Creative Labs Seminar, "How to lose lots of customers and piss off the internet."

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So basically, Creative sells sound-cards that say on the box that they are "Vista Ready," only for many users to find out they aren't so Vista Ready and either have to put up with a shoddy product, or spend more money and upgrade.

Well, one member of the Creative community (Daniel_K) did a little "drivering" of his own, and made Creative soundcards compatible on Vista out of the box, when they once weren't without spending more money.

Apparently Creative wasn't too happy about this, voiced their concerns, and just incurred the wrath of the entire internet in the process.

The story has popped up on sites like Digg, Reddit and Slashdot, to name a few, and as many of us know, once the wheels of the internet machine start turning, there's nothing you can do to stop it.

More like, "Phil O'Shiwtfdidido" am I right?

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Wow.....that's just......wow.

Doubt I'll be buying any Creative cards after reading that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm one of the lucky ones who can say that I've never owned a Creative product. Most likely never will.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Granted he was asking for donations for his work, the fact that there was even a demand for working drivers on products that claim to be "Vista Compatible" out of the box shows just what kind of operation Creative is running to begin with. Can a company that has completely atrocious support for their own products expect any less?

In the words of Daniel_K
The funny thing is that you are faster 'protecting' your technologies and intellectual properties than providing improved drivers and software for your customers.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
The last Creative card I had was a soundblaster16SB and i won't be buying anew Creative one.

They should've hired that guy instead of threatening him ...

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
And of course they've ended up just bringing more attention to the fact that they are selling products that are falsely claiming on their boxes to be Vista compatible and are thus legally vulnerable.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do believe there is more to the story than meets the eye.

In any case, I've never had any problems with Creative Cards and this won't prevent me frmo buying a creative card in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom