranoid o_o about using her card online. Do I need a credit card to buy steam or only for buying the game (HL)?

Sorry If this has been asked before. I searched the forum and I couldnt find any similiar posts.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Only the game, you can't buy steam itself since its free :p. (atleast the client download). But with the game you will buy online with steam, you can download the games (depends on which package you have bought) from the steam game menu.

Reason because you can't buy "steam", is because it has multiple packages..

Half-Life 1
Counter-Strike (seperated from Half-Life 1)
CS: Source (will be included IF i am correct in silver / gold package)
Half-Life 2 Bronze Package
Half-Life 2 Silver Package
Half-Life 2 Gold Package
DoD: Source (will be included silver & gold package)
..etc..etc...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Thanks Skyrider. Now I can play ESF online and my mother wont have to worry about aliens assasinating her credit card account.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Skyrider said:
Only the game, you can't buy steam itself since its free :p. (atleast the client download). But with the game you will buy online with steam, you can download the games (depends on which package you have bought) from the steam game menu.

Reason because you can't buy "steam", is because it has multiple packages..

Half-Life 1
Counter-Strike (seperated from Half-Life 1)
CS: Source (will be included IF i am correct in silver / gold package)
Half-Life 2 Bronze Package
Half-Life 2 Silver Package
Half-Life 2 Gold Package
DoD: Source (will be included silver & gold package)
..etc..etc...

Actually, if you have HALF-LIFE (1) then you have access to Counter-Strike, Blue Shift, and Opposing Force.

As for CS:Source, I got it with the normal 'package' (I just bought HL2 from the store)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Ah, so Half-life 1 includes Counter Strike, But if you buy the Counter-Strike Condition Zero pack, you only have the CS Package, but that does not include Half-Life

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Skyrider said:
Ah, so Half-life 1 includes Counter Strike, But if you buy the Counter-Strike Condition Zero pack, you only have the CS Package, but that does not include Half-Life

Best bet is to just buy HL1 & HL2

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yup ^_^, But buy the Silver or gold edition of half-life 2 if you want to play the other games such as DoD: Source (day of defeat source).

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah, but I pretty much just want to play ESF and CS.
I just have to go to the store tomorrow and get HL1 and then by tomorrow evening Ill be kicking some a**.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GrimReaper said:
Yeah, but I pretty much just want to play ESF and CS.
I just have to go to the store tomorrow and get HL1 and then by tomorrow evening Ill be kicking some a**.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but this game isnt something you can pick up and be kick ass at, gotta practice ;/

Anyways, hope to see you ingame :)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Ive been playing on WON for 3-4 years, since 1.0 so its not like I just started. Also I got 1.2.3 to work on WON and I can kick all my friends asses, but I know that once I get online everyones going to own me.

I just cant get a shop that still sells HL1. The only shop that has it wants to sell it for $50.

Ill just have to save up and buy it then. Altough its going to keep me from playing online for a week or 2.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
GrimReaper said:
Ive been playing on WON for 3-4 years, since 1.0 so its not like I just started. Also I got 1.2.3 to work on WON and I can kick all my friends asses, but I know that once I get online everyones going to own me.

I just cant get a shop that still sells HL1. The only shop that has it wants to sell it for $50.

Ill just have to save up and buy it then. Altough its going to keep me from playing online for a week or 2.
Why don't you buy it from steam then? On this website:
http://storefront.steampowered.com/v2/index.php?area=all

You can buy Half-Life for $9.95

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I really wish I could, but my mom doesnt want to buy anything online with a credit card. :( She thinks that people will try to use her card details or something like that. o_O

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
GrimReaper said:
I really wish I could, but my mom doesnt want to buy anything online with a credit card. :( She thinks that people will try to use her card details or something like that. o_O
I seriously doubt that. But its either buying it cheap online. Or but it LOTS more in the shops. I guess you have to ask your mom again to buy it for you. Beg her ;)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Shes really paranoid, but she said she would buy it at the shop for me so now I dont have to save anymore :smile:

Hopefully Ill have it by tomorrow, I cant wait to play online anymore.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
GrimReaper said:
Shes really paranoid, but she said she would buy it at the shop for me so now I dont have to save anymore :smile:

Hopefully Ill have it by tomorrow, I cant wait to play online anymore.
So, your mom would rather pay over 4x more then on the steam website?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Like I said, shes paranoid like hell. She refuses to use her credit card online for anything. A well, her loss.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Buy the hl retail package on a different online shop then with cash on delivery. Should still be cheaper then 50$ ...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Nah, its ok, Ill just buy it at the shop and get it over and done with. I dont want to explain anything computer to my mom anymore. Its getting rather annoying explaining things to her.

Thanks for all the help eveyone. Look foreward to playing against you online.

*edit*I found a shop with Half-life blueshift for about $15. Now to get all this to work (I found probably 100 threads explaining how).

*another edit* The shop was out of stock (both) but I think I may have convinced my mother to buy online. Should I buy normal HL1 or CS or something else. I only want to play ESF nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom