Creating FOG, please help

Best answers
well i have looked every where on the net and at the stickys a bit...
but can someone tell me how to make fog in worldcraft and if not set the max distance less because i have seen it done/?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For ESF? Use the entity tool and add an entity anywhere inside your map that is called "Fog". The properties for it are very self-explainatory. For non-ESF modifications, you will have to find a modification that uses Spirit of Half-Life and use their entity (the modification has to have Spirit coded in). Otherwise, there is no other way other than spamming some sprites, which is not a good idea if you want a playable map (0 FPS, max entity limit, etc).

Best answers
thnks very much matey...
i have another question .... to make trees.. ( iknow there are tutorials) but can u donwload a prefab or something?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're models, so you add them with env_model.
You might be able to find a brushmodel prefab, but I wouldn't recommend doing that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dragon wouldn't recommend them because they are so simple it would be a waste of harddrive space to make one. ENV_Model, set model name to the pine1.mdl. It's insanely hard. A clip brush around them, so you cannot go through them. Again, another mapping marathon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optional said:
Dragon wouldn't recommend them because they are so simple it would be a waste of harddrive space to make one. ENV_Model, set model name to the pine1.mdl. It's insanely hard. A clip brush around them, so you cannot go through them. Again, another mapping marathon.
Don't they have bounding boxes so that they are clipped for you already or something? I haven't worked with the new FGD other than trying out a func_train, so I'm not entirely sure.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the bounding box is a square, and if you have a round model, the bounding box seems to stick out hte model everywere. So creating brushes inside the model might be better.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can have the box perfectly around the model. The leaves are alpha-skinned. Around the trunk, yes. If you make it too small, then you can go through part of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom