Creating own characters, but with a twist using bots

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now, we all know that we won't able to create our own characters in this game with out ESF's "consent" because it would possibly hurt the balance of the game. Well...not possibly, it definitely would.

But that made me start thinking. People want "single player" mode, people want Brolly in the game, and people want a "Save the world" kind of mode.

Now, I hope the next idea hasn't been thought of yet, I haven't been keeping an eye on the progress of bots.

Well...why not just add customized bots? You add a bot editor to the bots, similar to how you can edit Superbots right now. But with more (advanced) features, like assigning your own custom model. Creating own attacks, specify if they are beam/ball/what-have-you and assign the needed sprites. Assigning sounds per attack, and other stuff that needs sound. Other stuff such as base powerlevel, health, attack, speed, could all be assigned. Including transformations and a rudimentary system for bot behaviour(aggressive/passive stances etc.).

These would all be thrown in a certain Bot-character map, so you can easily redistribute your own unique bots with other people.

Basically, people would be able to create their own characters, but not be able to play WITH these characters, but would be able to play AGAINST these characters (be it alone in "single player mode" or together with friends). All that, without affecting balancing issues for normal plays.

Server Admins could, for example, choose to create a Dende bot, add a Dende model to it. Give it low powerlevel, low health, 1 healing 'attack', high speed, a passive fighting stance (so it would avoid fighting) and choose to add a Dende to both teams. Making for somewhat more interesting fights.

Server Admins could also choose to create a Brolly bot, give him high powerlevel, high health, his signature attacks with matching sprites. Aggressive fighting stance, and throw him on team A, while the rest of the people spawn in team B. You will effectively have created a more interesting Save the world team-mode, without having to resort to lame Superbots.

It would add some customization the game, set servers apart, allow people to create their own game modes to some extent (Brolly mode, Kill the Dende mode, whatever). Best of both worlds I'd say, you'd have customized characters, without having balancing issues. And it would definitely add another unique "selling" point to ESF.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That sounds uber, dude!
I would love fighting Broly with 5 more mates :p
He's got to have some other advantages too, though
He must have some skills so that 6 guys vs him are an actual challange

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That can easily be added by yourself, just add more attacks, more health, more PL. You can make them as hard or as easy as you'd like.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Great idea! It would really vary the gameplay.
And, I think that it isn't a such difficult task for the team like making story mode.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
you're asking too much... I would like this game to be release in this life time!

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you're asking too much... I would like this game to be release in this life time!
It's not a thing great hardcore coding/other stuff you know. It it gets through in the final release it will be cool.
My opinion: a little feature like this could resolve lots of requests concerning special characters being added.. :)

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think it needs more heroes. I mean c'mon playing 10player map and all are gokus and vegetas. Or if I would play like 8v8 map, and there is 9hero avivable so 7 are the same as others it's kinda not fun. :D
But then again, balancing issues.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If more characters are added, interest will be lost.
I mean, they won't have any cool attacks. It'll get too similar.
So.. basically ECX's Tien, Yamcha, Chaozu etc were completely useless. They are simply.. well, boring to some extent

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I didn't say like add 100more. Like 2-3 more. Like Goku's father! :O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku's father wouldn't be interesting to add, gameplay wise. But still, with this system, anybody would be able to add Bardock, just wouldn't be able to play with him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:happyface:
Basically adding more characters seems very odd to me.
I'd say they leave these characters be and update them to the max, rather than create new ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom