Creative Updates From The Pit

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Source: http://esforces.com/news/30/51/Creative-Updates-From-The-Pit.html
Posted Oct 21, 2009 by xstortionist

I know it's been a good two weeks since we've had an update. I wanted to make sure we showed some good progress on what some of our team members are working on. Also, I'd like to apologise for the web site being down. Don't worry because we've got it all fixed thanks to Sky and we'll be making sure it doesn't happen again.

So onward with what everyone is interested in. First I'm going to show you guys the Buu model that Enix has been working on. He did an excellent job with the detail. Enix is a team player and he always comes to the table with excellent creative. Take a look at the screenshot below to see for yourself

The newest addition to our team Vassago has been hard at work with the new Buu Insides Map. I have to say that he is doing an amazing job and it's great to have professional experience on the team. He's no slouch when it comes to detail. Unfortunately we only have a wire frame of the map at it's current stage. We'll update you soon when he gets the finished product in our hands. Until next time folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Very nice new kid buu model look awesome. Its a shadow bug or what in the map ??

New buu map look hot !! :)

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Damn I hate that cloud effect...
Anyway, who made the Kid Buu model? He looks just wrong. The one in the open beta looked much closer to the one in the anime then this one. This one has glove like hands when Kid Buu had 5 fingers and his hips are way to long from up to down.

If you would add that shader to this model it would look better.

Best answers
Damn I hate that cloud effect...
Anyway, who made the Kid Buu model? He looks just wrong. The one in the open beta looked much closer to the one in the anime then this one. This one has glove like hands when Kid Buu had 5 fingers and his hips are way to long from up to down.

If you would add that shader to this model it would look better.
Ya I agree to this too..the OB Buu was more close....

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to agree, the Open Beta Buu looks better. Mainly because more of the big details are modeled, rather than the new one has all the details skinned (chest, eyesbrows for example...maybe shoulders as well, can't see it on the screenshot). Plus the new model's pants look weird. The upper part of his pants are a part of his body, while it should be part of his legs. Now it looks like his legs are 'sticking' out of his pants. Don't know if I am making any sense here.

Last edited:
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers

Last edited:
Best answers
I guess now u guys shud seriously think about publishing this mod as being based on the manga rather than the anime.. :)

Former Forcepit Member :(
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
lol i dont think that will happen xD

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing that i don't like about the new kid buu model are the pants. The OB pants were better :p The rest is good.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
but i like more the new kidbuu,is better,the textute the details,the hands are right,all thing are great ,great work enix i love always your works,and the map the vasago is really nice!! great team

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Shot of buu doesnt do the model justice, it looks so ****ing awesome in the flesh. The model is far more detailed than the open beta model, and textured to a much better level of detail and consistency just you're seeing it with bad lighting and a bad pose.

Btw, when did the anime stop being based on the manga?

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The new Kid Buu model is awesome, but the top of the pants just needs to be corrected IMO.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
some guys cant see the great and hard work that the team are doing with the new features,model,maps..etc.
only can see critics and error...

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
some guys cant see the great and hard work that the team are doing with the new features,model,maps..etc.
only can see critics and error...
We do see all the hard work the team is doing but pointing out the defects so they can be fixed while the mod is still a work in progress is better then pointing them out after the mod is out.

Former Forcepit Member :(
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
those clouds are sweet i want more clouds

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
We do see all the hard work the team is doing but pointing out the defects so they can be fixed while the mod is still a work in progress is better then pointing them out after the mod is out.
i only can remember bad tips from you for the mod,when you will see the good thing?

sorry for the offtopic.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Skiwan is totally right.

I absolutely love this model, and thoroughly enjoyed watching Enix's progress on it. It is far far better detailed than the OB Buu, if you compare meshes you would see how sloppy the OB one is by comparison.
The hands dont bother me, 5 fingers or not, I think they look stylized and manga-like. The torso and pants are modelled to look like that, not textured. The pants are an insane display of skill - all that drapery is modelled!
There is onely 2 things that bother me ; a) after seeing it with animations, the deformation point in the hips is way too low. b) it should be 3666 polys dammit >_< lol

Vassagos map is awesome, and already I love the atmosphere. I had a dream last night that I was roaming that map and damn was it creepy. I just simply cant wait for this map to be 100% because Vass has some great ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom