creating partitions problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Force Pit Member
Best answers
okay i want to create another partition
now i used partition magic 8 to try and create a partition but every time i try to create a partition i get this error

Code:
Error 1529 while executing batch

Error 1529-information mismatch in directory entry
and the pc restarts and the new partition wasnt created.
i did a chkdsk (check disk) and disk defrag and it still didnt solve the problem
how do i fix this error 1529 so i can create another partition

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
What I found on the net:
There is an update to PM 8.01 that, last I checked, was still in the Symantec support section under updates. That fixed a bunch of bugs in the original 8.0. PM came up with that error on me once before I updated to 8.01. Although Chkdsk repaired the damage for me, I didn't trust the result. Before I'd come across stuff not working and having to mess with OS files, I repartitioned the whole drive and started over clean.

If Chkdsk didn't fix it for you, I'd download that update, install it, make a PM bootdisk that uses the newer files, then boot from that and erase and set up your partitions with the boot disk. Once you have your first OS set up, install PM and update it. Then, you can run the program and use it to change the active partition to install the next OS (right click, advanced, make active). Rinse, repeat, and when you're done installing the OS's, make the partition you're gonna install BootMagic on active, boot to it and install Boot Magic. The configuration window will open and have listed all your OS's so you can choose the order they're listed in, rename them, pick a default one, etc. Since I make'em all Primary's, I set BootMagic to use advanced partition hiding for good measure. I like things totally separate. This way, it also wont matter what order you install the OS's in since they wont see each other anyway.
You can also create a new partition within Windows.. My computer --> Control.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i have version 8.05 which is the latest as far as i know
i also tryed creating a partition with gparted and that didnt work either so its something with my hdd
any idea how to fix that error

Force Pit Member
Best answers
no that doesnt work because that thing wont let me resize my hdd just make the allocated space into a partition and i dont have allocated space

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try installing Partition Magic 7.0, it always worked for me. 8, however, left me with a few problems that were similar to yours. So yeah, try 7, it's basically the same thing.

Best answers
i had pititions on my pc once, i was told that u dont want pititions and so maybe theyre bad? what do pititions do can anybody tell me, sorry for sounding like a total n00b

Force Pit Member
Best answers
well good news i managed to create a partition with Acronis Disk Director Suite i dunno why gparted and partition magic gave me problems but with acronis it worked
tnx for all the help guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom