Creating Servers

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I would like to know how to create a public server. I can create the server for my own personal use but not for others to join. I'm guessing it has something to do with openning the ports, however, I do not know how to do such a thing. If anyone can assist me I'd greatly appreciate it. (I tried searching for it on here, but perhaps no one had this problem, or I searched for the wrong things).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, opening ports can be a different process, depending on what brand your router is. I'm assuming you're using Linksys, which is what this small guide will be based on:

1. Open internet explorer.
2. In the address bar, type "192.168.1.1" without the quotes, and press enter.
3. Now a prompt for a username and password should appear. This is normal. If you're using an older Linksys router, leave the username blank and the default password is "admin" without the quotes. If you're using a newer router, the username is also "admin".
4. Now you should be at the "General" settings page, assuming that the above step worked for you. You should see a tab called "Advanced" in the top right corner of the screen. Click it.
5. Now you have a whole new set of tabs occupying the top row of the screen. Find the tab called "Forwarding" and click it.
6. Ta-da! Here is the port-forwarding settings page. The ports that Half-Life & mods use are 27000-27030 with both UDP and TCP enabled.
7. Once finished entering the ports, click the "Apply" or "Apply Settings" button at the bottom of the screen. You should now be able to successfully host an internet ESF server.

Hope this helped!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You could also check out ~this page~ and ~this page~, which gives you a little more and detailed information regarding routers / port forwarding.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Thanks a ton, Amnestometh! I owe you one. ;)

Discord Member
Best answers
i used this website called http://www.hlds101.com and that website has all the resources you need. If you need addtional help, contact me on one of the messengers listed in my profile.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His problem has already been solved (I know this because I played in his server a few minutes ago :p).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom