Creating Music

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hello, I'm looking for some software to create music. (Hip-Hop/Electronic/Techno/Ambient/House/Drum And Bass), music.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Lukyas: google.com

@MF: I'll ask Tim N what programs he uses to make music tomorrow. I'm not sure, but he MIGHT be using Fruity Loops.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you, whether the software is free or not doesn't matter, I thought that I should point out.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For what you've mentioned that you want to write, I'll have to chalk up another point for FruityLoops. I've got no experience, whatsoever, with creating techno/trance/beats/what have you, and even I found the program relatively intuitive and not very frustrating.

If you're looking to diverge into non-looped music (ie: composing stuff, or organizing stuff you've recorded), there are other programs I can think of that'd fit the bill better than FL Studio, but we'll cross that bridge when and if we get to it.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FL Studio.

If for no other reason than being able to use your computer keyboard like a piano.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fruity Loops is pretty much the best.
are you smoking crack?

from the types of music you describe, give Ableton Live! a go. http://www.ableton.com/

software is the shiz.

the keyboard piano thing is common in most pro audio solutions, because all you're doing is asking it to act as a midi input (since all keyboards you can sync to your pc are synthesisers, all they do is work as a midi input anyway). you're going to want a lot of ram, a good cpu, and more importantly, a dedicated sound card, if you want to produce anything decent with no latency...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys have no idea what you're talking about. He should clearly go with the punk-o-matic 9000

http://www.2flashgames.com/f/f-548.htm
Obviously, Sub has bested the rest of you.

I never thought about the idea of a music-making program when I had a PC.

Macs come with Garageband, but I do not know how it compares to the others listed. I like it, and I do not create music.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logic Pro >>> GarageBand

Please don't use GarageBand whatever you do.

I personally use Logic Pro because that's what we use in my sound production classes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm kind of wrapped up in schoolwork this weekend, I'll get into this some other time. Thanks, people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom