creating a website

Best answers
hi every one i was just wondering if there is a program for making a website, im coplety useles at html coding so thats a no no and im not bothered about paying for the program

KyoKusanagi

K
Most ISP's provide a "DIY" website section on their homepage, where all you do is upload your pictures and type up whatever text you want to appear into the appropriate areas. It won't look particularly pretty but it does a basic job.

If you wanna be a smarty pants just do it all in Powerpoint and use slide linking as the link between pages and save the ppt file as html.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And the fact that the second page won't load is a good reason not to use it. lol

There are tons of ways to create websites. Microsoft Word can even do it. I'd say your best bet would be to get Frontpage though. It's the easiest and it codes the least horribly (though still horribly).

Best answers
my suggestion is to learn html, its so simple....www.htmlgoodies.com is where most noobs start out but trust me in the end when you want to make your webpage look really ice html is your last resort lol

EDIT: Fixed the link lol

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just learn html. It is actually pretty simple. (Hey i lerned it) ⌐.⌐

Just go to google and type in like "Html tutorial" or something. you'll find a list of tutorials that give you step by step instructions on building a website. There are a lot of tut's out there. Looks around. If you take the time you read, it really isnt that hard.

Best answers
Oops heres the right link:

http://www.falcons.dk/irak
and
http://www.falcons.dk/klanavatar

the good thing bout frontpage is its very easy to implement html, so u can actually make your whole site in html and just click one button to see what it looks like. If somethings not positioned right you can simply move it with da mouse instead of spending endless time finding it in the code - but okay im not very good at html so thats just for someone on my lvl that its a good thing :) However html often ends up being ur best friend rather than frontpage when it comes to getting differen images positioned correct..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you use a WYSIWYG editor like Frontpage...finding the stuff in the code IS an endless miserable task. Most of the code it renders is ****.

Take a look at Total Vamp's post's links. It says it's loading 72 images and when it's finally done, it's only one big one.

In that Irak address, the picture is massively overcompressed.

Unfortunately, the only way to have truest precision, is with the code.

Best answers
hey every one thx for input and gonna get front page so mt next thread will be my website, if thats allowed

Best answers
lol i know that preloader loads images of the site itself not just the big one^^ but moving to another server soon so that will be removed..

you can also use dreamweaver but i don't like that program only for making CSS files

Best answers
I'd say a combination of dreamweaver and html is best, but dreamweaver, which is a program developed by macromedia, makers of flash and what not, is pretty expensive. However its code is fairly easily understood, and unlike frontpage it does not write 15 pages of senseless html to load 1 image.

Best answers
Yeah I agree with open source, get dreamweaver, it does way better websites than frontpage, although its harder to use, but dont worry its not THAT hard to learn.

You can also learn Fireworks, it does pretty decent webpages on its own, with no coding, eventhough its an image editing program.

You could also try searching the web for web design software, there are quite a few that are free. But in the end you should learn html, its not that hard and will help you a lot.

Hope that helps.

Best answers
Or... you could just use notepad. Learning basic HTML is definatly the easiest thing I've done in terms of coding anything.

Best answers
To pride: yeah i know its overcompressed :p made it like 1,5 years ago, and it wasnt supposed to be art, its for a school project and just ment as a default page image showing some of the sites content :)

Ontopic: well i guess frontpage writes alot of unused html, but in pracsis it doesnt really matter that much, at least thats my experience.

Best answers
i started about 4 years ago in frontpage, when moved onto dreamweaver, then got dreamweaver MX and used it ever since, i find it mental to code in aswell

-SaN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom