'Create Server' Question

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well I wanted to play with a friend of mine ESF:ECX RC2 and tried with 'Create Serer' option from the menu. Everytime we try to Join one another's server it says only "Server not responding." I remember first time when someone showed me ESF I was able to join his or he joined my server from 'Create Server' but after lots of tries. So now I'm thinking, it's possible to join someone's server from 'Create Server' option, and if it's yes then how? I made a Dedicated Server but Big Pack is crashing it when trying to do, for example you're transforming to Kid Goku, the server is crashing or fusion, and it's very annoying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is not the same as ECX. ECX is a modification for ESF, and ESF isn't all that related to it.

Your problem might be a firewall issue. Are either of you connected to a router?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ESF is not the same as ECX. ECX is a modification for ESF, and ESF isn't all that related to it.

Your problem might be a firewall issue. Are either of you connected to a router?
I don't think it's the problem with ESF:ECX RC2 since I already tried with ESF alone (without ECX) and same thing. And yes, I was connected to a router, remembered my NAT Type is Closed while on a router so changed back to a wired connection (to say it like that). I don't know about him. Also my firewall is disabled :D .

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure sv_lan is set to 0. It's also worth checking if you have the ports needed open.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have a router, you will have to forward the ports used by the game to host.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
servernotresponding.png

I did everything and yet nothing. This is what happens when I try to join or he tries to join.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
View attachment 1399

I did everything and yet nothing. This is what happens when I try to join or he tries to join.
If someone joins outside your network, don't use your network IP rather than your internet IP..

http://www.whatismyip.com/

With :27015 added in the end. Sharing the 192.168.x.x IP's or connecting to it won't work. It'll only work if your friends computer is connected on the same network as your own PC.. With other words, being in the same house.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sadly it's the same thing. I really can't understand what's not working.

EDIT: Well I just checked the Internet Server List while I was on my server with 'Create Server' option and it was there but my friend couldn't see it or connect to it.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does your friend have legal Half-Life on Steam?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, okay, let's try to get an overview here:

You have a bunch of weird mods that notoriously make ESF go on the fritz. If we assume those aren't the problem, then there are a few things that have to be in place:

Whoever creates the server has to be either directed connected to, or have a network that is directly connected to the internet. For someone outside of your local area network (LAN), you have to specify a port that the router knows should be forwarded to your internal network address.

Client [Internet] -> Router [Internet/LAN] -> Host [LAN]

Obviously the person connecting also has to be online, and they have to own ESF legally through Steam.

Procedure:

1. Connect to your router from a computer. Your router has an address you can connect to through an internet browser. Often, you will find that address underneath it. Many routers require a login and or password. If you don't have these, you may have to google the make and model to find the default password, or ask whoever set it up for the password.
  2. Forward the port required to your internal internet address. The port required in this instance is 27015, unless I'm mistaken (there might be more, and Sky can correct me on this), and your internal internet address is easily found by doing the following: Windows Button + R to access the Run window. Once in the Run window, type "cmd" and press enter. A new, black window will pop up, and it will say "Command Prompt", and allow you to type things into it. Type in "ipconfig". There will be something called an IPV4 Address with numbers following it. That is your internal network address.
  3. Host your server, and make sure your friend has your internet address and not your internal network address. Skyrider's post details how to find that.
If this doesn't work, and your friend can't connect, there are a bunch of problems that we can't help you with unless you provide some details for us.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well:
1) I'm talking about the 'Create Server' option from the menu and not a Dedicated Server. Saw on a topic that someone did a server with Create Server and players were able to join.
2) My ports are already forwarded on my router but now I'm using a broadband connection.
3) I gave both IPs and nothing :( .

I did this topic because a Dedicated Server is unstable with ECX or BigPack and that's what we want to play :D .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you're sure that your ports are fine? Would be nice with screenshots to verify that you've forwarded correctly.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Not possible now since I'm on broadband connection. I'm not using my Wireless now :D .

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My old router did the same thing. Basically no matter what i did it kept blocking any multiplayer game i hosted and forced that game into LAN mode.

I was only rid of that problem once i bought a new router.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wireless or Broadband has nothing to do with forwarding ports. Try what Avenger says before moving on to other possibilities.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Tried everything and yet nothing. Wanna someone test with me if I can join him? My SteamID is narutoo9tails :D .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For God's sake, you still haven't told us whether you've forwarded your ports or not! And if your friend "can't see servers", he's probably not using a legal version of HL.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
He's USING a legal version of HL1 but I said he can't see MY server when it appears on the internet list. He does see eaxctly same servers as me, except mine. If I make a Dedicated Server it doesn't show on the Internet list but he can join me with the IP. And I know I port forwarded long time ago but I'm not using Wireless Router 'cause no one can join any server I create :( . Also can't make party on MW2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom